[RECOVERY][TREBLE] TWRP 3.2.3-0L v1.3 Labs Mod for the ZTE Axon 7

Search This thread

larsky

Dec 30, 2010
I've tried both
TWRP_3.2.3-0L_v1.3-Axon7-Labs_Mod.img
and
TWRP_3.2.3-0L_v1.3.B12-Axon7-Labs_Mod.img

Neither one seems to be able to decrypt internal storage.

In fact, the majority of the Lab scripts do not seem to function what so ever.
Anyone else having this issue?

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Well, the sources are at glance. You just have to unzip the zip files in the okilabs folder and you will find the shell script code. The UI part is under the twres also available for inspection in raw xml text files. The rest of the binaries are standard TWRP 3.2.3-0 so just go to the TeamWin repository for their sources.
I can't find any zips or okilabs folder, am I missing something? I'm interested in EDL backup/restoring on older B32 ROMs but can't with this recovery.

edit: nevermind found them in root when in TWRP

Last edited:

Jeremy-X

Apr 13, 2017
I've tried both
TWRP_3.2.3-0L_v1.3-Axon7-Labs_Mod.img
and
TWRP_3.2.3-0L_v1.3.B12-Axon7-Labs_Mod.img

Neither one seems to be able to decrypt internal storage.

In fact, the majority of the Lab scripts do not seem to function what so ever.
Anyone else having this issue?

I have exactly the same, I can encrypt, but it not decrypt afterward. And the Oki Labs scripts are doing nothing.

FifthAxiom

Nov 10, 2010
Clinge
@Oki can you tell more about deep wipe? I did the deep wipe on 60% (for clean flash) and now i face major battery calibration issues,even after go stock and clean flash.Can you recommend something?
Damn me too. 50 percent loss of battery capacity . In the morning my phone is turned off. Sometimes 50 percent left or nothing at all. Weird. Did a complete restore (all partitions) and problem still exists. Also did a recalibration.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZTE A2017G met Tapatalk

Predatorhaze

Feb 18, 2016
Gelderland
Damn me too. 50 percent loss of battery capacity . In the morning my phone is turned off. Sometimes 50 percent left or nothing at all. Weird. Did a complete restore (all partitions) and problem still exists. Also did a recalibration.

I've had the same problem,sorry man.Can't really help because the problem is unknown,I fixed it once but their is no procedure.A battery replace will not fix it so I would avoid that for now.
What ROM did you flashed and bootstack?Which axon version?

Can you flash twrp from nfound,treble version,and flash party zip for vendor?If it says vendor is still ther,don't delete it,cancel the operation.Go back to twrp and wipe all partitions,also vendor!Reboot in twrp and make sure all partitions are wiped and are ext4, if this is not the case format data.Then flash the party zip,delete vendor partition,reboot twrp.Flash party zip again to make sure its gone.

Reboot twrp again and try to mount vendor,if it mounts,delete again with party zip,if it doesn't mount the vendor partition will be probably gone.(reboot twrp if you used party zip)
Now you should go flash stock nougat ROM or a twrp for nougat and custom nougat ROM with the according bootstack (I used los14 bootstack and nuclearom)

Last edited:
Reactions: Androowner

FifthAxiom

Nov 10, 2010
Clinge
I've had the same problem,sorry man.Can't really help because the problem is unknown,I fixed it once but their is no procedure.A battery replace will not fix it so I would avoid that for now.

Can you flash twrp from nfound,treble version,and flash party zip for vendor?If it says vendor is still ther,don't delete it,cancel the operation.Go back to twrp and wipe all partitions,also vendor!Reboot in twrp and make sure all partitions are wiped and are ext4, if this is not the case format data.Then flash the party zip,delete vendor partition,reboot twrp.Flash party zip again to make sure its gone
Used the international Ota oreo update. After that I backed up all partitions. Then installed the recovery (unlocked the bootloader months ago). Did not install a seperate boot stack. I will try an edl restore tomorrow (my own backup and maybe the Ota provided here by sideloading) which has stock recovery. Right now I am not sure I did a complete edl restore after the problem occurred. Busy having two kids so my memory is a bit out of sync. Keep you informed in the coming week. Thank you for your quick response.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Can you flash twrp from nfound,treble version,and flash party zip for vendor?If it says vendor is still ther,don't delete it,cancel the operation.Go back to twrp and wipe all partitions,also vendor!Reboot in twrp and make sure all partitions are wiped and are ext4, if this is not the case format data.Then flash the party zip,delete vendor partition,reboot twrp.Flash party zip again to make sure its gone.

Reboot twrp again and try to mount vendor,if it mounts,delete again with party zip,if it doesn't mount the vendor partition will be probably gone.(reboot twrp if you used party zip)
Now you should go flash stock nougat ROM or a twrp for nougat and custom nougat ROM with the according bootstack (I used los14 bootstack and nuclearom)
Huh? Didn't notice the final lines of your post. Will try. I have the nfound recovery right now and using the A2017G.

Duken30

Jul 27, 2009
Same here with the encryption. I just enabled in an Lineage 16 reboots to recovery asking for password and does not take it. Any chance we can get a 3.2.3-2 Build to resolve this?

Volumetrik

Nov 27, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Huawei MediaPad M5
Hello,

First, thanks a lot for this useful tool :)

Trying to move to Pie Rom with this helpful TWRP, unfortunately I am unable to get it working/accessible.
Currently under Official TWRP v3.2.3-0 and tried to flash v3.2.3-0L with TWRP itself or Axon7Toolkit. In both manner, Seems to be OK but when restarting in Recovery Mode, LED blinks two times and phone stops, nothing, it doesn't go further. Combo doesn't give access to Recovery, even with adb command: unreachable. Nevertheless, System boot still works, boots correctly to LOS14.1.
I am stuck at this point, since it's mandatory to get this step successful to create Vendor partition, etc... I am not encrypted.

Auto-replying to my post: Used EDLTool and OKI Labs EDL to Flash successfully :)

Last edited:

AxBW

Jul 22, 2014
The download links are not working for me, androidfilehost.com says 'No mirrors found'! Is there any other place I can download these files from ?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - T W R P 3.2.3-0L [Labs Mod] -
    The Swiss Army Knife TWRP Mod for the Axon 7

INTRODUCTION

This was a long term project that I have been using for a long time. I created some scripts to make it easier and faster to flash new roms and quickly restore the daily driver configuration after a testing session. For easier access I modified the TWRP interface to add direct access to the scripts. They had many problems but they were good to me since I created them and I knew how to used them well, but they were not ready for other users.
    But the time has come and I have cleaned up most of the annoyances in the tools and in the UI. I have named it "Labs Mod" since it allows me to have my flashing lab on the go, making it extremely easy to switch to different configurations, or recover the daily driver configuration in a few minutes. I believe it is free of major bugs and now I can concentrate on adding new scripts, and more options to the current scripts.

FEATURES

On top of the latest improvements introduced in the official TWRP 3.2.3-0, this mod offers the following added features:
    • Full vendor partition support (mount, format, wipe, partition image flash, TWRP backup and restore).
    • Integrated Bootstack backup and restore.
    • Modem firmware image flash
    • Reboot to EDL
    • Button to enable device mapper verity (DM-Verity) enforcing
    • Button to disable the eMMC write protection (disemmcwp)
    • Backup/Restore internal storage to the TWRP Backup folder in the external SD. Ensure you have enough free space, free space check is not yet implemented.
    • EDL backup zip creation. Dual zip use since the resulting zip can be installed using TWRP from the phone or using MiFlash from the computer. It offers the following package creation options:
      GPT: Partition table only.
      CONFIG: Device config data (IMEI, SN, MAC, etc).
      BOOTSTACK: Boot firmware without modem.
      MINIMAL: Includes GPT+bootstack+modem+recovery.
      EMERGENCY: Minimal + device config.
      FULL: Minimal + OS.
      FACTORY: Includes Full + config.​
    • Integrated Treble PARTY tool for creating and removing the vendor partition. Vendor partition is required for Treble ROMs. Removal is required for flashing old non-treble roms.
    • Lockscreen security removal. Removes password, pattern, fingerprint, etc... (in case you forget your password or the security descriptor gets corrupted).
    • Google account binding removal (in case you want to wipe from within recovery and test with different google accounts).
    • Bootloader unlock message removal.
    • New! Expand OS partitions (Vendor and System) to fit the whole partition. Useful for expanding the GSI filesystem for having space for adding GApps or moving apps to system.
    • New! Deep Wipe function performs a low level wipe of the partition data, erasing the remaining the portions of the eMMC that stored the partition information.
    REQUIREMENTS

You need an unlocked Axon 7

INSTALLATION

WARNING, THIS SOFTWARE COULD WIPE ALL THE DATA IN YOUR DEVICE, INCLUDING THE INTERNAL STORAGE.
    IT REQUIRES TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY IN AN UNLOCKED DEVICE, OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE COULD BE BRICKED.
    !!! Whatever you do, it is at your own risk !!!

Follow these steps:

1. Download the TWRP Labs Mod image to your External SD card.
    2. Boot to TWRP and select the Install option in the main manu.
    3. Tap on the install image button and select your external SD. select the image file you downloaded, select the recovery partition and confirm.
    4. Reboot to recovery again to ensure the changes are applied properly.

DOWNLOAD

• TWRP_3.2.3-0L_v1.3-Axon7-Labs_Mod.img Flavor of the mod using the official TWRP 3.2.3-0 Kernel binary (Quick boot even when using F2FS, full ADB support, NO B12 Oreo encryption). Use this if you do not plan on using device encryption. Please note that you won't be able to use any tool of this version if your device is encrypted.
    • TWRP_3.2.3-0L_v1.3.B12-Axon7-Labs_Mod.img Device encryption enabled flavor of the Labs mod. It use the 3.2.1-8 TWRP Kernel binary (Long boot when using F2FS, NO ADB support, B12 Oreo encryption). Use this one if you use device encryption. Please note that this flavor doesn't support adb interface.

NOTES

1. I do not have the time and expertise to dig into kernel hack so this is why I do not provide a unified kernel with fast F2FS boot, ADB and B12 encryption. Probably people developing kernels could help on this issue. It would be nice having a kernel with proper F2FS boot support, B12 encryption and ADB interface. Until then, there is no other way than having 2 flavors depending on the features we require.

SOURCES
    C'mon, all of them are scripts!!! the sources are at glance. Use them in your projects but don't forget to give credit to the source !!!

CREDITS
    @NFound for the recovery kernel binary supporting Oreo B12 encryption.
    @someone755 for the keycheck binary I use in my scripts.
    @Chainfire for the TWRP install script hacks.
    LABS MOD Q & A

Hi Oki,

Since you made this great tool I'm just going to make a list of questions/situations ( I know the answers but i leave this up to you as you're right in the middle of it) which could be very usefull to members/starters before trying this out : (all with unlocked bootloader)
    No problem mate.
    1. I'm on 7.1.1 stock, official twrp3210, encrypted and want to test some Pie and revert back to my own backup I made myself in twrp3210. What do you recommend ?
    This guide should work. If you specifically want to use the backup of that version, then add two steps:
    1. flash TWRP 3.2.1
    2. Reboot to recovery and restore your backup.
    2. The same as above but without encryption.
    This guide should work.
    3. Would installing your LabsMod always mean my intSD will be wiped too ?
    No, TWRP Labs Mod is a recovery, it won't format or overwrite any partition other than your previous recovery. IntSD is wiped only when you format your userdata partition. That happens when you add or remove the vendor partition in front of the userdata partition, or when changing the filesystem between ext4/f2fs.
    4. Can I always restore backups made with official twrp, twrp3218 Nfound or LOS version ?
    TWRP Labs Mod is able to restore the official backups. NFound versions use a different folder to store the TWRP backups. All you have to do is to move the NFound's TWRP backup folder to the official location, which is a folder with the ID of your device inside /external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS.
    5. Since the tool is somehow EDL bulletproof, would this mean 4th cat. brick is never going to happen again ?
    There is always a risk of having a complete brick if you do not take the correct measures. For your safety and peace of mind, I always recommend the use of a Bootstack supporting the EDL boot by using the VolUp+VolDn+Power combo. The EDL Backup creates ZIP files that can be either be flashed like any other TWRP zip file or by extracting the contents in your PC and flash them using MiFlash or any other similar tool. So there is no risk as long as you can boot to EDL and have an EMERGENCY EDL backup on hand.
    6. Should I always wipe ' treble' vendor when going back to stock ? And how ?
    You have to remove the vendor when going back to stock. Just run the PARTY tool and remove it if you have it in your system. No need to wipe it.
    7. I'm on B12 bootstack (Nfound) with AEX treble vendor. Can I go back to stock and how ? What to use ?
    The easiest way to do that is by flashing the EDL package from a computer. However you can always remove the vendor partition and flash any backup ZIP of the stock system.
    8. I'm using your tool but want to go to full stock with locked bootloader to sell the phone. Is that possible ?
    Flash the EDL package for the stock ROM and relock the bootloader. There are some guides for doing that. TWRP don't help on that. No matter what you need a pc for unlock and relock.
    9. Is your vendor partition created within System or user data ? Should this in any way effect using any (s)GSI roms in future ?
    PARTY can create 2 different sizes in 4 locations of the eMMC. The recommended one is the end of the system partition. This way there is no need to reformat the Data and intSD, vendor can be added and removed on the go, and the host partition can be hot resized without losing any content, in other words, the files inside the partitions remain untouched.
    10. When making a full EDL backup, is it possible to share my backup without personal data ?
    The FULL EDL backup doesn't have any personal, or device data such as IMEI, SN, MAC, etc... so you can share it with everyone. Only EMERGENCY and ALL options include device specific partitions.
    11. Can I switch from B12 bootstack to LOS bootstack and back ? Are there any risks and what should I do ?
    There is no need to do that. LOS bootstack is actually a B12 bootstack. The risk is the lack of EDL boot support using the button combo. The Bootstack linked in question 5 is compatible with all LOS and NFound ROMs and include EDL boot key combo.
    12. Would it be recommended to always have a MINIMAL EDL backup when I do not have any Full backup ?
    It is up to you. MINIMAL allows you to boot recovery and flash anything. FULL includes also an OS. Probably EMERGENCY+FULL, or MINIMAL+ALL could provide cover for any situation.
    13. Works the Bootloader Unlock message removal on any A7 device ?
    The Bootloader unlocked message removal works with B32, B10 and B12 bootstacks.
    14. Are there certain things that certainly have to be avoided using your tool ?
    The standard recommendation: do NEVER flash, wipe, create or delete without a complete backup of your device and a bootstack with EDL key combo support. If you are covered, then you are safe.
    15. Can I switch between your two versions depending on my need ? What should I do ?
    Yes, you can. Just flash the other version and reboot to recovery. I was even thinking in integrating a dual kernel boot, switching from one to the other with the press of a button to trigger the swap and the recovery reboot. This is one of the improvement projects.
    16. Can the tool flash the vendor partition to user data so wiping vendor wouldn't be needed anymore to go back to non-treble/vendor backups ?
    PARTY allows that, but having the vendor next to system allows for a quick on/off of the vendor partition, and then there is no need to reformat anything. Adding the vendor using data as the host partition can affect the userdata and makes things more complicated.
    17. Can a full EDL backup made with OL always be restored on another A7 with OL B12 setup ?
    An EDL backup can be restored with any TWRP regardless of the bootstack or TWRP version. Or flashed from the PC using MiFlash.
    New TWRP LABS MOD v1.1 released:

CHANGE LOG:
    * Added free space check in the Storage Backup function.
    * Fixed back button UI crash in the confirmation page of the Oki Labs tools.
    * Fixed EDL ZIP restore issue affecting the sets MINIMAL, EMERGENCY, FULL and ALL. Key detection is now working properly and backups created with this version can now be restored in TWRP as well as the rest of the sets. Please note that the affected sets created with the initial version can be restored only using MiFlash so update your EDL backups to have full functionality.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating and learning throughout the enlightenment journey.
    New TWRP LABS MOD v1.2 released:

CHANGE LOG:
    * New Function: Expand OS. It resizes the filesystem of the system and vendor partitions to fit all the space available in the partition. Useful when flashing GSI and the user wants to add GApps, systemize apps or add any other module to the system or vendor partitions.
    * Fixed the error at TWRP boot script. The log shouldn't show any error except the warnings appearing when the vendor partition is not present.
    * Fixed EDL ZIP restore script issue affecting some configurations. In some cases the script was not able to restore the partitions in the zip file. Please note that the affected sets created with the initial version can be restored using MiFlash. If your device is affected by this issue and has problems restoring backups, please restore your backups using MiFlash and create them again using the new restore script.