[RECOVERY][tulip] TWRP 3.3.0-1 by ATG Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ATG Droid

Jul 7, 2017
Prague
frantakysela.com
problem never stops for me .. last eve I got notice that Miui 10.2.2.0 is available update, so I did the same which was working before for Miui update (I was using PitchBlack by that time). So I deinstalled Magisk, performed update, TWRP booted, was not able to install (same as PitchBlack) then re-downloaded miui update (this time a bit bigger), then again phone restarted to TWRP, it did the system update, and the phone restarted fine. So the same like with PitchBlack,

Now comes the good part - as I tried to go back to recovery to install Magisk back, I got the factory recovery. Even better, I flashed via adb console 3.2.3.1, all went fine (sending recovery ... OKAY), and yet when I enter to recovery I don't have TWRP but the stock recovery. Any idea (instead of future hiding the notification for miui system update that caused all the sh*t ;) ) ?

Flash recovery and directly boot in to it, or use fastboot boot recovery.img

After that flash dm-verity zip.

Reactions: clemenza011

Pratham Desai

Jan 27, 2017
How to safely flash this? Is this compatible with 10.2 miui global? And what's this decryption/encryption things which I have to take care of, I don't understand anything. Please guide me!!

dhuriajay

Jul 1, 2013
Mumbai
Flash recovery and directly boot in to it, or use fastboot boot recovery.img

After that flash dm-verity zip.

why DM variety.. where I can get that..

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

What are the steps to safely flash this? I'm new to this please help.

Unlock your bootloader.. if you haven't unlocked yet.. then run following command

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

currently recommended version is 3.2.3-1

Pratham Desai

Jan 27, 2017
How to avoid this decryption issue? I don't even know what's it's about? Can you explain to me what it is and how it can be avoided please?? Please reply and help me out..

Hacker?pcs

Dec 3, 2015
So my situation was this, I was on 10.0 unecrypted rooted with Magisk after unlocking the bootloader and applying dm-verity and anti-force encrypt disabler. I upgraded to 10.2.1 but forgot to apply the disabler again so the data partition was encrypted. Trying to root by flashing Magisk resulted in a bootloop fixed only by re-flashing the vanilla boot. So I discovered this thread and tried the beta with the decryption capabilities.
It was able to decrypt the data with 3.2.3.2 beta but after rebooting it couldn't accept the passphrase so I tried the suggestion here. I was able to make a backup of the data which was unecrypted (and also backed up /sdcard files as instructed). I wonder though how the decryption happened in the first place without the passphrase, it didn't ask for it in TWRP like it TWRP did in my old LG G3. Restoring resulted in a bootloop but that was because there seems to be a connection with system and data and you need to do this
You need to install the stock rom you were on before.

Follow these steps:

Go to TWRP-> Wipe-> Advanced Wipe-> Wipe system,cache data
Go to TWRP-> Install -> Flash STOCK ROM
Go to TWRP-> Install -> Flash Disable_DM-verity_ForceEncrypt.zip
Go to TWRP-> Restore-> Select backup-> ONLY RESTORE DATA (meaning you deselect BOOT and SYSTEM)

Reboot, and if you see the "powered by Android under the Mi Logo, it has worked.

Lastly, when you get into system, it may not work with the previous LOCKSCREEN code you had before.
If this is the case, go to TWRP-> Advanced -> File Manager -> and DELETE locksettings.db
Reboot, and it should let you in.
to be able to restore a data backup without a bootloop.

Note the last tip about lockscreen, it may work with the initial problem with the wrong passphrase, it may help someone and in fixing or bypassing the problem with the decryption in the 3.2.3.2 beta.

So the result was being able to go from initially an encrypted data partition to a decrypted one, a nice outcome, albeit a bit of time. After that with a decrypted data I simply installed 10.2.2 in TWRP then installed the disabler before booting into the OS to avoid being encrypted again. The problem with bootloop after flashing magisk remains and I have to flash stock 10.2.2 boot.img then disabler (to avoid encryption) but that's an issue I think not relevant here.

EDIT:
So... the problem with magisk bootloop was Xposed, I had the module installed and it's not compatible with MIUI at all, it bootloops. I uninstall it in TWRP with Magisk Manager for Recovery Mode (mm) and was able to boot correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: lalibm

Dhruvshelke588

Jan 20, 2017
I tried to flash this recovery via fastboot but it showed "requested download size is more than max allowed"
I have unlocked my bootloader and enabled usb debugging. Help

shakil002

Oct 10, 2013
Unable to format f2fs file system ....
Screenshot_2019-01-27-05-21-48.jpeg

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Dhruvshelke588

Jan 20, 2017

shakil002

Oct 10, 2013
Tried this says unknown command. I even tried switching ports continuously and at one point it shows sending recovery and nothing happens. Quick question: Does it require internet?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Did you mount system cache data etc?
No

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Joomsy

Oct 29, 2017
basementla.bz
So, what's the benefit of using this over PBPR? I see this seems to pay closer attention to niche features, but does the decrypt bug still exist, or are people just not wiping /data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project

WHAT IS TWRP?

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT?

This thread is about a serious TWRP development for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. By serious I mean a development which isn't using device tree which was just badly kanged from another device or it's a dirty port without any direct compilation from source. That means that issues like a low brightness, which is caused by a maintainer not being able to set the real maximum brightness which is supported by the device, aren't here.

FEATURES:
    • MTP support
    • USB OTG storage support
    • Hardware Qualcomm-based full-disk encryption support ( ext4 & f2fs )
    • ext4, f2fs, NTFS, fat file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
    • Covers more partitions for nandroid backup and the backup/restore of them really works!
    • Covers more partitions for image installation, including System, Vendor, Cust, Cache, Userdata, persist, persistbak, boot logo, modem firmware, and even Bluetooth firmware
    • ADB root
    • Always synced with signatures from Android platform, so you don't have to worry about the signature mismatch on MIUI incremental OTA installation
    • Full SELinux support
    • Support for Asian languages
    • Included logd/logcat support
    • Support for mounting USB storage - Mount -> Mount USB Storage in recovery menu.

ISSUE?

If you face any problem then just let me know and i will fix it asap. I'm not a magician to know everything, so if you won't report it then it's probably not gonna be fixed.

CHANGELOG

3.2.3.0, 18.1.2019
    - initial release

3.2.3.1, 19.1.2019
    - Fixed USB storage, from now on you can mount it
    by clicking on Mount -> Mount USB Storage in the recovery menu.

3.2.3.2, 21.1.2019
    - Imported selinux service contexts
    - Added ability to backup/restore system/vendor images
    - increased platform security values to override anti-rollback features to something rather insane
    - Added system vold decryption support, since a process of getting keystore to work
    on this device was a pure hell for me, but still this is in testing, just let me know if it works for you, but be careful and better backup your data before trying this...

3.3.0.1, 15.4.2019
    - Slightly modified screen offset, so you can now see clock in the statusbar.
    - Updated decryption blobs to pie, decryption should now work properly, after that there is also slightly improved vold decryption in case that default decryption fails
    - Updated kernel to Android 9.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

3.2.3.0, 18.1.2019
    Download

3.2.3.1, 19.1.2019
    Download

3.2.3.2, 21.1.2019 - warning: this is test build!
    Download

3.3.0.1, 15.4.2019
    Download

DECRYPTION Builds (ported builds without source)

3.2.3.0, 27.4.2019
    Changelog: Initial release
    Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro

Contributors
    ATG Droid

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.3.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-01-19

Created 2019-01-18
    Last Updated 2019-01-19
    This recovery does not support f2fs, unable to create/read f2fs partitions

Recovery supports it, but kernel which is used in the image doesn't. Actually i said in the second post that i used prebuilt kernel, so yeah, anyway you can just replace it manually by some image kitchen if you want. Or just wait until I replace it.

Hi ATG Droid,

Thanks again for your commitment with TWRP development.
    Do you have any news about decryption that wasn't working?
    Does 3.2.3.2 still in test only?
    I'm waiting a stable version to install on my RN6.

Note: I hope you apply for official version. Our RN6 deserves this trust code stamp.

Regards,

I needed to build some AOSP based custom ROM to use for now, since I use this device as a daily driver and I'm not a fan of MIUI to be honest. So at this point I'm decrypted, but probably I will again restore my MIUI backup and look at it during this weekend. So some another update can be expected soon.

Do i need to flash "Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disablers " only once after TWRP install, or each time after i flash a ROM? (or only after MIUI ROM flashing?) i don't get it...
    and don't want to Brick... :)

Every time the fstab in boot image or /system partition include the dm-verity or forced encryption flags. Better google something about it, google also got a whole documentation related to the android's verified boot. Anyway, simply said you should just flash it after every MIUI's update or directly once you flash TWRP. Because custom ROMs shouldn't include these fstab flags.
    Ayyy, new update is out. :)

Changelog:

- Imported selinux service contexts
    - Added ability to backup/restore system/vendor images
    - increased platform security values to override anti-rollback features to something rather insane
    - Added system vold decryption support, since a process of getting keystore to work
    on this device was a pure hell for me, but still this is in testing, just let me know if it works for you, but be careful and better backup your data before trying this...

Download link:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603905629
    I'm also having trouble decrypting the date, no password is correct.

Decryption is always the most complicated thing to fix on every device. Anyway, I already encrypted my device and I'm trying to fix it, it will just take some time...
    You said this is about serious development but why hasn't there been any updates??

Because i got my personal life too. This is just one of the many side projects...