[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.5.0.0 - r#3

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Hey, I bring to you, TeamWin Recovery Project or commonly known as TWRP for your N5100, N5110 and N5120. Giving your device the ability to flash your favourite custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods in the future. Thankyou to 'xperiacle' and 'GSLEON3' for giving me the stock recoveries and kernels for N51XX and Teamwin for creating this recovery. Flash with Odin or via a already installed custom recovery.

Works perfectly now. OP will only be updated with stable releases, everything else will be floating around the thread.
I have provided the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back.

Downloads:
  • N5100 / N5110
Release #3: ODIN | ZIP
Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/tHx

• N5120
Release #3: ODIN
Stock Recovery: Soon enough

Changelog:
Code:
[I][U]Release #3[/U][/I]
Updated to TWRP 2.6 (re) [cant call it 2.6 as its not complete by its devs yet]
Cache wipe fixed
N5120 support
Backup compression fixed
Code:
[I][U]Release #2[/U][/I]
Updated to TWRP 2.6
Fixed partition names
Attempt to fix compression

[I][U]Release #1[/U][/I]
Fixed external sdcard
Added modem and efs backup
Removed touch event logging
1st stable release

[COLOR="Red"]<-- Experimentals -->[/COLOR]
[I][U]Experimental #7[/U][/I]
swap X/Y axis
flip Y axis
revert gerrit code review (teamwin-600)

[I][U]Experimental #6[/U][/I]
flipped X axis mapping
flipped Y axis mapping

[I][U]Experimental #5[/U][/I]
Boot fix for devices with install-recovery.sh still present in system

[I][U]Experimental #4[/U][/I]
Touch issues addressed (fail)

[I][U]Experimental #3[/U][/I]
Boot fix (again)
touch issue fix implemented from #2 (failed)

[I][U]Experimental #2[/U][/I]
Touch issues fixed (attempt)

[I][U]Experimental #1[/U][/I]
(info: no longer preview release (public))
display issue fixed

Last edited:

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
Downloaded and flashed the newest TWRP. Visually it is perfect but the touch did not work properly. I succeeded in wiping my Note data by mistake due to the touch problems. Some of the targets work but some are mixed up. Sorry I can't get you a logcat. Thanks for getting us where we are though. I feel we are almost there. If someone with better adb skills can try it and get you more info think we will all appreciate it. As an aside I did get CWM EX#3 installed, I had a bad download the first time and that is why I didn't get a recovery img. I much prefer the TWRP if we can get the final bugs out.

Reactions: emwno

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Sorry about your rom wipe. but thanks for reporting, ill take a look into the touch issues.
for recovery.log, if you'd want to, download the SDK (google it), if on windows then extract the zip and open up tools, then hold shift and right click and hit open terminal window here (may ahve a different title). then connect device to laptop and do this in the cmd window that opened up: adb pull /tmp/recovery.log . Thats about it, you can find the recovery.log in the folder where you extracted sdk/tools

Last edited:
Reactions: sefrcoko

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Sorry about your rom wipe. but thanks for reporting, ill take a look into the touch issues.
for recovery.log, if you'd want to, download the SDK (google it), if on windows then extract the zip and open up tools, then hold shift and right click and hit open terminal window here (may ahve a different title). then connect device to laptop and do this in the cmd window that opened up: adb pull /tmp/recovery.log . Thats about it, you can find the recovery.log in the folder where you extracted sdk/tools
good job :) may i ask if you have the partition table for the 5110 and the 5100? i posted in general the instructions on how to get it but no one has replied lol working on a little something for everyone, also the note10.1 currently has the same bugs as he was describing above with twrp

Reactions: ktmman

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
Emwno, your work on the CWM got everything started and resulted in a working CWM Recovery. I hope you continue to try to get the TWRP working since it has many fans. I set up my Note again and made a nandroid with the Ex#4 CWM which appears to be working well.
I believe I speak for many of us who thank you for your efforts.

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
good job :) may i ask if you have the partition table for the 5110 and the 5100? i posted in general the instructions on how to get it but no one has replied lol working on a little something for everyone, also the note10.1 currently has the same bugs as he was describing above with twrp
looks like you got your answer.

Emwno, your work on the CWM got everything started and resulted in a working CWM Recovery. I hope you continue to try to get the TWRP working since it has many fans. I set up my Note again and made a nandroid with the Ex#4 CWM which appears to be working well.
I believe I speak for many of us who thank you for your efforts.
I dont really understand why those touch input issues occur. But yeah now that the n51xx has a wokring recovery. onto cm10.1

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your hard work, glad to see progress being made.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
EDIT: Nevermind what i said previously. What i need you people to do is:
1. Take a look at the TWRP layout (Dont touch anything yet)
2. Now try tapping on the 'Install' icon and tell me which menu you end up in
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Finally try tapping the icon of the menu, where you were taken instead of 'Install'
5. Check if you now ended up in the 'Install' menu

Last edited:

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
So, found a way to get twrp to work, credits to dees_troy for pointing me in the right direction. Anyways for this to be done, ill be needing the device in hand (100/400) or a full time tester. So if your willing, take your pick

Reactions: micger21

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Uploading the New version of TWRP. Universal for 5110 and 5100 (excluded specifics). Try flashing that and let me know if touch works.
EDIT: new version online! test and report.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrior1975

ktmman

May 7, 2010
Childers
Uploading the New version of TWRP. Universal for 5110 and 5100 (excluded specifics). Try flashing that and let me know if touch works.
EDIT: new version online! test and report.
Sorry emwno,does not boot into recovery,stays stuck on the Samsung Note 8 screen so i flashed cwm recovery back on.

Reactions: emwno

Techlyfe

Aug 20, 2011
Jersey City, NJ
I Think for MY Gtab 2 7". Someone had us Touch Several Specific Points In some sort of Diag area of TWRP to get mappIng data. And then took our output and fixed Accordingly. I'll see f i can dig up the Post.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda premium

Reactions: ktmman and emwno