[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.5 - i9500 Ex#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Hello again, I bring to you, TeamWin Recovery Project or commonly known as TWRP (2.5) for your beloved i9500 (S4). I decided to build this as a number of users (including myself) are not much fans of CWM. This gives you the ability to flash your favourite custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods. I have pushed the TWRP Device Tree to my Github, for all of you curious people. Flash recovery via Odin

Do note, this has not been tested by me and is still experimental. I hold no responsibility
for any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

Put a scare in you didn't I?
I have provided the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:
TWRP (2.5) Experimental #1: http://d-h.st/AvK
Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/1OW

Changelog:
Code:
[I][U]Experimental #1[/U][/I]
Public release

Last edited:

hello_dbm

Sep 8, 2010
Gurgaon
Yes it does boot into twrp, but then the screen freezes and touch screen does not respond...finally flashed cwm and its working like a charm

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jokies

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Yes it does boot into twrp, but then the screen freezes and touch screen does not respond...finally flashed cwm and its working like a charm

Could you do this? After booting into twrp. (without rebooting into rom)
Code:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

naeib2000

Aug 24, 2010
Charlotte NC
forever ever ever???

Is twrp ever coming to our model 9500? Or cm10.1 or anything for that matter there's so much more development for 9505 that I feel like I bought the wrong (more powerful) phone? ?? :confused:

xtacy1

Mar 29, 2011
Unless I read wrong, doesn't OP say TWRP 2.5 - i9500????

I wish people eould read before posting... Sigh. ..:(:(:(

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

If you also read further you will notice that it is not currently fully working that the reason for the question on getting it to work on the i9500

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sweety1

jokies

Aug 13, 2008
Hello again, I bring to you, TeamWin Recovery Project or commonly known as TWRP (2.5) for your beloved i9500 (S4). I decided to build this as a number of users (including myself) are not much fans of CWM. This gives you the ability to flash your favourite custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods. I have pushed the TWRP Device Tree to my Github, for all of you curious people. Flash recovery via Odin

Do note, this has not been tested by me and is still experimental. I hold no responsibility
for any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

I have provided the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:

Changelog:
Code:
Public release

Tested on my i9500(4+4 cores), not responding to touch commands as well.

ficeto

Sep 28, 2007
Code:
Starting TWRP 2.5.0.0 on Mon Jun 24 21:49:47 2013
BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true
I:Internal path defined: '/data/media'
I:External path defined: '/external_sdcard'
I:Mount: Unable to find partition for path '/data'
SP1_NAME := efs
SP2_NAME := modem
RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
I:Lun file '/sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file' does not exist, USB storage mode disabled
TW_INCLUDE_CRYPTO := true
I:TW_BRIGHTNESS_PATH := /sys/class/backlight/panel/brightness
Starting the UI...Pixel format: 1080x1920 @ 16bpp
Pixel format: BGR_565
failed to put fb0 info: Invalid argument
Unable to get framebuffer.
: Invalid argument

black screen

body150165

Feb 16, 2012
Bangkok
I think it depends on the sources. Obviously, it was not as easy as expected to port TWRP to the i9500.
As users reported that it doesnt work, there seem to be no progress. I say "seem" as I dont know who is working on that without letting us know (which I understand).

Unfortunately, I have to wait for TWRP as I dont want to use CWM. Just like TWRP too much.

I hope that some dev will be successful.

I guess we have to be patient.

But the participation in this thread also raises the question if there are many people waiting for TWRP as they can use CWM recovery already.

If it is just a for handful of users, I can understand a dev who is not willing to invest this time.

Samer Diab

Sep 4, 2012
Beyrouth
I think it depends on the sources. Obviously, it was not as easy as expected to port TWRP to the i9500.
As users reported that it doesnt work, there seem to be no progress. I say "seem" as I dont know who is working on that without letting us know (which I understand).

Unfortunately, I have to wait for TWRP as I dont want to use CWM. Just like TWRP too much.

But the participation in this thread also raises the question if there are many people waiting for TWRP as they can use CWM recovery already.

If it is just a for handful of users, I can understand a dev who is not willing to invest this time.

DeesTroy and i have been working on one and we got working :D YESTERDAY AT EXACTLY 4:00 am he is just finalizing it before publishing so expect it today or tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Downloads:

Changelog:
    Code:
    Public release

DeesTroy and i have been working on one and we got working :D YESTERDAY AT EXACTLY 4:00 am he is just finalizing it before publishing so expect it today or tomorrow :D
    I read that clearly .... I guess I misunderstood the question then... my apologies!

Unless I read wrong, doesn't OP say TWRP 2.5 - i9500????

I wish people eould read before posting... Sigh. ..:(:(:(

If you also read further you will notice that it is not currently fully working that the reason for the question on getting it to work on the i9500

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2