• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.0.0 touch recovery

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognize
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Team Win Recovery Project 2.6, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Installation:
Unlock bootloader at http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
Make sure fastboot is unchecked in power options and turn phone completely off
Boot into HBOOT then Fastboot
From fastboot. Use command "fastboot erase cache"
From fastboot. Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Downloads:
Link - http://goo.im/devs/Flyhalf205/DLX/Recovery//openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.0-dlxpul.img

Last edited:

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Thanks for getting this out bro. I'll have my butterfly s, unlocked white version tomorrow, or the day after. So glad twrp is an option. Easily the best recovery. :)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 4

yoongkw

Sep 22, 2010
singapore
Thank you for the TWRP with other device, but new to HTC butterfly S.

Encounter some problem with data.ext.win and the win000 file with special permission Set UID and Set CID, which not allow me to copy those files to my PC. Even the TWRP file manger cannot to copy to external_sd card.

Also, does not allow me to backup to external_sd.

Please advise if i did something wrong.

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Thank you for the TWRP with other device, but new to HTC butterfly S.

Encounter some problem with data.ext.win and the win000 file with special permission Set UID and Set CID, which not allow me to copy those files to my PC. Even the TWRP file manger cannot to copy to external_sd card.

Also, does not allow me to backup to external_sd.

Please advise if i did something wrong.
You'll have to change the permission of the folder...
For example:
adb shell
su
chmod -R 777 /data/media/0/TWRP
exit

Then should allow you to copy it.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Hey fly, im having issues bro. When i reboot to recovery......the curtain screen just sits there, rather than going away, and allowing recovery, it just freezes. Ive gotten it to work by touching the bottom of the screen, by the capacitive buttons. But it only works once in a while.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk 4

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Hey fly, im having issues bro. When i reboot to recovery......the curtain screen just sits there, rather than going away, and allowing recovery, it just freezes. Ive gotten it to work by touching the bottom of the screen, by the capacitive buttons. But it only works once in a while.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk 4
I got to do some new recovery building for the Rezound tonight. I'll add you guys to my list. Going to add some custom graphics to this to see if that can fix it.

Reactions: zounduser

jkvndst

Oct 7, 2010
thank you for your work. appreciated. and sorry i am not good in english.

i have 2 butterfly s, and i follow all the step flashing twrp, one of my device work perfectly, but another totally different.
the problem is whenever the device is off, plug in charging the screen will show purple twrp screen, is it anything wrong with it?
Thanks

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
been using TWRP for a couple of weeks and the only issue i've had is not being able to backup the Cache. other than that, it's been working fine; this includes backups and restores.

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com