[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 Touch Recovery [2014-02-02]

Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

What's new in 2.6.3.0:

• Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
  • Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
  • Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
  • Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
  • A few other fixes and tweaks

What's new in 2.6.1.0:

• Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
  • Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
  • Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
  • Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
  • Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
  • Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
  • Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
  • Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

Downloadhttp://androidfil.es/qH1

Last edited:

theodorius123

Aug 26, 2010
wooooow. you are my hero!

recovery is working!

flashed SuperSU and now rebooting for latest binaries...this is not working automatically for me - recovery is open - but nothing happens...

theodorius123

Aug 26, 2010
hmm what do you mean?

when closing TWRP for the first time it asks if I want to flash SuperSU - I said "yes".

after rebooting and opening SuperSU for the first time it sais the binaries needs to be updated. I choosed "TWRP/CWM" to do this. (the "normal" way is not working).
SuperSU now says, that it will reboot into recovery to update the binaries - but nothing happens back in TWRP.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

ok, I downloaded the latest SuperSU.zip and flashed it manually. now its working!!!

"Adfree has been granted superuser permission..."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Zarboz

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
when closing TWRP for the first time it asks if I want to flash SuperSU - I said "yes".

after rebooting and opening SuperSU for the first time it sais the binaries needs to be updated. I choosed "TWRP/CWM" to do this. (the "normal" way is not working).
SuperSU now says, that it will reboot into recovery to update the binaries - but nothing happens back in TWRP.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

ok, I downloaded the latest SuperSU.zip and flashed it manually. now its working!!!

Glad you got it figured

konsolen

Jan 28, 2012
Vienna
root

Thx, works fine. How to install busybox? xbin or bin? I mount all partitions as rw, but installer not worked.so i will install binary with explorer.

scutworker

Jan 5, 2010
I'm pretty sure you can't write to system because of the kernel. The only time you can write to system is in recovery.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Maybe I've misunderstood this, but I thought the HTC dev unlock allowed writing to the system partition. Is this not possible yet? (When the ROM is running that is: I have several apps that need to do this)

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Maybe I've misunderstood this, but I thought the HTC dev unlock allowed writing to the system partition. Is this not possible yet? (When the ROM is running that is: I have several apps that need to do this)

No, there is code in the kernel that disables writing to system partition while booted. As soon as kernel source drops this will be the first thing I fix

Benski_84

Dec 22, 2012
Berlin

[/COLOR]ok, I downloaded the latest SuperSU.zip and flashed it manually. now its working!!!

Hi,
can you tell me please, which SuperSU.zip did you install?
i found two different :confused:

--> Superuser v3.1.3 Final & SuperSU V0.93 latest Flashable Zip.

and

--> SuperSU v1.51

or is it a completely other one?
thanks for your help.

regards
Benski

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Reactions: Benski_84

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
No, there is code in the kernel that disables writing to system partition while booted. As soon as kernel source drops this will be the first thing I fix

Yep....CONFIG_MMC_HAS_WP_VIOLATION or something to that effect is enabled on all htc kernels...we need kernel sauce to set that to off.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

What's new in 2.6.3.0:

• Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    • Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    • Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    • Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    • A few other fixes and tweaks

What's new in 2.6.1.0:

• Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    • Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    • Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    • Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    • Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    • Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    • Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    • Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

Downloadhttp://androidfil.es/qH1
    Welcome ;-p glad I could help with temp root

Sent from my SCH-R970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I have a vodaphone dump

Sent from my SCH-R970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

containing boot.img?

EDIT: too late ;) got a boot.img from jmz and its working.

...WiFi...olé...!!!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone