[RECOVERY]TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery w/ working AROMA touch[10-14-2013]

Search This thread

nickdollahz

Jun 13, 2008
Glastonbury
So here is the latest version of TWRP with AROMA touch working.
It is no longer based off of emwno repos so I think it is worthy of a new thread. Also aroma touch is now working after some kernel modifications.

Changelog:
What's new in 2.6.3.0:

Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
A few other fixes and tweaks
What's new in 2.6.1.0:

Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks
What's new in 2.6.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, some of the changes in 2.6.0.0 will likely not be visible with your custom theme.

Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
Updated exFAT to latest commits
Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
Update SuperSU binary
Fixed saving of backup partitions list
Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Download:

N5100: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880936414
N5110: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23156208500211927
Now go touch all over those roms those roms! :)

Well here is a aroma demo zip to play around with until ROM Chefs utilize aroma touch.

Credit:
@sbrissen for original port of CM10.1/10.2 to n5110.
@Maui for original port of CM10.1 to n5100.
@Dees_Troy & TEAMWIN for making TWRP

Donations:
Kraszimir Sziderov - $.$$

Last edited:

nickdollahz

Jun 13, 2008
Glastonbury
AFAIK, it should be working 100%.

N5110 now have a separate build.
The assert issue is because I build from n5100 device tree which has. "TARGET_OTA_ASSERT_DEVICE := kona3gxx,n5100,GT-N5100,kona3g"

so rom like sbrissen CM10.2 for N5110 has this lines:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "konawifixx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "konawifixx" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "n5110" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "n5110" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-N5110" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-N5110" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "konawifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "konawifi");

that assert will fail. so you can remove that line and it will flash until I build for N5110.

Last edited:
Reactions: sefrcoko

potvir

Jul 28, 2008
Kyiv
Thanks for the good work!
There is still no 'Mount USB Storage' button in the 'Mount Menu' :(
AROMA touch working fine (n5100)!

Last edited:

nickdollahz

Jun 13, 2008
Glastonbury
That is because it doesn't work. It is a TWRP problem outlined here: http://teamw.in/DataMedia

There is a way to get the phone in UMS mode in android though so might be doable in recovery. Even so we will only get the external sd card part. Wont be able to mount the internal storage.

Last edited:

Melamunna

Nov 29, 2012
EDIT- Something funky was happening (buttons wouldn't work; I'd touch on one side of the screen and would hit a button apparently)after installing this, so I flashed back to the previous version.

Last edited:

nickdollahz

Jun 13, 2008
Glastonbury
On which version? Looks like the n5110 version. Yeah I have no way to test it for that device. I'll see what I can do.

Found Issue with n5110 version. Forgot to fix touch drivers. in that build. Fixing it now and will reupload in the next hour. Thanks for reporting

New build for n5110 http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23156208500211927.

Last edited:

Melamunna

Nov 29, 2012
Reactions: nickdollahz

simo.scorpion

Sep 24, 2012
Italy
THX i flash the N5110 version and the touch is very responsive also in aroma but in aroma there is some problem to scroll up and down

Fobz

Aug 8, 2012
Not really a request, but would there be one for 5120?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

nickdollahz

Jun 13, 2008
Glastonbury
n5120 has different mount points and I dont have the device in question so I would not be able to test it at all. So most likely wont be seeing one of those soon until there is a developer with that device.

As far as updating, I think I'm gonna wait till there is a major release unless I get some spare time. Working with sbrissen to get the CM n5100 and n5110 trees combined and submitted to Cyanogenmod.

Muffycheeks

May 3, 2011
n5120 has different mount points and I dont have the device in question so I would not be able to test it at all. So most likely wont be seeing one of those soon until there is a developer with that device.

As far as updating, I think I'm gonna wait till there is a major release unless I get some spare time. Working with sbrissen to get the CM n5100 and n5110 trees combined and submitted to Cyanogenmod.

Working on CM rom.....YES!!!!!:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here is the latest version of TWRP with AROMA touch working.
    It is no longer based off of emwno repos so I think it is worthy of a new thread. Also aroma touch is now working after some kernel modifications.

Changelog:
    What's new in 2.6.3.0:

Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    A few other fixes and tweaks
    What's new in 2.6.1.0:

Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks
    What's new in 2.6.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, some of the changes in 2.6.0.0 will likely not be visible with your custom theme.

Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    Updated exFAT to latest commits
    Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    Update SuperSU binary
    Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Download:

N5100: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880936414
    N5110: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23156208500211927
    Now go touch all over those roms those roms! :)

Well here is a aroma demo zip to play around with until ROM Chefs utilize aroma touch.

Credit:
    @sbrissen for original port of CM10.1/10.2 to n5110.
    @Maui for original port of CM10.1 to n5100.
    @Dees_Troy & TEAMWIN for making TWRP

Donations:
    Kraszimir Sziderov - $.$$
    On which version? Looks like the n5110 version. Yeah I have no way to test it for that device. I'll see what I can do.

Found Issue with n5110 version. Forgot to fix touch drivers. in that build. Fixing it now and will reupload in the next hour. Thanks for reporting

New build for n5110 http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23156208500211927.
    AFAIK, it should be working 100%.

N5110 now have a separate build.
    The assert issue is because I build from n5100 device tree which has. "TARGET_OTA_ASSERT_DEVICE := kona3gxx,n5100,GT-N5100,kona3g"

so rom like sbrissen CM10.2 for N5110 has this lines:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "konawifixx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "konawifixx" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "n5110" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "n5110" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-N5110" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-N5110" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "konawifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "konawifi");

that assert will fail. so you can remove that line and it will flash until I build for N5110.
    That is because it doesn't work. It is a TWRP problem outlined here: http://teamw.in/DataMedia

There is a way to get the phone in UMS mode in android though so might be doable in recovery. Even so we will only get the external sd card part. Wont be able to mount the internal storage.
    Alright N5110 build is up. Cant test it because I don't have the device but should be good to go.