[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.1.0 touch recovery [2014-7-4] BigPart F2FS support

Search This thread

hawkstorm

Nov 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, Just curious, how would the TWRP update affect my XOOM if I'm updating from 2.6.3.0? I read the OP, but don't understand what is meant by destructive build.

unonice

Apr 15, 2011
Dirtysouth@GA
@hawkstorm.. I don't know, because I didn't bother to switch.. I'm still running TWRP 2.6.3.0 and Cyanogenmod 11.0 nightly Rom..
But I think I am going to try and switch to Cyanogenmod 10.0, (it's Jellybean tho', not Kitkat like Cyanogenmod 11.0) for more stability.. Not sure how to do that yet, I'm still learning how to do things..
Just want to see which I prefer.. If I switch TWRP to 2.7.1.0, I'll let you know what I experience and good and bad.. Sorry couldn't be of more help to you

Reactions: hawkstorm

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Hi, Just curious, how would the TWRP update affect my XOOM if I'm updating from 2.6.3.0? I read the OP, but don't understand what is meant by destructive build.

for your day to day, the upgrade won't change anything. the destructive part was for re-formating of partitions.

biggest thing (imo) is F2FS support and there aren't any Xoom kernels that support this file system . . . yet

Reactions: hawkstorm

unonice

Apr 15, 2011
Dirtysouth@GA
@drewski_1... Ok so your basically saying that there is no need or reason to upgrade to TWRP 2.7.1.0, because there is no support for Motorola Xoom? It's not completely compatible? Could cause issues? Is this correct? Or am I misunderstanding your post..? Please Respond. ( I'm rooted Xoom WiFi Z604,Wingray, running TWRP 2.6.3.0, Cyanogenmod 11.0 Nightly Kitkat 4.4.4

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
@drewski_1... Ok so your basically saying that there is no need or reason to upgrade to TWRP 2.7.1.0, because there is no support for Motorola Xoom? It's not completely compatible? Could cause issues? Is this correct? Or am I misunderstanding your post..? Please Respond. ( I'm rooted Xoom WiFi Z604,Wingray, running TWRP 2.6.3.0, Cyanogenmod 11.0 Nightly Kitkat 4.4.4

There's no compatibility issues. 2.7.1.0 will work fine with current ROMs, and I'm using it with EOS 4.4.4 builds now.

There's just no ROM's / Kernels that take advantage of the F2FS capabilities of the new recovery.

Reactions: RacerX780

unonice

Apr 15, 2011
Dirtysouth@GA
@drewski_1.. This post I read, is the reason I asked questions about upgrading to TWRP 2.7.1.0 : (

I just finished doing the upgrade to BigPart and I had the same issue. I used the latest recovery 2.7.1.0 with support for f2fs and it formatted cache as f2fs instead of ext4. I went into the wipe menu, advanced wipe , select cache, repair or change file system. If the current file system is f2fs, click change file system and select ext4. Once I did that I was able to use cache as normal.

That's what worked for me and now I have CM11 running nicely. Hope this helps! )

OK see why I am concerned about it now?.. But I guess worst case scenario is I can do ADB with my PC and put TWRP 2.6.3.0 Big Part on my Xoom and start all over again.... Thanks for your response.. Maybe I'll update later this week or something.. We shall see.. ( if and when I decide to update TWRP, and if I have any issues or questions, I'll give you a shout )

tnfsmith

Jul 9, 2010
LongXuyen
lequocthai.com
@drewski_1.. This post I read, is the reason I asked questions about upgrading to TWRP 2.7.1.0 : (

I just finished doing the upgrade to BigPart and I had the same issue. I used the latest recovery 2.7.1.0 with support for f2fs and it formatted cache as f2fs instead of ext4. I went into the wipe menu, advanced wipe , select cache, repair or change file system. If the current file system is f2fs, click change file system and select ext4. Once I did that I was able to use cache as normal.

That's what worked for me and now I have CM11 running nicely. Hope this helps! )

OK see why I am concerned about it now?.. But I guess worst case scenario is I can do ADB with my PC and put TWRP 2.6.3.0 Big Part on my Xoom and start all over again.... Thanks for your response.. Maybe I'll update later this week or something.. We shall see.. ( if and when I decide to update TWRP, and if I have any issues or questions, I'll give you a shout )
Confirmed this issued to upgrade to 4.4.4 from 4.2.x version meaning Bigpart repartition using 2.7.1 recovery tool here. Cache does not formated ext4 like it should. In my case try to posts here for help but no hope, accidentally I find the post clue that Bigpart support ext4 and finded how to convert to. Finished as you see here I am replying with EOS 4.4.4 and 2.7.1 too. Nothings difficult but no knowledge much dangerous than. Thanks

Sent from Tapatalk MZ601 - TeamEOS 4.4.4 Kitkat nightlies

Reactions: unonice

unonice

Apr 15, 2011
Dirtysouth@GA
I'm still using TWRP 2.6.3.0 R.A.H BIGPART.. haven't updated yet, because I saw this post from another user and decided to repost it for others to comment and see they're experience with TWRP 2.7.1.0 update.. Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge.. I'll probably just stick with TWRP 2.6.3.0 for now, until I find out more information, or until it's necessary to upgrade .

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I'm still using TWRP 2.6.3.0 R.A.H BIGPART.. haven't updated yet, because I saw this post from another user and decided to repost it for others to comment and see they're experience with TWRP 2.7.1.0 update.. Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge.. I'll probably just stick with TWRP 2.6.3.0 for now, until I find out more information, or until it's necessary to upgrade .

good to know the 2.7.1.0 recovery defaults cache to F2FS during the BigPart process.

i was already BigPart'd (and, iirc, 4.4) when i upgraded the recovery to 2.7.1.0. i've wiped the cache many times with no issues . . . yet <knocks wood>

Reactions: unonice

unonice

Apr 15, 2011
Dirtysouth@GA
OK, I updated TWRP, from 2.6.3.0 to 2.7.1.0.. Successful.. To avoid any issues, I redid BigPart Repartition using TWRP 2.6.3.0, then reboot into recovery flashed 2.7.1.0, then reboot into recovery, then did process... (finished following instructions).. ?????..

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Op indicates that 2.7.x has been pulled. R'nH may be updating the recovery.

iirc, it was pulled to reduce user confusion / support questions, since RaH isn't actively developing this project anymore.

Specifically, there was an issue with partitions defaulting to F2FS, which, while supported in TWRP, was (is?) not supported in any current ROMs / Kernels.

Reactions: Paprika88

stephaned

Oct 15, 2012
gapps install zip problem from twrp

After TWRP BigPart and CM11 install, I seem to have an issue installing GAPPS in the recovery... giving me an error "Error executing updater binary in zip".
Any idea where that could come from? (it feels like it comes from the recovery as the GAPPS zip file is fine)
Tks for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

ChangeLogs

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:

What's new in 2.6.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, some of the changes in 2.6.0.0 will likely not be visible with your custom theme.
    Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    Updated exFAT to latest commits
    Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    Update SuperSU binary
    Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

CHANGELOG for 2.5.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.5.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not be compatible with the new changes!

-Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
    -Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
    -Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC One m7, HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
    -Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups (backups usually restored with no app data)
    -Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
    -Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
    -Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
    -Fixed handling of subpartitions
    -Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
    -Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations

CHANGELOG for 2.4.1.0:

Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB
    Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)
    Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting
    Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)

CHANGELOG for 2.4.0.0:

Using libtar instead of busybox's tar for better control over tar file creation and breaking the 2GB barrier that busybox imposes (thanks to bigbiff)
    Support for exFAT formatted sdcards (also thanks to bigbiff)
    Support for decrypting Samsung TouchWiz encrypted devices including internal and external storage (special thanks to a3955269 for figuring it out)
    Improvements to OpenRecoveryScript including displaying a proper GUI while the script is running
    Added wipe cache and dalvik after ADB Sideload
    Replaced many system calls with their native C counterparts
    Fixed bugs in file manager where it would display an empty list after moving or deleting a folder
    Fixed AOSP recovery commands to run after decryption on encrypted devices
    Improvements for building TWRP in CM10.1
    Other minor bugfixes and improvements

CHANGELOG for 2.3.3.0:
    -Fix renaming backups with a space in the name
    -Add decrypt button to mount page if you cancel decryption during startup
    -Added ignore blkid flag
    -Fixed handling of MTD partitions during mount
    -Fixed some keyboard mapping issues on 800x1280 layout
    [/hide]
    This is an unofficial port of TWRP by ME (runandhide05)

Standard disclaimers
    blablabla im not responsible for anything.

Download Links

2.7x pulled

*NOTE THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE MOST UP TO DATE RECOVERY, IF YOU ARE PLANING ON FLASHING A 4.2 BASED ROM YOU SHOULD UPDATE TO THE LATEST BEFORE FLASHING ROM.*

R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3.zip
    zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934538765
    img
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934538766
    all in one
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934538767

R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.1.zip
    Install_Scripts_R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.1.zip - 11.70 MB
    R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.1.img - 5.70 MB
    R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.1.zip - 5.79 MB

Installation Options

Installation instructions (option 1)

Download zip file from link below
    Place zip on Micro SDcard
    Reboot into existing recovery
    Flash TWRP2.2.0_R.A.H.v0.0.X.zip

Installation instructions (option 2)
    download recovery.img
    place tablet in to FastBoot
    Flash Recovery with
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery name-of-recoveryimage.img

Installation instructions (option 3)

Download zip file, extract zip to anywhere, choose the Operating system
    linux or windows folder,
    For windows:
    Simply click the RUNME.bat
    For Linux:
    Make adb and fastboot files included in the linux folder executable
    Make script executable.
    click RUNME.sh

Installation instructions (option 4)

download through goomanager app
    GooManager

I am proud to announce that today twrp recovery is now officially available through goomanager app.
    These are the Stock (non-EOS themed)
    Thank you Dees_Troy

Source: runandhide05's Github
    For more info on TWRP see the Team Page teamw.in
    Bug tracker bug tracker
    Updated to TWRP2.3.3.0
    updated to 2.4.1.0 change log in OP and went ahead and put the zip, img, and the all in one script in the OP

Enjoy
    OK here is a flash able zip its also in the OP
    TWRPv2.3.0.0.zip - 4.94 MB

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    New TWRP Themes - Moved to Xoom Themes and Apps Section

New TWRP THEME THREAD can be found HERE.
    I would like to keep Runandhide05 Thread uncluttered.

As Always, If This Was Helpful...Hit The Thanks.