[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.7.0 for Onda v919 Air CH DualOS

Search This thread

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
Actually the first working version of custom recovery for Onda v919 Air CH DualOS -> TWRP 2.8.7.0.
This is the port TWRP for Teclast x98Pro provided by user Dani Basabe on this resource, for which many thanks to him, honor and respect.
All basic functions are working: touch, install, wipe, backup and restore, OTG-function (can make a backup on a flash drive) & etc.
Only no vibration feedback. I suppose it's not the worst thing in life...
With the appear of TWRP can install different system mods, for example, audio. After taking a backup copy of the system, of course.
I have to say: xposed on this device doesn't run! After installation bootloop.
Installation:
Place twrp.img in the root of internal /sdcard and run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/by-name/android_recovery
(I described the usual and most simple way for me. With devices through adb-interface I'm working with Total Commander with the plugin. We can try to install TWRP through fastboot commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img)

To enter in TWRP after selecting "Android" in the main boot menu, hold down volume "-" before the advent of the service menu where the volume keys select "Recovery Mode" and press the power button.
Or you can use this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/root-how-to-root-access-tablet-onda-t3396299
Download

Last edited:

mismamente

May 27, 2007
Actually the first working version of custom recovery for Onda v919 Air CH DualOS -> TWRP 2.8.7.0.
This is the port TWRP for Teclast x98Pro provided by user Dani Basabe on this resource, for which many thanks to him, honor and respect.
All basic functions are working: touch, install, wipe, backup and restore, OTG-function (can make a backup on a flash drive) & etc.
With the appear of TWRP can install different system mods, for example, audio. After taking a backup copy of the system, of course.
Installation:
Place twrp.img in the root of internal /sdcard and run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
Code:
su
(I described the usual and most simple way for me. With devices through adb-interface I'm working with Total Commander with the plugin. We can try to install TWRP through fastboot commands:
adb reboot bootloader

To enter in TWRP after selecting "Android" in the main boot menu, hold down volume "-" before the advent of the service menu where the volume keys select "Recovery Mode" and press the power button.
Download
Thank you very much!
Please, try to do the mod to enable audio on latest firmware with old bios.

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
The difficulty is that I have sound. How do I determine whether sound on other devices? I have tried to use Viper-mod, but for some reason it stubbornly refuses to install the driver. You can try different audio mods from this forum, after making the system backup. Mods based on Viper most likely will not start, therefore it's necessary to try with another engine.
I currently run an interesting RemixOS: version 2.0 starts successfully, but no wifi and sound. While thinking about it, what libraries to take from stock firmware.

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
I have a cube tablet which has the same processor (intel bay trail), how did you port the twrp? I would like to do the same from my stock recovery (if you don't mind). Thanks. All I want is advice/tips... The recovery that I've ported just reboots when entered on recovery from Droidboot.

Last edited:

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
I have a cube tablet which has the same processor (intel bay trail) ... The recovery that I've ported just reboots when entered on recovery from Droidboot.
I can't say for sure how identical processors in terms of porting TWRP (Cherry Trail <=> Bay Trail). May need more significant changes to the original TWRP. General method for porting one: from stock recovery move to port kernel and recovery.fstab. Further it's necessary to look and compare other files. Unpack/pack images possible using Carliv Image Kitchen for Android. But in your place I would have found TWRP for a more suitable tablet. What is your model? Maybe I will prompt the object of porting.

Reactions: XDA_h3n

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
I can't say for sure how identical processors in terms of porting TWRP (Cherry Trail <=> Bay Trail). May need more significant changes to the original TWRP. General method for porting one: from stock recovery move to port kernel and recovery.fstab. Further it's necessary to look and compare other files. Unpack/pack images possible using Carliv Image Kitchen for Android. But in your place I would have found TWRP for a more suitable tablet. What is your model? Maybe I will prompt the object of porting.

Well, I've tried the method of replacing zimage and dtb images and the recovery.fstab, which was the image I created before. It just doesn't work. I would think it's something to do with an partition layout issue.

I've been using the Teclast X98 twrp, as their rom actually works on our tablet without any modifications needed other than a couple of framework changes with resolution as it causes issue with the system ui being bigger.

Anyhow, thanks for your help, I'll try to see what I can do from the tool you've provided, as I used to unpack and repack the images using another kitchen tool. It quite off-topic from this thread; thanks for you help. Here's my stock recovery if you do have free time.

Last edited:

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
Well, I've tried the method of replacing zimage and dtb images and the recovery.fstab, which was the image I created before. It just doesn't work. I would think it's something to do with an partition layout issue.
I'm pretty sure that your chances of success will increase significantly if you select TWRP for a more suitable machine. I suggest to try TWRP for Onda v820w, as most similar devices Cube iWork7: Bay Trail+Android 4.4.4 (see attachment; autor kostyamat@4pda). About dt.img: I can't tell you how to do when porting, but if you are compiling TWRP this point is taken into consideration when editing BoardConfig.mk. What concrete advice I can't give, my recovery/TWRP hasn't dt.img.
For example: I to run on Onda TWRP 3.0.2.0 for Cube iWork8 Ultimate did (unpacked Carliv Imagetool):
1. Replaced all: recovery.img-base, recovery.img-cmdline, recovery.img-kernel, recovery.img-kernel_offset, recovery.img-pagesize, recovery.img-ramdisk-compress, recovery.img-ramdisk_offset, recovery.img-tags_offset.
2. In folder 'ramdisk':
- etc/recovery.fstab -> edited blocks like me;
- replaced: file_contexts, selinux_version, service_contexts, default.prop;
- file names init.recovery.***.rc, ueventd.***.rc changed like me, contents are not changed.
It was enough for a successful launch. But there is a little roughness in it work, so don't share.
Successful porting!

Attachments

• twrp_onda_v820w.zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 329
Reactions: Howell and XDA_h3n

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
I'm pretty sure that your chances of success will increase significantly if you select TWRP for a more suitable machine. I suggest to try TWRP for Onda v820w, as most similar devices Cube iWork7: Bay Trail+Android 4.4.4 (see attachment; autor kostyamat@4pda). About dt.img: I can't tell you how to do when porting, but if you are compiling TWRP this point is taken into consideration when editing BoardConfig.mk. What concrete advice I can't give, my recovery/TWRP hasn't dt.img.
For example: I to run on Onda TWRP 3.0.2.0 for Cube iWork8 Ultimate did (unpacked Carliv Imagetool):
1. Replaced all: recovery.img-base, recovery.img-cmdline, recovery.img-kernel, recovery.img-kernel_offset, recovery.img-pagesize, recovery.img-ramdisk-compress, recovery.img-ramdisk_offset, recovery.img-tags_offset.
2. In folder 'ramdisk':
- file names init.recovery.***.rc, ueventd.***.rc changed like me, contents are not changed.
It was enough for a successful launch. But there is a little roughness in it work, so don't share.
Successful porting!

Thank you a lot for all of your help ;)

I've got it working on my tablet. I am very grateful for your help.

Recovery just doesn't mount the partitions correctly, but I'll be modifying the recovery.fstab until I'll find a way. Intel does the mount points like /dev/block/platform/intel/by-label/boot on stock recovery. I'll need to find the true location of all of the partitions, but it is fixable.

Again, I am very grateful :laugh:

Lol the original recovery.fstab from the port, has the same guid name on the partition blocks. That fixed it. Everything is mounting! Thanks.

Anybody with an Linx 7 or a Cube iWork 7 I'd posted in the linx forums and there is a tool that should do everything for you soon

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation:
    Code:
    su
    adb reboot bootloader

Or you can use this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/root-how-to-root-access-tablet-onda-t3396299
    Download
    2. In folder 'ramdisk':
    Successful porting!
    Thank you very much!
    Try Remix OS - boot 20160429, but system audio libraries other.
    I have a cube tablet which has the same processor (intel bay trail) ... The recovery that I've ported just reboots when entered on recovery from Droidboot.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone