[RECOVERY][TWRP 3.1.0-0] Alcatel Pop C2

Search This thread

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

gycSSYK.png
GxefTbp.png

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:

-Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
-Add Greek translation to some builds.

DOWNLOAD:
Click Me
NOTE: This recovery is to be installed ONLY on those devices with the Vodafone layout!!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for Alcatel Pop C2, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
kirito9
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_alcatel_Yaris_M_GSM

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.1.0-0
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-12

Created 2016-07-19
Last Updated 2017-03-12

Attachments

• recscreen_18_220033.png
    recscreen_18_220033.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 4,916
  • recscreen_18_220104.png
    recscreen_18_220104.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 4,839
  • recscreen_18_220124.png
    recscreen_18_220124.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 4,839
  • recscreen_18_220150.png
    recscreen_18_220150.png
    34 KB · Views: 4,833
Last edited:

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
Bugs

Only bug I've noticed so far is Vibration. Everything else is fine.

ADB does not work in the compressed version of TWRP 3.1.0-0.

If you've noticed any others, please copy the log from /cache/recovery/last_log and post here along with that issue you'e experiencing.

Last edited:
Reactions: LowTension

WTF?

Oct 13, 2011
USA
Would this work on Alcatel One Touch Allura (model 5056O) - is is a nice 5.5 inch screen phone from Walmart - It does allow the enabling of Developer Options by tapping on the Build Number several times, and the the OEM Bootloader unlock switch appears

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
Would this work on Alcatel One Touch Allura (model 5056O) - is is a nice 5.5 inch screen phone from Walmart - It does allow the enabling of Developer Options by tapping on the Build Number several times, and the the OEM Bootloader unlock switch appears

Nope, 5056 I believe would be something along the lines of the Pop 3 (5) (5.5). Running Lollipop right?

WTF?

Oct 13, 2011
USA
Ok, I may be able to port TWRP 2.8.x for you.
If it helps, here is what I did to my Alcatel One Touch Allura ($89 at Walmart) to get full SuperSU root which will likely make it much easier.

● Enable Developer mode with the 7 knocks on Build number and enable OEM unlock switch
● Use King Root to get root (King, not Kingo)
● Install SuperSU
● Use SuperSUme to wrest control of root away from King Root malware (it is a bit of a fight and requires multiple attempts)

Now with full root under SuperSU and no malware and bootloader unlock switch enabled, I am thinking that getting TWRP working on it should be very realistic :p

Last edited:

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
If it helps, here is what I did to my Alcatel One Touch Allura ($89 at Walmart) to get full SuperSU root which will likely make it much easier.

● Enable Developer mode with the 7 knocks on Build number and enable OEM unlock switch
● Use King Root to get root (King, not Kingo)
● Install SuperSU
● Use SuperSUme to wrest control of root away from King Root malware (it is a bit of a fight and requires multiple attempts)

Now with full root under SuperSU and no malware and bootloader unlock switch enabled, I am thinking that getting TWRP working on it should be very realistic :p

Ok, did you have to unlock the bootloader or can you unlock it?

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
The only unlocking I did was enabling developer mode and turning on the OEM bootloader unlock switch

so I am not certain it is unlocked

Ok, install the adb drivers. You can find it on XDA and then open the command window and type adb reboot bootloader. It should boot to fastboot mode and type fastboot oem unlock. But be warned unlocking your device will wipe the data (messages,pics on the internal etc).

WTF?

Oct 13, 2011
USA
Ok, install the adb drivers. You can find it on XDA and then open the command window and type adb reboot bootloader. It should boot to fastboot mode and type fastboot oem unlock. But be warned unlocking your device will wipe the data (messages,pics on the internal etc).

OK, give me a day or two, this phone has gotten its build.prop erased somehow, so it's bricked

will go get an identical one and get back with you

Reactions: kirito9

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
New version - TWRP 3.1.0-0

Changelog:

• vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
  • adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
  • tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
  • support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
  • support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
  • better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
  • improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
  • minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
  • try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
  • shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
  • timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
  • support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
  • boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
  • TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
  • support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
  • support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
  • update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
  • numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

Compressed version (under 6MB) - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862709731
md5- af5c73c3eb9af481ffc65966ce4196e6

Stock version (8.1MB) - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298938024
md5- f0b9f846b09884eee731736056adc27f

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziona

CharlieSummers

Mar 6, 2011

I am having a day; followed your instructions, had some problems, thought I fixed them, not-so-much. Same Allura (5056O), currently partially dead.

Not sure, though, if I should post here or somewhere else; couldn't find dedicated Allura forum, so would the issues attempting to remove KingRoot go here or elsewhere?

WTF?

Oct 13, 2011
USA
I did eventually root this phone using KingRoot and then I used this great app called Super Sume Pro ($3.99) to get rid of that damn KingRoot (which is like a virus!) - Best $3.99 I ever spent!

CharlieSummers

Mar 6, 2011
They don't sell SuperSuMe off-market, so I can't purchase. Anyway, I'm afraid I can't boot into Android, although I do have adb access (and root access in the shell). Clearly, I need a bit of help, but I don't think a long post about my problem should go in this thread.

Any idea where it should go? There's a tiny bit of panic going on here... ;)

Last edited:

KamiOh

Apr 13, 2011
HI.
It's been a long time.
I need help with this.
I've tried other twrp versions without result.
What does this mean?
"remote: partition 'recovery' not support flash"

Is it because it has bootloader activated?
I tried to know if the cell phone has a bootloader, but the commands to know it do not work,
so I guess it does not have to be an old cell phone.

TRWP is for alcatel POP C2 4032D. (TWRP for Yaris_M_GSM)
I have POP C2 4032E, is that why the error?
Sin-t-tulo.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

gycSSYK.png
    GxefTbp.png

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:

-Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    -Add Greek translation to some builds.

DOWNLOAD:
    Click Me
    NOTE: This recovery is to be installed ONLY on those devices with the Vodafone layout!!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for Alcatel Pop C2, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    kirito9
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_alcatel_Yaris_M_GSM

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.1.0-0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-03-12

Created 2016-07-19
    Last Updated 2017-03-12
    New TWRP Build (9/11/2016)

I've managed to get the kernel sources for my device and used xz compression to make TWRP 3.x fit on this 6MB recovery partition :D:D.

Download : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=312978532265371340

Enjoy!!
    Bugs

Only bug I've noticed so far is Vibration. Everything else is fine.

ADB does not work in the compressed version of TWRP 3.1.0-0.

If you've noticed any others, please copy the log from /cache/recovery/last_log and post here along with that issue you'e experiencing.

OK, give me a day or two, this phone has gotten its build.prop erased somehow, so it's bricked

will go get an identical one and get back with you