• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][TWRP 3.1.0-1] Galaxy Tab A SM-T350/355/357/550/555 SM-P350/355/550/555

Search This thread

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
@lpedia, I found this excellent article describing how the boot process works on the Snapdragon 410 and all it's partitions.

Attachments

• 410-bootloader-sequence.png
    410-bootloader-sequence.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: lpedia
anyone know for TWRP 3.4.0-0 gt510lte
Hey,
@/ virsys is actively maintaining the gt510wifi version, and (I think) he could build the ones for gt510lte (as the devicetree has been published by @/ ashyx). Anyway I'd love the have one updated twrp for my gt510lte, but I'm not able to build one by myself, so I think we won't have it until someone skilled actually builds it.
The latest version for the gt510lte is 3.1.0-0 (published by ashyx I think) as the 3.3.1-0 on the net isn't working.

fire_qc

Mar 2, 2019
Please super help anyone!
Succeded to install TWRP 3.1 but after trying to fix the BOE blank screen I flash only ABOOT and RECOVERY partition, since then, no screen blank all the time even the download mode is blank.
Any ideas please???

Reactions: TDIfrogman

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Which device do you have?

Does it show the Samsung boot splash on reboot, or nothing at all?

Can Odin / Heimdall detect it if it's in download mode?

Have you tried re-flashing the entire stock ROM, not just ABOOT and RECOVERY?

fire_qc

Mar 2, 2019
Which device do you have?

Does it show the Samsung boot splash on reboot, or nothing at all?

Can Odin / Heimdall detect it if it's in download mode?

Have you tried re-flashing the entire stock ROM, not just ABOOT and RECOVERY?
Device Samsung Tab A SM-T350 2017 with Nougat out of the box.

No Samsung splash nothing at all no lights no logo when connected.

Heimdall or adb or even my Linux PC didn't detect it..

At my last attempt, flash only ABOOT (from the Marsmallow ROM) and RECOVERY 3.3.1 and after that nothing...

Tried all combination possible with buttons, but no behaviors..

Last edited:

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Device Samsung Tab A SM-T350 2017 with Nougat out of the box.

No Samsung splash nothing at allm no lights no logo when connected.

Heimdall or adb or even my Linux PC didn't detect it..

At my last attempt, flash only ABOOT (from the Marsmallow ROM) and RECOVERY 3.3.1 and after that nothing...
This might be a silly question, but I have to ask ... are you sure the battery isn't flat?

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Completly FULL of charge... Last time was able to see it on the screen..
OK, last try: turn the device OFF completely. To do this, plug it into a charger, then hold Volume Down and Power for 10 seconds or more. With the screen blank, you can't tell whether it's shut down, but if you hold for at least 10 seconds it should be off. Leave it alone for 10 minutes or more, then see if it will turn it back on (the Samsung boot screen should come up, if nothing else).

One of my Samsung devices got into a state rather like you've described when I was first trying to install LineageOS on it. I thought I'd bricked it, but powering it off completely brought it back to its senses. It is worth a try. Note that it has to be plugged into a charger (or powered USB port) or it will simply restart, not turn off and stay off.

fire_qc

Mar 2, 2019
OK, last try: turn the device OFF completely. To do this, plug it into a charger, then hold Volume Down and Power for 10 seconds or more. With the screen blank, you can't tell whether it's shut down, but if you hold for at least 10 seconds it should be off. Leave it alone for 10 minutes or more, then see if it will turn it back on (the Samsung boot screen should come up, if nothing else).

Got nothing...

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
Never heard of that thing before! Which model is compatible with SM-T350 ??
An usb jig is simply a resistor on the end of the usb cable. See

You can make one or buy one. I have one and I think I bought if off ebay a long time ago for 99 cents + free shipping.

You can also try taking off the back cover of the tablet, disconnect the battery for 5 minutes. While the battery is disconnected, press the power button for 10 seconds to fully discharge. After 5 minutes, reconnect battery and try to get into download mode.

If that doesn't work, then you need someone with a riff box or jtag programmer to fix the tablet.

Top Liked Posts