[Recovery] TWRP 3.1.1 for Xperia X

Search This thread

chutch002

Oct 12, 2017
Good work but lost touchscreen!

Hello,

Great work porting this to the X!
I installed it and managed to flash Paranoid Android from this thread: https://xdaforums.com/xperia-x/development/rom-paranoid-android-v7-2-1-t3640440
It worked fine for one boot, then I went back to recovery.
Touchscreen had stopped working. Tried to go back to PA, touch has also stopped working on the ROM!

Not sure what caused this but seems strange it happened after I booted back to recovery?

fusk

Nov 9, 2010
Århus
Well, 8.22 worked one time. No matter how many times i try reflashing it, it continues to ask for password and i can't mount anything.

babelus

Jan 23, 2018
I have TWRP 3.1.1 with unlocked bootloader and stock firmware (7.1.1) with custom kernel (dm_verity and sony ric disabled). If I wipe /data and boot to TWRP I can decrypt system. After I boot the system I will no longer be able to decrypt system from TWRP. Is this by design or is there a way to mount system after booting Android, which I assume encrypts the partition.

eagleeyetom

Retired Senior Mod & DC Lead - Active Pole Dancer
Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I have TWRP 3.1.1 with unlocked bootloader and stock firmware (7.1.1) with custom kernel (dm_verity and sony ric disabled). If I wipe /data and boot to TWRP I can decrypt system. After I boot the system I will no longer be able to decrypt system from TWRP. Is this by design or is there a way to mount system after booting Android, which I assume encrypts the partition.
Try using the latest version of the recovery.

Glassed Silver

Apr 16, 2017
Nobody complained so far ;)

Not sure if I really want to complain, but what I will do is say that some folks show up in these threads after they went through a lengthy process getting other stuff to work on their device. Since not all Androids are created equal this is my third "learning curve" experience and I'm infinitely thankful for everything that is straight-forward and simple at this point.

Minor gripe, because right now I'm still trying to figure out how the hell I'm supposed to create a valid FTF with Androxyde's flasher.........

Any tutorials I can find that are about the Xperia X are many many months old or the process isn't replicable on my end with success. (system.sin fails to flash properly...)

I wasted my Saturday and now my Sunday as well... Rest in peperonis, weekend. Was nice passing by. :D

eagleeyetom

Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Not sure if I really want to complain, but what I will do is say that some folks show up in these threads after they went through a lengthy process getting other stuff to work on their device. Since not all Androids are created equal this is my third "learning curve" experience and I'm infinitely thankful for everything that is straight-forward and simple at this point.

Minor gripe, because right now I'm still trying to figure out how the hell I'm supposed to create a valid FTF with Androxyde's flasher.........

Any tutorials I can find that are about the Xperia X are many many months old or the process isn't replicable on my end with success. (system.sin fails to flash properly...)

I wasted my Saturday and now my Sunday as well... Rest in peperonis, weekend. Was nice passing by. :D

As far as I remember, you need to download an OTA via Xperia Companion and then convert it to FTF.
Below is a how-to video.

What is the problem, exactly? What error code? Perhaps you need to update Flashtool to the newest version.
Let us know about your progress :) Good luck!

Last edited:

Glassed Silver

Apr 16, 2017
As far as I remember, you need to download an OTA via Xperia Companion and then convert it to FTF.
Below is a how-to video.

What is the problem, exactly? What error code? Perhaps you need to update Flashtool to the newest version.
Let us know about your progress :) Good luck!

Hmm, that video doesn't load for me. :confused:

And yes, I used a current version of Flashtool. What's funny is that I was able to flash an FTF with it, it just didn't bundle the one I want and got through XperiFirm. That one always failed. Another one as well (another story...)

My bootloader is unlocked, how do I now download the desired OTA via Xperia Companion? Especially because it will only download the current CDA (Nordic) and what I do want is a clean slate with my actual region. (German)

Even EMMA only lists Nordic images... which is of little help...

There isn't a funny way to have it use what I downloaded with XperiFirm myself, is there?

Also, I'm noticing that ADB devices doesn't list my device... Not sure how to fix it, uninstalled and re-installed the drivers several times.

Please don't ask me which ones, I'd love to know myself at this point, but they were suggested somewhere...

I have WAY too many tabs open and my download list is filled to the brim. As is my mind lol.

So much for my previous assumption Sony provides actual flashable images in the format that you need.... No it's all just hacked together and EMMA insists on the same messed up CDA marriage as Xperia Companion. Derp...

So... EMMA only exists because Xperia Companion hatest unlocked bootloaders right? Jolly Lord... I must be missing something! :confused:

They create a tool to fix a role that they specifically designed their primary tool not to support for... which reason?

eagleeyetom

Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hmm, that video doesn't load for me. :confused:

And yes, I used a current version of Flashtool. What's funny is that I was able to flash an FTF with it, it just didn't bundle the one I want and got through XperiFirm. That one always failed. Another one as well (another story...)

My bootloader is unlocked, how do I now download the desired OTA via Xperia Companion? Especially because it will only download the current CDA (Nordic) and what I do want is a clean slate with my actual region. (German)

Even EMMA only lists Nordic images... which is of little help...

There isn't a funny way to have it use what I downloaded with XperiFirm myself, is there?

Also, I'm noticing that ADB devices doesn't list my device... Not sure how to fix it, uninstalled and re-installed the drivers several times.

Please don't ask me which ones, I'd love to know myself at this point, but they were suggested somewhere...

I have WAY too many tabs open and my download list is filled to the brim. As is my mind lol.

So much for my previous assumption Sony provides actual flashable images in the format that you need.... No it's all just hacked together and EMMA insists on the same messed up CDA marriage as Xperia Companion. Derp...

So... EMMA only exists because Xperia Companion hatest unlocked bootloaders right? Jolly Lord... I must be missing something! :confused:

They create a tool to fix a role that they specifically designed their primary tool not to support for... which reason?

I'm using German firmware right now. I can upload it for you if you want. As for ADB, try using this if an official SDK doesn't work. EMMA is quite useful if you break your boot and can't access recovery. It helped me a few times. Also, you can use it to flash the newest radio for suzu. Also I made a typo in the link. Video should work now.

Last edited:

Glassed Silver

Apr 16, 2017
I'm using German firmware right now. I can upload it for you if you want. As for ADB, try using this if an official SDK doesn't work. EMMA is quite useful if you break your boot and can't access recovery. It helped me a few times. Also, you can use it to flash the newest radio for suzu. Also I made a typo in the link. Video should work now.

Flashing the newest radio? :confused:

And I got ADB working now it seems... I fumbled with device manager a little more... Curious if it will work now...

My current plan is to install TWRP, root with magisk and then change the build.prop to reflect another CDA and then restore using EMMA to my desired firmware.

I just want to source as much as I can from official Sony servers... I't not like I'm NOT trusting you you know, but I'm coming from iOS and whilst it's a golden cage I have always enjoyed the high level of security and I'm trying to make my Android experience as secure as I can.

Currently charging my phone a bit, because it had been rather low and I want to start my bazillionth try with a nice full charge of juice. Added bonus to calm down a bit and refresh my own patience. :laugh:

eagleeyetom

Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Flashing the newest radio? :confused:

And I got ADB working now it seems... I fumbled with device manager a little more... Curious if it will work now...

My current plan is to install TWRP, root with magisk and then change the build.prop to reflect another CDA and then restore using EMMA to my desired firmware.

I just want to source as much as I can from official Sony servers... I't not like I'm NOT trusting you you know, but I'm coming from iOS and whilst it's a golden cage I have always enjoyed the high level of security and I'm trying to make my Android experience as secure as I can.

Currently charging my phone a bit, because it had been rather low and I want to start my bazillionth try with a nice full charge of juice. Added bonus to calm down a bit and refresh my own patience. :laugh:

Yes, radio, baseband and bootloader.

Let me know if you change your mind ;)

Glassed Silver

Apr 16, 2017
Yes, radio, baseband and bootloader.

Let me know if you change your mind ;)

Just flashed TWRP and it's WORKING BABY.

Now on to installing magisk! Whew, super glad something finally worked again. :silly:

Now with Xperia X... do I allow the system to be written by TWRP if all I want is stock firmware with Magisk Root and OTAs working?

I also want to try some magisk modules if there are any that fix the horrendously low volume issue...

I assume I'm picking write right? Damn, I'm sure I know the answer, but my mind is just garbage right now and I want to finally see the finish line and play some Overwatch. :D

Last edited:

eagleeyetom

Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Just flashed TWRP and it's WORKING BABY.

Now on to installing magisk! Whew, super glad something finally worked again. :silly:

Now with Xperia X... do I allow the system to be written by TWRP if all I want is stock firmware with Magisk Root and OTAs working?

I also want to try some magisk modules if there are any that fix the horrendously low volume issue...

I assume I'm picking write right? Damn, I'm sure I know the answer, but my mind is just garbage right now and I want to finally see the finish line and play some Overwatch. :D

Good job! If you want to flash OTA, you need to flash stock recovery and boot image. The fastest and hassle-free way is applying an FTF via Flashtool. There should be a module to fix that. Just browse through the repo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings!

I'd like to present a TWRP recovery for the single-sim Xperia X. This release works on Xperia X F5121 and F5122

DISCLAIMER:
    I'm not responsible for any damage done to your device. You have been warned.

REQUIREMENTS
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Working ADB and Fastboot (You can get the latest version through Android Studio or by visiting this site)

FEATURES
    • MTP support
    • ADB Sideload
    • Backups and restores almost every partition
    • Full SELinux support
    • Working encryption. You can access /data within recovery

NEEDS TESTING
    • USB-OTG

DOWNLOADS

INSTALLATION
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Download the file
    • Put the following code in CMD/Terminal:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-suzu-*.img

//Replace * with the version you want to flash
    • Unplug the cable
    • Press Volume Down + Power to activate the recovery. When installed properly, the device should vibrate funnily, purple LED should appear and after a couple of seconds you should see the TWRP screen.
    • Enjoy!

BUILD

You need to sync the OmniROM and vendor blobs from DonkeyCoyote. You can find my sources on GitHub.
    android_device_sony_loire_common
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/commits/android-7.1

@grayleshy - for initial TWRP
    @AndroPlus for some of his flags
    OmniROM team for sources

If you find my work useful, consider buying me a cup of coffee :)
    [TWRP] TWRP 3.1.0 for Xperia X

Old OP below:
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.1.0

REQUIREMENT:
    - Unlocked bootloader
    FEATURES:
    - MTP support
    - USB OTG storage support
    - Covers most partitions for nandroid backups
    - ADB root
    - Full SELinux support
    - Support for partition decryption

Download: Dropbox

Installation via the bootloader (Platform-tools (adb & fastboot))
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Running TWRP: turn the phone off, wait 5 seconds, then pinch at the same time the power key and the volume down key until the device vibrates, release the keys. Recovery starts within 5-10 seconds.

DISCLAIMER:
    No one is responsible for any damage done to your device but YOU. You've been warned.

Special thanks kistigun for testing recovery on the device.
    Changelog: twrp.me
    TWRP was going on OmniRom 7.1 sources and XperiaDeveloper.
    SOURCEs: Suzu; loire; Common.
    sir can you help on Oreo ? after flashing latest build .364 (Oreo) (Suzu / F5121 / F5122) the TWRP cannot read internal partition. give password error

It doesn't work on Oreo yet. That freaking decryption is a headache. I and few other devs are working on it. Stay tuned. It will be released when it's done.
    Ok, folks. A new version of TWRP is uploaded. It should fix the restore problem.
    Happy flashing!
    Ok, I will start from scratch. Apparently, qseecomd needs more libraries to work. Hopefully I will crack it soon ;)