[recovery][twrp 3.2.1] sm-a520f 2017 [unofficial]

Search This thread

neon28

Sep 22, 2014
What do you get instead of TWRP? Anything different?

I entered TRWP with orange color theme
but I can not delete data and the other,
can not install ROM,
can not see the ZIP file in SD CARD
etc

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

What do you get instead of TWRP? Anything different?

I reentered the standard recovery

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
i have never tried in nougat

I've had it in Nougat and flashed stock SER Oreo without affecting TWRP.

Not sure what I can do really but I'll get back to you with suggestions. In the meantime, make sure you have a brand new copy of the latest TWRP (delete what you already have and redownload to ensure you're working with absolutely clean files).

neon28

Sep 22, 2014
I've had it in Nougat and flashed stock SER Oreo without affecting TWRP.

Not sure what I can do really but I'll get back to you with suggestions. In the meantime, make sure you have a brand new copy of the latest TWRP (delete what you already have and redownload to ensure you're working with absolutely clean files).

ok, i'm downloading a new TWRP file
and if you can, you use ODIN VERSI how much?

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
ok, i'm downloading a new TWRP file
and if you can, you use ODIN VERSI how much?

Hi. Been a little busy with family, sorry I've not been in touch.

Okay. You have fresh files all ready.

Open up Odin.
Connect phone via USB. Reboot into download mode.
Before you flash the recovery, untick the Auto Reboot option
Tap AF and load up the new TWRP file
Flash the recovery and when complete, unplug USB and reboot into recovery by pressing Home+Volume Up+Power[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Andriano24

Oct 1, 2017
Samsung Galaxy A70
If you don't see any zip or .img file, the problem is that your device is encrypted. To remove that go to Twrp Recovery > Wipe > Format Data and type "yes". Your data should be now decrypted but if you boot into ROM it will automatically encrypt your files (Samsung security logic). So make sure to have this; https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip already downloaded to your SD Card. (Make sure to flash this file INSIDE Twrp only after formating your data. IT'S NOT AN ODIN FLASHABLE FILE! And I say only after formating your data because you can't just flash it, Twrp only has access to mount the data after a format). This will decrypt for sure your phone and then you will have the ability to flash anything via Twrp! But keep in mind that if you reflash the firmware via Odin and install again any Twrp you have to to the steps again, ah, what a pain! I hope I helped you out :D.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Tap AF and load up the new TWRP file.
You may mean AP, not AF :p.

Last edited:

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
If you don't see any zip or .img file, the problem is that your device is encrypted. To remove that go to Twrp Recovery > Wipe > Format Data and type "yes". Your data should be now decrypted but if you boot into ROM it will automatically encrypt your files (Samsung security logic). So make sure to have this; https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip already downloaded to your SD Card. This will decrypt for sure your phone and then you will have the ability to flash anything via Twrp! But keep in mind that if you reflash the firmware via Odin and install again any Twrp you have to to the steps again, ah, what a pain! I hope I helped you out :D.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

You may mean AP, not AF :p.
Thank you - simple typo

Andriano24

Oct 1, 2017
Samsung Galaxy A70
Your TWRP is not working without "no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx.zip". Iflashed it through odin. Made backup and now im stuck with samsung logo. Just so i can use Lineage OS. Thank you.
You have to flash that file inside Twrp, not Odin :laugh:. But first so you will be able to flash that you have to follow this post; https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-series-2017/development/recovery-sm-a520f-2017-t3759214/post76299176 :D.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

4x
now i am using FW oreo russia
and odin v3.13.1

Can you help me?
Oh... So you flashed a new bootloader. That's not good. You got RMM Stage:prenormal.
Take a look at this thread; https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-series-2017/how-to/guide-root-install-twrp-samsung-t3747535

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

(Make sure to flash this file INSIDE Twrp only after formating your data. IT'S NOT AN ODIN FLASHABLE FILE! And I say only after formating your data because you can't just flash it, Twrp only has access to mount the data after a format).
For those who already read it, I have added some extra lines so you understand everything.

Last edited:

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
You flash that file inside Twrp, not Odin :laugh:. But first so you will be able to flash that you have to do what I said before this message :D.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Oh... So you flashed a new bootloader. That's not good. You got RMM Stage:prenormal.
Take a look at this thread; https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-series-2017/how-to/guide-root-install-twrp-samsung-t3747535
He said he had TWRP but it vanished. I assumed wiped by error somehow.

We'll await his reply.

neon28

Sep 22, 2014
Hi. Been a little busy with family, sorry I've not been in touch.

Okay. You have fresh files all ready.

Open up Odin.
Connect phone via USB. Reboot into download mode.
Before you flash the recovery, untick the Auto Reboot option
Tap AF and load up the new TWRP file
Flash the recovery and when complete, unplug USB and reboot into recovery by pressing Home+Volume Up+Power
[/QUOTE]

thanks for your support
before I often make modifications ROM from the era of S3 mini until J5 2016 and all goes as I let
end of december 2017 i changed my device from j5 2016 to A5 2017 and until yesterday i have never modified my 2015 A5 device
until finally I replace NOUGAT region indonesia (ori) to OREO region SER

all the suggestions from you and what I have learned I have tried but nothing works
and that confuses me why can not I delete data through TRWP?
even i can not see the file in SD CARD
but I can see the external SD CARD file as usual
and strangely the TRWP I installed will be lost when my device is rebooted or restarted
I feel very stupid
Please help me
I have to learn a lot from you guys
:crying: :crying: :crying:

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom

thanks for your support
before I often make modifications ROM from the era of S3 mini until J5 2016 and all goes as I let
end of december 2017 i changed my device from j5 2016 to A5 2017 and until yesterday i have never modified my 2015 A5 device

all the suggestions from you and what I have learned I have tried but nothing works
and strangely the TRWP I installed will be lost when my device is rebooted or restarted
I feel very stupid
Please help me
:crying: :crying: :crying:[/QUOTE]

Okay. Don't feel stupid. We all started somewhere.

Sounds like your data is encrypted and you need to decrypt it before proceeding.

So...

1. at the moment you have no TWRP? Please confirm
2. Boot phone as normal
3. Go to settings and in developer options there should be a switch "OEM unlock"
4. Reboot phone into download mode. Volume up to proceed. Copy down what you see written in the top left corner of the screen.
5. Let us know what us displayed.

Andriano24

Oct 1, 2017
Samsung Galaxy A70
thanks for your support

I feel very stupid
Please help me
:crying: :crying: :crying:
I wrote a message above so I could help you but as I see you never saw it, here it is; https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-series-2017/development/recovery-sm-a520f-2017-t3759214/post76299176

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.2.1-0 For A5 2017​
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Disclaimer​

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty will be VOID after installing a custom recovery.
     * Get notified yourself that I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
     * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device,
     * I will laugh at you.

This is for A5 2017 only​

Download​
    • TWRP SM-A520F FOR FLASHING IN TWRP:
      HTML:
      https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=androidlover5842&dl=androidlover5842/a5y17lte/recovery_a5y17lte-080318.img
    • TWRP SM-A520F FOR FLASHING IN ODIN:
      HTML:
      https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657588962

Instructions​
    • With Twrp : download the .img file on your phone and flash it throw the older twrp by the image installation menu
    • With Odin : download the .tar file and flash on AP case of Odin

Credits​
    Working flawless on my device! Good Job DEV

Keep in mind that is mainly work of TwrpBuilder: https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=8910950
    But good to know that is working perfectly!
    The TWRP is repaired now and everything is working as expected, download and enjoy! :)
    for Odin, Link doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!

Get it from the official TWRP website
    Thank you so much for this version! :victory:

All seems in good working order. On my SM-A520W (Canada) 2017, Lineage OS 14.1 updates 20180418 and 20180425 have successfully installed themselves via system -> your trwp -> system process..

Any thoughts of getting to the twrp.me gang for "Official" inclusion and status? :good:

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Encrypted /data partition

From the factory, my A5 2017 was encrypted. In order to be able to install lineageOS, I had to first format the /data partition. After that, everything went okay.

/S