[RECOVERY][TWRP 3.3.0][7.0/8.1/9.0] Galaxy J7 (2017) [17.04.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

luu khanh du

Jul 13, 2016
Unofficial TWRP 3.3.0 For J7 2017
Disclaimer
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Special features:

Downloads:
J730x - Latest Release

Instructions:
Odin
Download Odin v3.13.1
Download and install Samsung Drivers(if you have them installed you can skip this step)
Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
Download TWRP_*.tar
Switch off the phone
Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
Click Start
When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.

TWRP
Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.

Optional - Download and flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 zip to disable data partition encryption
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread

Sources:
J530x device tree - https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Credits:mad:corsicanu
@Dyneteve
@yshalsager
@TwrpBuilder

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP_J730, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017)

Contributors
ananjaser1211, corsicanu

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.3
Stable Release Date: 2019-04-17

Created 2018-08-30
Last Updated 2019-04-18
I am having trouble installing twrp and root j730g and I am using the latest software version. Can you help me to install twrp and root

Dec 11, 2010
Ann Arbor
@deadeyesystems I noticed you inquired about this working for the J7 Refine (sm-j737p) (2018). I have already created a guide for our device, complete with all you need to root & plus our own TWRP recovery. If you have any questions, please post there & I will help you out

My friend thank you and all who made this happen. I was full steam ahead on working with/supporting this effort but unfortunately personal things kept me from it. Now I'm back and couldn't be happier you have a solution for us.
My one issue is that my OS version is I believe "PIE" it is: J737PVPU3BSF6. I'm not sure where I can go from here as I as of this point have not found any matching files on various sites. If anyone has any ideas they are always appreciated.

☆KØŁØЯΛĐØ☆

Oct 20, 2016
Indianapolis
My friend thank you and all who made this happen. I was full steam ahead on working with/supporting this effort but unfortunately personal things kept me from it. Now I'm back and couldn't be happier you have a solution for us.
My one issue is that my OS version is I believe "PIE" it is: J737PVPU3BSF6. I'm not sure where I can go from here as I as of this point have not found any matching files on various sites. If anyone has any ideas they are always appreciated.

You can grab the stock Pie files here. Just make sure to extract em from their .lz4 format

Dec 11, 2010
Ann Arbor
@deadeyesystems I noticed you inquired about this working for the J7 Refine (sm-j737p) (2018). I have already created a guide for our device, complete with all you need to root & plus our own TWRP recovery. If you have any questions, please post there & I will help you out

I saw that. I appreciate that very much. Thanks again for your time. My side enquiry was about me being on J737PVPU3BSF6 Ver:9 PIE. But I believe that it does not matter since phone is exact it will run the version you made no issues.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
When update to twrp 3.3.1-1 ?

Omnirom's bootable recovery repo puts its 8.1 and up branches at 3.3.1, not 3.3.1-1. You can always compile it on your own and release your build under a new thread. But as long as you are on 3.2.3 or higher, you will be able to flash pie roms. Android 10 roms should be good to go, idk if you guys have any 10 roms yet.

Xxxnano

Apr 17, 2018
Omnirom's bootable recovery repo puts its 8.1 and up branches at 3.3.1, not 3.3.1-1. You can always compile it on your own and release your build under a new thread. But as long as you are on 3.2.3 or higher, you will be able to flash pie roms. Android 10 roms should be good to go, idk if you guys have any 10 roms yet.
Thanks

Gggggas

Dec 9, 2013
Guys I have a J7 2017 J730F which was sent for service which lasted 3 whole months , no gmail password is remembered so I cant get through the setup menu. Cant flash 8.0 Rom via odin of course and cant flash TWRP cuase it says " Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)"

what can I do? Thanks

RafliXXX

Jul 31, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Guys I have a J7 2017 J730F which was sent for service which lasted 3 whole months , no gmail password is remembered so I cant get through the setup menu. Cant flash 8.0 Rom via odin of course and cant flash TWRP cuase it says " Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)"

what can I do? Thanks[/QU

Got this problem too:((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ae08b8N.png

Unofficial TWRP 3.3.0 For J7 2017
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Special features:
    Code:
    - built from Pie kernel source
    - built in full 64bit mode
    - updated TWRP source to 3.3
    - Full F2FS Support
    - fully compatible with all Oreo roms

Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin
    1. Download Odin v3.13.1
    2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
    3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
    4. Download TWRP_*.tar
    5. Switch off the phone
    6. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
    7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
    8. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
    9. Click Start
    10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
    11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
    12. If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.
    TWRP
    • Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.
    Optional - Download and flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 zip to disable data partition encryption
    If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread

Sources:
    • J530x device tree - https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
    Credits:
    XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP_J730, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017)

Contributors
    ananjaser1211, corsicanu

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.3
    Stable Release Date: 2019-04-17

Created 2018-08-30
    Last Updated 2019-04-18
    This TWRP is Android 8.1 Ready, when J7 officially receives Oreo this will be a direct flash either via .tar in odin or just update .img inside twrp itself.

This is also built on updated TWRP trees and all that good stuff. enjoy

sources are here if anyone wants to modify

**F2FS support is not there**
    My device is broken and i am no longer developing for this platform.

Thanks for good 3 years of development.
    New TWRP out:
    Changes:
    • switched to TwrpBuilder official builds
    • included crypto for LineageOS software encrypted data, thanks to @Option58
    • made preload partition wipeable in recovery
    • included cpefs and m9kefs partitions in backup for safety reasons
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin
    1. Download Odin v3.13.1
    2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
    3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
    4. Download TWRP_*.tar
    5. Switch off the phone
    6. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
    7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
    8. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
    9. Click Start
    10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
    11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
    12. If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.
    TWRP
    • Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.

All the best!
    Yes and it works fine. BTW only appears on TWRP pre-boot screen. I have the G model.

ok thanks for clarification, i thought it was stuck, ill add a patch to remove that red logo later.