[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.3.1-0 (lilac) [UPDATE: 2019-09-16]

modpunk

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
TWRP

This project provides the TWRP recovery for for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (lilac).

FEATURES

• File-Based Encryption (FBE) support
  • EXT4 support
  • F2FS support
  • EXFAT support
  • Provides unzip
  • Additional languages

This recovery will use the security patch level from the system partition to decrypt data. It should not be tied to a security patch level anymore.

DOWNLOAD

Make sure you download the .img and corresponding .asc.txt file (see INTEGRITY)!

You can always find the latest version of the recovery HERE.

INTEGRETY

The recovery images also come with an GPG armor file (.asc). With that file you verify that the image I created hasn't been altered.

How do you do that?

1. Download my gpg keyring here: https://cryptomilk.org/gpgkey-8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D.gpg.
  2. Download the recovery.img and recovery.img.asc.txt file
  3. Rename the recovery.img.asc.txt file to recovery.img.asc
  4. Verfiy the signature using the following command:
    Code:
    gpg --keyring ./gpgkey-8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D.gpg --verify recovery.img.asc

A good tutorial is: How to verify signatures for packages from the Tor Project.

SECURITY ADVICE

Don't flash ROMs or Magisk modules which set SELinux to permissive or you welcome malware on your device!

XDA:DevDB Information
recovery_twrp_sony_lilac, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
modpunk, Dees_Troy
Source Code: https://github.com/cryptomilk/android_device_sony_lilac

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
Stable Release Date: 2019-09-16

Created 2017-11-18
Last Updated 2019-09-16

Last edited:

aikon96

Sep 24, 2010
Nice work! So does that mean that we finally can root our xz1 compact?

And currently this TWRP is not working for security patch November, right? I mean build nr: 47.1.A.5.51

Last edited:

shafiq01

Oct 6, 2008
it flashes okay via fastboot, and twrp is also working. except for format option under wipe, when typing 'continue' it seems like it doesn't show the inputs, only the last letter 'e'
anyway after i flashed the twrp, i booted it up, and mounted everything except for otg. and then of course i flashed magisk.zip (latest v14) and it also succeeded
but then when i reboot from twrp, it stucks at sony logo, meaning default bootanimation doesn't kick in, and i patiently waited for like 10-15 min
so i assume it's not working. i even tried with a userdebug and regular user build 47.1.A.5.51
now i will try just to boot the twrp without flashing it and then flash magisk.zip while it's booted up via fastboot to see if it boots up normally

modpunk

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
a) Do you have your partition encrypted and could you mount it, so it asked for a password?
b) TWRP writes a log file you can download adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
c) adb logcat is also working

Note that there is currently no upstream TWRP developement for Oreo ongoing. I just wrote several hacks to get it working.

shafiq01

Oct 6, 2008
a) Do you have your partition encrypted and could you mount it, so it asked for a password?
b) TWRP writes a log file you can download adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
c) adb logcat is also working

Note that there is currently no upstream TWRP developement for Oreo ongoing. I just wrote several hacks to get it working.
A: it does not ask for password upon bootup so i guess it's not encrypted in that way
B attached here
C is there any specific logcat you want, like error or fatal level etc.

Attachments

Shammy7861

May 2, 2015
Keighley
Hi modpunk,

Ur a true star...****

I just want to ask a couple of question's.

Does the bootloader have to be unlocked in order to flash this....?
I have had a Z3 Compact and got it rooted with bootloader locked and also a Z5 Compact using munjen setup.
Install TWRP on it Flashed SuperSU using TWRP was best thing i did.

Do you have a step by step guide how to flash this. I would love to test it for you.
When you flash is it using munjen flashtool...?

Thanks Sham

shafiq01

Oct 6, 2008
UPDATE
TRWP is working actually, just figured out that it's magisk that get the phone not to boot, bith 14 and 14.5
and latest supersu both the xperia one and the regular one v.2.82 fails, give error "unzip fail, no proper recovery etc."
Now for fun i will load it up with userdebug firmware and see if i can make it manually root with the "angela" method

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone