[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.3.1-0 (lilac) [UPDATE: 2019-09-16]

Search This thread

OGSwank

May 7, 2013
I need to unlock my bootloader. What should i do after i have used the offical sony tool as i want to install LineageOS. Running G8441 (47.2.A.11.228 EE). Flashtool wont work on this device.

Last edited:

sabotage154

Apr 24, 2011
hello. after many attempts i successfully removed all the gapps required and installed microg on stock oreo rootkernel 47.1.A.16.20 security patch level september 2018.. before working on this i backedup my working stock rootkernel install.

once i was sucessfuly in installing microg i tried to backup my working stock rootkernel with microg install but i am getting the following error in log.

when i boot into recovery this is the version that appears on twrp recovery boot screen:
3.2.3-0

can anyone give me their input on the following. im getting error255 when trying to backup.

i get the following:

I:partition Backup time: 178
Invalid encryption mode 'ice:aes-256-cts'
Backing up Vendor...
Invalid encryption mode 'ice:aes-256-cts'
Error opening: '/vendor/app/FingerprintExtensionService' (Not a directory)
I:Error in Generate_TarList!
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/sdcard1/TWRP/BACKUPS/BH90972Q9E/2020-10-15--17-42-15_471A1620/vendor.info'

does anyone know what im doing wrong?

saltchunkmary

Oct 28, 2020
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find anything that sorts my problem... So, I have previously been running Lineage OS 17 on my XZ1 Compact (G8841) and I then returned it to stock using FlashTool. Now, I want to return to Lineage OS again but I can no longer flash the TWRP recovery; the terminal just hangs on the fastboot flash. I am not the best at all this malarkey but I am guessing it something to do with root (maybe?). Anyway, If anyone has any pointers I'd be massively grateful. Oh, and nice work on the ROM, it's a beast on this phone. Cheers, Spike.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fisuxcel

enzyme

Sep 30, 2008
I am on latest official. I've just successfully unlocked my bootloader. Do I download the pie.img?

If I was intending to flash Android10 rom, do I need to flash the 10.img version?

What if I wanted to flash RR Oreo, would this pose any problems?

LuminousOne

Nov 19, 2018
I have a USB OTG cable attached to a flash drive. The flash drive is FAT32. In TWRP it can see the flash drive but won't let me select it. It says it has 0MB, but it actually has lots free. Is this a known issue? Can TWRP backup to flash drives?

I just flashed twrp-3.3.1-0-lilac-pie-5.img and it works just fine, however it hangs at the Sony logo for a very long time (like 2 minutes) before booting. I have the latest unmodified stock ROM (Android 9.0) without root or any modifications, just an unlocked bootloader.

Last edited:

BiYoRi

Jun 9, 2014
Hey guys, I really need help

My adb devices not detecting my xz1c in bootloader mode. Already install the necessary drivers.
I've done alot of flash in the past but this is first time it doesn't detect after countless of re-install drivers.

#EDIT FIXED :)

Last edited:

BiYoRi

Jun 9, 2014
I really need help this time
I'm using Pie 9 TWRp 3310. It work fine. But after the reboot, I tried to flash something and all folder suddenly showing weird name, probably encrypted?

Any help?

#FIXED! Dam I'm so clueless for a sec. I was using TWRP for Android 9 but I flash android 10 rom. Changed to android 10 twrp support and fixed :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fisuxcel
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find anything that sorts my problem... So, I have previously been running Lineage OS 17 on my XZ1 Compact (G8841) and I then returned it to stock using FlashTool. Now, I want to return to Lineage OS again but I can no longer flash the TWRP recovery; the terminal just hangs on the fastboot flash. I am not the best at all this malarkey but I am guessing it something to do with root (maybe?). Anyway, If anyone has any pointers I'd be massively grateful. Oh, and nice work on the ROM, it's a beast on this phone. Cheers, Spike.
Did you find any solution?

dmalanij

Feb 21, 2022
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask for this but I'm having a weird behaviour after moving from my official Android 8 to LineageOS 18. Basically after flashing the ROM it booted fine but when tried to reeboot in recovery mode (to flash missing Gapps), got stuck in a Black Screen of Death loop (which I've mentioned in my post on a different thread),

The only way around it is:
  1. turning off the device (by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up until the long vibration)
  2. connecting the device to my PC enabling fastboot (pressing Volume Up while connecting USB cable)
  3. rebooting via command line from the PC (with fastboot reboot)
With that, LineageOS boots fine. Eventually I discovered that was able to get into recovery mode also via commandline but using fastboot boot twrp.img.

Any ideas on why is failing to boot with the flashed recovery? Could this be related with the fact that there's no TWRP for Android 11 for the XZ1 Compact? Is there any alternative to TWRP? Excuse my bloating ignorance, as I'm total rookie on this.

Besides that, when using the I'm also seeing what @BiYoRi mentioned
But after the reboot, I tried to flash something and all folder suddenly showing weird name, probably encrypted?

But based on the update on that post I guess that's definitely due to not having TWRP specifically for Android 11.

Reactions: FlashDude

norabitox

Dec 13, 2020

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 21

4qx

Mar 21, 2022
I want to return to Lineage OS again but I can no longer flash the TWRP recovery; the terminal just hangs on the fastboot flash
Did you find any solution?
Not sure why this is happening, perhaps an insufficient or incompatible power supply issue, but the solution is to try different computers/USB ports. Also, in my case it only worked with Linux, EndeavourOS to be specific, but should work on Ubuntu or any other "complete" Linux OS/distro.

Will there be a TWRP update for 11?
Any ideas on why is failing to boot with the flashed recovery? Could this be related with the fact that there's no TWRP for Android 11 for the XZ1 Compact? Is there any alternative to TWRP?
Don't wait on TWRP updates in this thread, get the latest version from the source and reflash it, it works for me on ROMs with Android 11 and 12: https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxz1compact.html

Is there any alternative to TWRP?
I'm using Pie 9 TWRp 3310. It work fine. But after the reboot, I tried to flash something and all folder suddenly showing weird name, probably encrypted?
I am also in trouble. (Lineage 19.1)
It's because of the encryption. Files on LineageOS 19 are encrypted if accessed via TWRP recovery, LineageOS 19 (maybe 18 also) has its own alternative recovery that can be installed during the first boot, perhaps the files are not encrypted if accessed from there. Either way, it's a security measure against unauthorized access to files. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that it's a default feature in Android 12.

How do I resolve TWRP error 255?
The error 255 is caused due to insufficient space. One solution is to backup or restore one or several partitions at a time instead of all at once, alternative solution is to back up to external memory card.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmalanij

norabitox

Dec 13, 2020
The error 255 is caused due to insufficient space. One solution is to backup or restore one or several partitions at a time instead of all at once, alternative solution is to back up to external memory card.
Hello 4qx
Thank you for answering.
I have tried with TWRP3310,3509,35290,36190 and SD card, internal storage etc.
USB OTG is not recognized.
The strange folder disappeared for some reason, but error 255 doesn't improve.
There are no errors if you exclude the data from the backup selection.

I hope you understand my strange English.
Regards.

4qx

Mar 21, 2022
I hope you understand
Not entirely. Are you getting this error while trying to backup or restore?
I have tried with TWRP3310,3509,35290,36190 and SD card, internal storage etc.
USB OTG is not recognized.
I don't think you need to use any TWRP versions apart from the latest one. By "USB OTG is not recognized" you mean that you can't see your phone files from the computer while in recovery mode? If so, you can copy files to or from the phone with adb, for example:

adb pull /sdcard/Pictures C:/New
will copy the Pictures folder to "C:/New" on your computer (You have to create "New" folder first)

adb push C:/New /sdcard/New
will copy the "C:/New" folder on your computer to Pictures folder on your phone's internal storage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP

This project provides the TWRP recovery for for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (lilac).

twrp-lilac.jpg

FEATURES

• File-Based Encryption (FBE) support
    • EXT4 support
    • F2FS support
    • EXFAT support
    • Provides unzip
    • Additional languages

This recovery will use the security patch level from the system partition to decrypt data. It should not be tied to a security patch level anymore.

DOWNLOAD

Make sure you download the .img and corresponding .asc.txt file (see INTEGRITY)!

You can always find the latest version of the recovery HERE.

INTEGRETY

The recovery images also come with an GPG armor file (.asc). With that file you verify that the image I created hasn't been altered.

How do you do that?

1. Download my gpg keyring here: https://cryptomilk.org/gpgkey-8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D.gpg.
    2. Download the recovery.img and recovery.img.asc.txt file
    3. Rename the recovery.img.asc.txt file to recovery.img.asc
    4. Verfiy the signature using the following command:
      Code:
      gpg --keyring ./gpgkey-8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D.gpg --verify recovery.img.asc

A good tutorial is: How to verify signatures for packages from the Tor Project.

SECURITY ADVICE

Don't flash ROMs or Magisk modules which set SELinux to permissive or you welcome malware on your device!

XDA:DevDB Information
    recovery_twrp_sony_lilac, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
    modpunk, Dees_Troy
    Source Code: https://github.com/cryptomilk/android_device_sony_lilac

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-09-16

Created 2017-11-18
    Last Updated 2019-09-16
    I've uploaded a new recovery. This should not be tied to the security patch level anymore. It reads the values from the system partition and uses that.
    I've uploaded a new TWRP recovery version 3.2.3-0

• enable md5sum digest verification
    • adb backup fixes
    • OTA style update zips will now install automatically without prompting for decrypt
    • minor tweaks to handling date/time on Qualcomm devices
    • updates to some language translations
    New recovery released.
    I've uploaded a TWRP for Android 9.0 (Pie).