[RECOVERY]TWRP-3.3.1-x for Moto E5 variants [HANNAH|JAMES|PETTYL|NORA]

Search This thread

sonymicronin

Jul 25, 2015
Code:
fastboot -w

& Use arm64 twrp to flash latest lineage builds

Using the command returns erasing successful until erasing "metadata": (bootloader) permission denied
Failed (remote: '')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Also the arm64 twrp build with fixed encryption is the one linked in this thread for xt1924-8 right? If so I have been using that version but still get error 255 when flashing lineage. Thank you for your assistance and thread sir.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Using the command returns erasing successful until erasing "metadata": (bootloader) permission denied

Also the arm64 twrp build with fixed encryption is the one linked in this thread for xt1924-8 right? If so I have been using that version but still get error 255 when flashing lineage. Thank you for your assistance and thread sir.
Nevermind sir, turns out I was actually still using the arm twrp you posted and not the new arm64 version, sorry for the confusion and thanks for the assistance.
Now it flashes both lineage and gapps but upon booting it shows Decryption unsuccessful reset phone. I clicked it and it takes me back to twrp to do some stuff and reboots to show the same message

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Nevermind sir, turns out I was actually still using the arm twrp you posted and not the new arm64 version, sorry for the confusion and thanks for the assistance.
Now it flashes both lineage and gapps but upon booting it shows Decryption unsuccessful reset phone. I clicked it and it takes me back to twrp to do some stuff and reboots to show the same message

Update: I've found steps to fix this issue. After flashing lineage and Gapps then rebooting, if it still shows decryption unsuccessful hold power to power off. Then boot into bootloader.
go cmd and write "fastboot erase cache"and "fastboot erase userdata"
its working in decryption deleted your data unlocked you have snapdragon.
Snapdragon is locked in deleted userdata your snapdragon unlokced

Last edited:

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Update: I've found steps to fix this issue. After flashing lineage and Gapps then rebooting, if it still shows decryption unsuccessful hold power to power off. Then boot into bootloader.
go cmd and write "fastboot erase cache"and "fastboot erase userdata"
its working in decryption deleted your data unlocked you have snapdragon.
Snapdragon is locked in deleted userdata your snapdragon unlokced

Were you using stock ROM before flashing lineage?
Try this anyways
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
& Reboot to recovery
Flash rom, gapps & reboot device

Reactions: sonymicronin

sonymicronin

Jul 25, 2015
Were you using stock ROM before flashing lineage?
Try this anyways
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
& Reboot to recovery
Flash rom, gapps & reboot device

Yes I did these steps with latest arm64 twrp, lineage 15.1, and open gapps arm64 8.1 nano.
It now boots perfectly fine, thank you once again. My final question(hopefully lol) is do you have any idea how to flash a gsi over this build?
After following steps and booting. I'll do a quick setup and reboot again to recovery. Then I'll flash the system.img for pixel experienceP arm64 a only. It'll flash correctly but upon booting to system gets stuck on bootup with G logo and thin gray loading bar. Any ideas?(Sorry for abundance of questions)

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai
Yes I did these steps with latest arm64 twrp, lineage 15.1, and open gapps arm64 8.1 nano.
It now boots perfectly fine, thank you once again. My final question(hopefully lol) is do you have any idea how to flash a gsi over this build?
After following steps and booting. I'll do a quick setup and reboot again to recovery. Then I'll flash the system.img for pixel experienceP arm64 a only. It'll flash correctly but upon booting to system gets stuck on bootup with G logo and thin gray loading bar. Any ideas?(Sorry for abundance of questions)

Mostly it won't boot

Reactions: sonymicronin

faheyd

Dec 29, 2011
Reno NV
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 8
Read all three pages, (yes, it's the 64bit twrp at 19,514KB) I get exceeded partition limits on my Moto E5 Play, I have the normal james-twrp on there now:
\platform-tools> fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 535822336 bytes
sending 'recovery' (19514 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.617s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Image size exeeded partition limits
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.633s
Any help is appreciated.

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai
Read all three pages, (yes, it's the 64bit twrp at 19,514KB) I get exceeded partition limits on my Moto E5 Play, I have the normal james-twrp on there now:
\platform-tools> fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 535822336 bytes
sending 'recovery' (19514 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.617s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Image size exeeded partition limits
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.633s
Any help is appreciated.

Well, 64bit twrp is only for moto e5 plus

Reactions: faheyd

Donavonn

Dec 25, 2018
@karthick mostwanted

I had it working this morning but 20 minutes ago I completely re-flashed everything, flashed the recovery, wiped the data, rebooted. On reboot, it encrypted, then once it was fully booted up, I booted to bootloader and the recovery wasn't installed anymore.
I'm not sure what the issue is. It doesn't decrypt and the recovery doesn't stay installed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai
@karthick mostwanted

I had it working this morning but 20 minutes ago I completely re-flashed everything, flashed the recovery, wiped the data, rebooted. On reboot, it encrypted, then once it was fully booted up, I booted to bootloader and the recovery wasn't installed anymore.
I'm not sure what the issue is. It doesn't decrypt and the recovery doesn't stay installed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Code:
fastboot erase userdata
& then reflash it

Top Liked Posts