[RECOVERY][TWRP-3.4.0-3] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 - SM-T280 (gtexswifi)

Search This thread

tdukazudon

Aug 26, 2016
Tokyo
Hello, how do you do?
I'm thankful for a wonderful effort!:)
Is pure aosp LMY47V put on by a build using this kernel source?

My first post.
My unskillful English, I'm sorry.

guppie11

Oct 25, 2010
Thank you for the guide.

Succesfully installed TWRP on my Galaxy Tab.

I do have an issue while flashing SU. When i try to flash the .zip file my TWRP reboots and it didn't do anything. By any change anyone here knows the reason because of this?

With kind regards,
Thomas

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
Hello, i had this tablet for a year and gave up on custom kernels and roms, but this thread gives me hope. Also tablet almost useless with 8gb internal memory, always full. So when you come to custom rom, i will gladly test it, i was a part of testing with the tinker edition that was debloated stock rom

Sacul86

Aug 27, 2017
Hi ive just tried this and have Magisk installed using the downloads in OP. I installed and opened manager, I have root but am getting safetynet failed: CTS Profile Mismatch. can I get over this?

fightingbeer

Jul 16, 2017
Hi mone, have a couple of questions for you which are unrelated to each other.

1. I got it working, all mastered. But If I do flash a second rom via ODIN, as discussed (sorry for the late reply!), then does that mean it becomes the primary ROM/firmware on the system? Will I be unable to use a Dualbooter app like Flashify to backup one and load the other at will from the home screen? I can get away with going into TWRP but it's quicker with a dualbooter.

2.) If I have two whatsapp accounts on two instances, how do I ensure that their backups etc. go into different folders and not the same? I'm thinking of using filemount to redirect the internal storage backup to the SD card, and having a different redirect for each account.

(I could use an app like SwitchMe but I want to do something that I know has no chance of breaking the encryption, because I can see precisely what's going on as I'm doing it).

How can partitions be used for this sort of thing? I've heard the word being thrown around here - what role do they play in TWRP SD cards etc.?

Sorry these arre pretty disparate quetions, but they are relevant as they're exploring what you can do with this.

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
tiny.cc
As a gesture of appreciation for _mone's work on another device, I decided to modify his twrp repo and try a build of version 3.2.1-0 for the gtexswifi from my device tree:

twrp-3.2.1-0-gtexswifi.img
twrp-3.2.1-0-gtexswifi.tar

I don't have this tablet so I can't test it, but it if it gets stuck on the boot screen, simply re-flash version 3.1.1-0, but any feedback would be great. If it does work, I'll submit it for official support.

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
tiny.cc
@ripee your twrp stuck on boot logo

Can someone reupload twrp-3.1.1-0-_mone-gtexswifi.img ? On androidfilehosting error says:

OOPS!
no mirrors found.

twrp-3.2.1-0-gtexswifi.img
twrp-3.2.1-0-gtexswifi.tar

Try mine now. I re-built 3.2.1-0 with _mone's original android-6.0 branch with the bootable_recovery repo (the one that contains the actual twrp code) branch set to android-8.0, which corresponds to version 3.2.1-0.

If it works, I'll create a separate thread and submit it for official support.

Last edited:

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
tiny.cc
I noticed that my 3.2.1-0 build has been downloaded a number of times. Would anyone like to report some feedback about it please?

vayavalla

Jan 24, 2012
I noticed that my 3.2.1-0 build has been downloaded a number of times. Would anyone like to report some feedback about it please?
I just tried it. I installed it via previous TWRP and now it won't boot. That's why I didn't wanted to try it before, when I had no time... Hope I can recover it...

Edit: I also tried the .tar version with odin with same result.

Just installed 3.1.1 version and all fine again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ripee

fightingbeer

Jul 16, 2017
I have a question - I want to be able to switch from one instance to another from the tablet's main screen while it is on, like multiboot. No dualbooter app I've found works.. I have a few instances backed up from where I managed to get TWRP etc. working, but I would prefer to do it via screen because it is quicker than going into recovery mode etc.. Pleasebear in mind I am a noob - can I use ODIN to flash a new rom as a secondary? I'm worried about using odin in case I can't and it resets everything. Can I avoid all that and just use one of the backups on my sd card?

NekoShinigami

Feb 19, 2015
TWRP 3.2.3-0

twrp-3.2.3-0-gtexswifi.img
twrp-3.2.3-0-gtexswifi.tar

Perhaps this will work better than my previous effort from a few months ago? I used _mone's own android-6.0 device tree.

Bootloader
T280XXU0AQL1.tar

You might as well update it while you're trying out the new TWRP :D Use Odin's "AP" button.

Please check the links and I would be glad to test it for you this weekend. I just tried downloading and I got a google drive error saying the files didn't exist.
I am having trouble with the Magisk build and I need an app to be a system app but TiBu is getting stuck on converting it, so I may just try to pull the Rom if I get a free weekend and do it the old-fashioned way lol.
unless someone has already made Roms for this tablet, honestly I didn't check.

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
tiny.cc
Please check the links and I would be glad to test it for you this weekend. I just tried downloading and I got a google drive error saying the files didn't exist.
I am having trouble with the Magisk build and I need an app to be a system app but TiBu is getting stuck on converting it, so I may just try to pull the Rom if I get a free weekend and do it the old-fashioned way lol.
unless someone has already made Roms for this tablet, honestly I didn't check.

I took down the files because my twrp builds don't work.

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
Thread updated with TWRP-3.2.3-0.
Also updated root instructions, it's no more required to flash a separated boot.img after flashing the root method. Just flash Magisk-v18.1 and install MagiskManager afterwards.
Tested on SM-T280 running T280XXS0ARJ2 firmware.

EDIT:
Nevermind the root part.. Magisk flashes correctly and it says that it's installed but I'm not able to gain root access atm. Looking into it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.4.0-3 for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 - SM-T280 (gtexswifi)

Code:
    ***Disclaimer*** 
    All flashing is done at your own risk!
    While nothing from this thread should break your device,
    don't come back here blaming anyone if it does!

Always backup your current ROM (and/or keep stock firmware close by) before flashing.

Big thanks to @ashyx and @jedld for the amazing work done for this device.

Installation Instructions
    • If you don't have a custom recovery:
    - Download twrp-3.4.0-3-_mone-gtexswifi.tar
    - Reboot your tablet in download mode (power+vol-down+home) and connect it to your pc
    - Using ODIN load the downloaded file to the AP slot and press start
    - As soon the tablet start to reboot hold vol-up and home (don't let it reboot to system)
    - Now you should see TWRP-3.4.0-3
    • If you already have a custom recovery:
    - Download twrp-3.4.0-3-_mone-gtexswifi.img
    - Reboot into recovery mode
    - Flash the downloaded img in the recovery partition
    - Reboot the recovery, now you should see TWRP-3.4.0-3

If you require "root", just download Magisk (v18.1 as of February 2019) and flash it with twrp. You may need to install MagiskManager afterwards. No extra steps required.

Old root instructions:
    ROOT Instructions
    These methods have been tested on samsung's T280XXU0AQA4 firmware

• SuperSU v2.82:
    - Download SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822 and T280XXU0AQA4-SuperSU-v2.82-boot.img
    - Move the downloaded files to tablet's internal/external sdcard
    - Flash SuperSU
    - Flash "T280XXU0AQA4-SuperSU-v2.82-boot.img" into boot partition
    - Reboot, now you should be rooted
    • Magisk v12.0:
    - Download Magisk-v12.0.zip, T280XXU0AQA4-Magisk-v12.0-boot.img and MagiskManager-v4.3.3.apk
    - Flash Magisk-v12.0.zip
    - Flash "T280XXU0AQA4-Magisk-v12.0-boot.img" into boot partition
    - Reboot
    - Install MagiskManager-v4.3.3.apk
    - Done
    - Do not update Magisk and/or MagiskManager
    • Old methods:
    • SuperSU v2.79:
    - Download SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip and aqa4-gtexswifi-SU279sr3.img
    - Flash SuperSu
    - Flash "aqa4-gtexswifi-SU279sr3.img" into boot partition
    - Reboot, now you should be rooted
    • Magisk v11.6 (currently working only with SuperSU):
    - Follow every step to install SuperSU
    - Open SuperSU app and make sure you are rooted (let it disable knox is a good idea)
    - Download Magisk-v11.6.zip and aqa4-gtexswifi-SU279sr3-Mag116.img
    - Flash Magisk
    - Flash "aqa4-gtexswifi-SU279sr3-Mag116.img" into boot partition
    - Reboot, open and update MagiskManager, grant it root permission
    - Done

Useful links:
    TWRP: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/
    Device Tree: https://github.com/underscoremone/android_device_samsung_gtexswifi
    SuperSU: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu
    Magisk: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk
    I've updated twrp to 3.1.0-1
    Nothing major just some little changes in the device tree.. before I was using sc8830 for the board name (chip), but the actual name is SC7730SW and the platform is sc8830. This should be the definitive build until major updates in the twrp source.
    Thread updated with Magisk-v12.0.
    No need to flash SuperSU with this version.
    SafetyNet Passed (see 1st attached picture). :good:
    If you reboot and open MagiskManager straight you'll probably get "Not rooted" error (see 2nd attached picture); just close the app, wait a bit, reopen it and everything should be ok.
    @_mone just one question. Are you planning/trying to make a custom ROM also for tm-280?

I really hope so. Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-T280 mediante Tapatalk

Yes, I've already started.. but unfortunately I don't have much free time lately so it won't be ready soon.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone