• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.2 | Unihertz Jelly 2

Search This thread

Meetoul

Nov 3, 2013
@karoooo

Actually, what I did is patched "cmp w9, #0x2" to "cmp w9, #0x0". Also, since there are different touch panels with different drivers, tpd_i2c_probe function may be defined multiple times in kernel, so may need to patch several functions. In my case it was 2 drivers, so I patches kernel in 2 places.

Could you please provide symbl.txt collected from your device on JP kernel, so I can find addresses of tpd_i2c_probe functions and try to patch the kernel?

I flashed JP FW and tried to collect it by myself, but my TEE Jelly is not booting after patching boot.img for root access....

karoooo

Aug 10, 2021
@Meetoul
Thank you for teaching me your technique!
I've patched "get_boot_mode" in the past, but it failed.
Today I patched "tpd_i2c_probe" and it was successful.

There were also two tpd_i2c_probe in symbl.txt of Jelly2_JP.
Code:
$ grep tpd_i2c_probe symbl.txt
ffffff9ee8a5e150 t tpd_i2c_probe
ffffff9ee8a663b4 t tpd_i2c_probe

When Android 11 for Jelly2_JP is released, I will try this method and report it.

@kendzhi
I got Jelly2_JP from Kickstarter.
Therefore, my Jelly2_JP was shipped before the latest Andorid 10 update.

Attachments

• symbl.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

Meetoul

Nov 3, 2013
@karoooo

I hope you will be able to boot recovery on based on Android 11 binaries :)

Because currently it seems quite a challenge for me.

karoooo

Aug 10, 2021
@Meetoul
As the Android version goes up, the restrictions become more stringent.
If it's difficult for my teacher, it means it's more difficult for me.
Even if it doesn't work on Android 11, a successful experience on Android 10 is my property.

The good news is that TWRP 3.6.0 has been released!

Reactions: zxczxc4

Meetoul

Nov 3, 2013
Hi guys,

Sorry for no updates for a long time, but still no good news...

It seems that something is really changed either in Unihertz binaries or in Android 11 recovery. I tried dozens of parameters combinations in BoardConfig.mk, but still no luck. If some of you guys have successful experience with running Android 11 based recovery on MT6771 or saw corresponding device tree, please share this sacred knowledge.

Btw, I used Jelly 2 with stock Android 11 and it worked like a charm for me. There are some bloat crap in firmware, but there is no problem to debloat stock FW via ADB.

JoachimO

Sep 12, 2019
Hi Meetoul,

bad news but thx for your work. I use your Android 11 beta Version.
How can I flash the original Version? Can I use the zip File from Unihertz with your TWRP?

thx

Gon112

Jun 28, 2021
Hi guys,

Sorry for no updates for a long time, but still no good news...

It seems that something is really changed either in Unihertz binaries or in Android 11 recovery. I tried dozens of parameters combinations in BoardConfig.mk, but still no luck. If some of you guys have successful experience with running Android 11 based recovery on MT6771 or saw corresponding device tree, please share this sacred knowledge.

Btw, I used Jelly 2 with stock Android 11 and it worked like a charm for me. There are some bloat crap in firmware, but there is no problem to debloat stock FW via ADB.
There is progress with twrp for android 11, very much waiting, I am still using with Android 10 just because it has twrp, and I have partition backup and install zip and img

Meetoul

Nov 3, 2013
Sorry guys, but there will be no updates from me...

My father liked the Jelly2 so much, so I presented it to him. But if some are working on the recovery or custom ROM for Jelly2 I'm ready to help in any possible way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install:

Unlock bootloader:
    1. Boot your device into the official OS.
    2. Go to Settings > About phone, tap the "build number" several times to enable developer settings.
    3. Go to Settings > System > Developer Settings, enable OEM unlocking and ADB debugging.
    4. Connect your phone to your PC and open a terminal or a command line window.
    5. Run adb reboot bootloader on your PC (there is no way to enter bootloader directly, only possible through adb).
    6. Once your device has finished booting run fastboot flashing unlock and comfirm unlock on device (THIS WILL WIPE ALL DATA!).
    7. Run fastboot reboot to reboot your device and now you should see an unlocked warning during boot screen.
    Disable AVB:
    1. Download vbmeta.img from the latest release page of your device.
    2. Connect your phone to your PC and open a terminal or a command line window.
    3. Run adb reboot bootloader on your PC to put your device in bootloader mode.
    4. Once your device has finished booting run fastboot flash --disable-verification --disable-verity vbmeta vbmeta.img
    5. Then run fastboot flash --disable-verification --disable-verity vbmeta_system vbmeta.img
    6. Also run fastboot flash --disable-verification --disable-verity vbmeta_vendor vbmeta.img
    Flash recovery image:
    1. Connect your phone to your PC and open a terminal or a command line window.
    2. Run adb reboot bootloader on your PC to put your device in bootloader mode.
    3. Once your device has finished booting run fastboot erase recovery. For some reason, image may be not actually flashed, even if fastboot reported success (at least over the stock recovery image), so in order make sure that the custom image is always flashed it's better to always erase the partition before flashing. After the erasing run fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    4. Run fastboot reboot and after the screen goes dark press volume up until you see the TWRP logo. Also you can type fastboot reboot recovery to boot to recovery mode immediately.
    Please note that booting in stock ROM will bring stock recovery back.

This recovery image is built using binaries from non-european (TEE) version of Jelly 2. Theoretically it should work on european (EEA). If it won't - contact me, I'll prepare an image based on EEA binaries.

Source code https://github.com/Meetoul/twrp_device_Unihertz_Jelly2
    Thanks!
    This fantastic!
    its work on EEA!
    I cannot seem to mount system as R/W with GSI image from https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases from within TWRP. I guess that's a more general problem, though :(

Any ideas?
    Dave you tried the latest release a suggested by Meetoul?

Thanks for this!
    I flashed this TWRP, then installed AOSP 11, v313 of this GSI: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases/tag/v313
    Things seem good, except:
    • the battery seems to drain a little quickly
    • no IR blaster (ZaZa remote does not recognize it)
    • TWRP cannot decrypt the phone's contents, so I cannot flash gapps.
    Is TWRP not able to decrypt because I'm using Android 11 and the TWRP was built for 10?
    Actually, data decryption on MTK SoCs is very painful thing. I'm still waiting for stable release of Android 11 from Unihertz, but they are in no hurry...

I know that beta 11 available. Unfortunately, I was not able to update using the official way. The bootloader was locked and the moment of updating, but probably the reason is that it was unlocked before (it possible to relock bootloader using SP Flash Tool). But I manager to fetch zip update package and install it via TWRP :) After that I even managed to make package for SP Flash Tool based on this package, so I can to flash pure FW without updating and have locked bootloader!

UPD. I see that Unihertz have published Android 11 SW package for SP Flash Tool on their Google Drive! Soon I will try to make recovery based on this package.
    @Meetoul
    Thank you for your response.
    Yes, yes, yes!
    I want to know your technique.
    Best Regards.
    Since Unihertz has released Android 11, I think that there is no sense to work on patching the old kernel.

Btw, now I'm working on TWRP based on Android 11 binaries from the latest FW, but no luck so far, it seems that kernel doesn't even start to boot...