• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Recovery] TWRP + CWM for TrekStor SurfTab Ventos 9.7 / rk3066

Search This thread

Jin^eLD

Nov 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

I compiled two recovery images for the TrekStor SurfTab Ventos 9.7 tablet (Rockchip / rk3066 based), both seem to work on my device but need more testing.

Currently I am cleaning up the patches and preparing them for review and I hope the changes that were required get merged upstream.

You will find those images here: http://www.deadlock.dhs.org/rk3066/progress.html

I use rkflashtool under Linux to flash (check your partition addresses! the below example works on my device):
Code:
rkflashtool w 0x00010000 0x00008000 < filename.img

I'd be happy to get feedback, I did some testing but I surely did not check everything, so let me know if I missed something or if something does not work as expected.

There is no warranty of any kind, it works for me but I'm not responsible if your device goes up in flames or stays dead forever.

Kind regards,
Jin

Last edited:

Shiftone

Feb 8, 2011
Hi

I've emailed you about the 10.1 image you released and its potential to work on a device I am currently developing on - the Sumvision Voyager 10.1".

TheSSJ

Feb 25, 2010
OnePlus Nord
Hi,
Even if this thread will be taken out from the dead i just wanted to express my thanks as your mkbootimg helped me identifying the problem why my rockchip pad didn't want to start the cwm recovery.

Thanks and its a pity you stopped hacking android :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

I compiled two recovery images for the TrekStor SurfTab Ventos 9.7 tablet (Rockchip / rk3066 based), both seem to work on my device but need more testing.

Currently I am cleaning up the patches and preparing them for review and I hope the changes that were required get merged upstream.

You will find those images here: http://www.deadlock.dhs.org/rk3066/progress.html

I use rkflashtool under Linux to flash (check your partition addresses! the below example works on my device):
    Code:
    rkflashtool w 0x00010000 0x00008000 < filename.img

I'd be happy to get feedback, I did some testing but I surely did not check everything, so let me know if I missed something or if something does not work as expected.

There is no warranty of any kind, it works for me but I'm not responsible if your device goes up in flames or stays dead forever.

Kind regards,
    Jin