[RECOVERY] TWRP D802/ATT/VZW (2.6.3.3) F320k [AUTO][ZIP] TMO [ZIP][2.6.3.2]

Search This thread

Heatshiver

Dec 29, 2010
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY NEGATIVE IMPACTS OR CONSEQUENCES ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU SO CHOOSE TO USE THIS GUIDE.

This is primarily for D802 users. However, people with other variants have had some issues and asked for help, so I have added some files here to help them as well.

PREREQUESITES
1) You must be rooted.
2) Then download one of the following files:

• IMG
  • Download the D802 img file here.
  • Download the AT&T img file here.
  • Download the VZW img file here.
    AUTO
  • Download the automated D802 file here.
  • Download the automated AT&T file here.
  • Download the automated VZW file here.
    ZIP
  • Download the ZIP if flashing from a different TWRP version, or CWM: D802, AT&T, VZW
NOTE: If USB-OTG does not seem to be working on TWRP 2.6.3.3, please revert to 2.6.3.2. if this feature is needed.

Themes - Samurai Champloo
Download the theme itself here.
Download the Flashable ZIP of the theme here.
Download the Flashable D802 TWRP 2.6.3.3 and theme here.

• Download the D802 img file here, or the latest official software F320K img file here.
  • Download the automated D802 file here, or the latest automated official software F320K file here.
  • Download the ZIP if flashing from a different TWRP version, or CWM: D802, F320K, TMO, VZW
INSTALLATION

Auto-Method
1) Extract the contents of the RAR file.
2) Double-click "Install.bat".
3) Prompt will open, click any button to proceed.
4) RSA Fingerprint message will appear on the phone (accept).
5) After installation procedure, type "y" and press enter to reboot into recovery!

1st Manual Method: Initiate ADB and use the following code.

Code:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]REPLACE "XXX" WITH THE ACTUAL IMG NAME! DO NOT TYPE THE ORANGE WRITING![/COLOR]

adb push XXX.img /data/local/tmp/XXX.img

adb shell
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]IF YOU DONT SEE A # prompt, type su to get it.[/COLOR]
cd /data/local/tmp

dd if=/data/local/tmp/XXX.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Be sure to replace "data/local/tmp" with the actual place your img is stored.[/COLOR]

exit

adb reboot recovery

2nd Manual Method: Place the img on your phone, then use a terminal emulator app with the following code.

Code:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]REPLACE "XXX" WITH THE ACTUAL IMG NAME! DO NOT TYPE THE ORANGE WRITING![/COLOR]

su

dd if=/data/local/tmp/XXX.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
[COLOR="DarkOrange"](Be sure to replace "data/local/tmp" with the actual place your img is stored.)[/COLOR]

Optional Method: If you want to run some safety checks first, use loki [method here as first option].

INSTALL THEME MANUALLY
1) Connect your phone to your PC.
2) Go into your "internal storage" (internal SD card).
3) Find and open the TWRP folder.
4) Add a folder called "theme".
5) Place the ui.zip into the "theme" folder.

ENTER RECOVERY
Method 1: Hold the power button + volume down button until the LG image appears. Once it does let go of the buttons then immediately push and hold them again until recovery boots.
NOTE: The method above will arrive at the "hard reset" area, but when choosing hard reset, it will take you to TWRP (without actually resetting).
Method 2: Download the free app "Rebooter" from Google Play. If you have root, you will be able to select to reboot into recovery (among other options).

SLOW WIPE CACHE FIX
1) Once in TWRP, go into Settings.
2) Check off the box, "Use rm -rf instead of formatting."
3) Go back and now go into Wipe.
4) Wipe Cache (or another option with wiping cache).

Credit: Credit goes to Dees_Troy and wolfgart, djrbliss who made all recoveries for this phone possible, WACOMalt for his steps, and thecubed for his auto-install code.

USB-OTG
  • To access USB-OTG devices, go into the desired area (Install, Backup, or Restore). Select "Internal Storage" at the top. Press your USB-OTG device. It may take a second to show as selected on the screen. Once selected, press OK.
  • If your device does not show up, you can first try going to Mount and check off the USB-OTG box. If it doesn't allow you to check the box, then it doesn't support that device.
NOTE: It may not work with OTG cables and USB devices...

MISC.
  • Folder Name - There is an "issue" with the date and time [1970]. This issue is reflected in the backup folder names. There are two options to change a backup folder name:
    1. Go into recovery and select Restore. Select the folder you wish to rename. There should now be an option to change the backup folder name.
    2. Go into your TWRP folder by connecting to a PC or using a file explorer and change the backup folder name.
  • Time Zone - The time zone may be wrong but can be changed in Settings.

SUPPORT
Please check previous posts to see if your question has been answered prior to posting (there is a good chance it has).
  • Please always include with whether you are rooted or not.
  • Please always include the variant you are using.
  • Please always include the method you used.
  • Please always explain what happened in as much detail as possible.
  • Anything else that may be relevant.
Otherwise, you might have to wait for others to help you...

Last edited:

Michael77500

Mar 31, 2012
Paris
Thank you ! Flash successfull on my D802. :)

But when I want to wipe cache + dalvik cache, it stay on "wipe cache", it's normal issue ?

Heatshiver

Dec 29, 2010
I'm on a Recovery Loop. Selected Reboot > System and it keeps rebooting to TWRP.
Used Flashify btw.

Did you have a recovery before this installed? If so, what recovery? Did you have a good WiFi connection when you downloaded the file (i.e @home, @restaurant, etc.)? Did you try any other methods before flashify?

This should be fixable in either case. If you have a backup from before, I suggest restoring. If not, then you may have to follow this guide to unbrick your phone.

Oddly enough, I'll be in Singapore tomorrow, but I won't be able to reply until late night.

Last edited:

m0ngstr0us

Sep 23, 2011
Singapore
Did you have a recovery before this installed? If so, what recovery? Did you have a good WiFi connection when you downloaded the file (i.e @home, @restaurant, etc.)? Did you try any other methods before flashify?

This should be fixable in either case. If you have a backup from before, I suggest restoring. If not, then you may have to follow this guide to unbrick your phone.

Oddly enough, I'll be in Singapore tomorrow, but I won't be able to reply until late night.

Heya! Restoring as we speak. :) Home networks pretty stable.
Currently downloading the firmware. I can see that the system was not mounted on TWRP. Hence the Recovery bootloop.
Jumped from the Samsung era, gosh I didnt know LG doesnt have much support.
Once back up, bahhh imma just remain stock till more Devs pops up.

Cheers man.

Heatshiver

Dec 29, 2010
Heya! Restoring as we speak. :) Home networks pretty stable.
Currently downloading the firmware. I can see that the system was not mounted on TWRP. Hence the Recovery bootloop.
Jumped from the Samsung era, gosh I didnt know LG doesnt have much support.
Once back up, bahhh imma just remain stock till more Devs pops up.

Cheers man.

Feel free to try CWM, it's much easier to install, and also has a touch-interface.

Reactions: m0ngstr0us

chronicfathead

Mar 23, 2008
Sleaford, Lincs
I travel to the airport in 4 hours, no rest for the wicked!

Just want to check the link is still up, as i'm getting a dead page on the file.

Edit: Ignore the above, i couldnt get online at all. Rebooted and now all ok. Used Flashify to backup original and then flash TWRP.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Reactions: moonlights95

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY NEGATIVE IMPACTS OR CONSEQUENCES ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU SO CHOOSE TO USE THIS GUIDE.

This is primarily for D802 users. However, people with other variants have had some issues and asked for help, so I have added some files here to help them as well.

PREREQUESITES
    1) You must be rooted.
    2) Then download one of the following files:

• IMG
    • Download the D802 img file here.
    • Download the AT&T img file here.
    • Download the VZW img file here.
      AUTO
    • Download the automated D802 file here.
    • Download the automated AT&T file here.
    • Download the automated VZW file here.
      ZIP
    • Download the ZIP if flashing from a different TWRP version, or CWM: D802, AT&T, VZW
    NOTE: If USB-OTG does not seem to be working on TWRP 2.6.3.3, please revert to 2.6.3.2. if this feature is needed.

Themes - Samurai Champloo
    Download the theme itself here.
    Download the Flashable ZIP of the theme here.
    Download the Flashable D802 TWRP 2.6.3.3 and theme here.

• Download the D802 img file here, or the latest official software F320K img file here.
    • Download the automated D802 file here, or the latest automated official software F320K file here.
    • Download the ZIP if flashing from a different TWRP version, or CWM: D802, F320K, TMO, VZW
    INSTALLATION

Auto-Method
    1) Extract the contents of the RAR file.
    2) Double-click "Install.bat".
    3) Prompt will open, click any button to proceed.
    4) RSA Fingerprint message will appear on the phone (accept).
    5) After installation procedure, type "y" and press enter to reboot into recovery!

1st Manual Method: Initiate ADB and use the following code.

Code:

adb push XXX.img /data/local/tmp/XXX.img

adb shell
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]IF YOU DONT SEE A # prompt, type su to get it.[/COLOR]
    cd /data/local/tmp

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Be sure to replace "data/local/tmp" with the actual place your img is stored.[/COLOR]

exit

adb reboot recovery

2nd Manual Method: Place the img on your phone, then use a terminal emulator app with the following code.

Code:

su

[COLOR="DarkOrange"](Be sure to replace "data/local/tmp" with the actual place your img is stored.)[/COLOR]

Optional Method: If you want to run some safety checks first, use loki [method here as first option].

INSTALL THEME MANUALLY
    1) Connect your phone to your PC.
    2) Go into your "internal storage" (internal SD card).
    3) Find and open the TWRP folder.
    4) Add a folder called "theme".
    5) Place the ui.zip into the "theme" folder.

ENTER RECOVERY
    Method 1: Hold the power button + volume down button until the LG image appears. Once it does let go of the buttons then immediately push and hold them again until recovery boots.
    NOTE: The method above will arrive at the "hard reset" area, but when choosing hard reset, it will take you to TWRP (without actually resetting).
    Method 2: Download the free app "Rebooter" from Google Play. If you have root, you will be able to select to reboot into recovery (among other options).

SLOW WIPE CACHE FIX
    1) Once in TWRP, go into Settings.
    2) Check off the box, "Use rm -rf instead of formatting."
    3) Go back and now go into Wipe.
    4) Wipe Cache (or another option with wiping cache).

Credit: Credit goes to Dees_Troy and wolfgart, djrbliss who made all recoveries for this phone possible, WACOMalt for his steps, and thecubed for his auto-install code.

USB-OTG
    • To access USB-OTG devices, go into the desired area (Install, Backup, or Restore). Select "Internal Storage" at the top. Press your USB-OTG device. It may take a second to show as selected on the screen. Once selected, press OK.
    • If your device does not show up, you can first try going to Mount and check off the USB-OTG box. If it doesn't allow you to check the box, then it doesn't support that device.
    NOTE: It may not work with OTG cables and USB devices...

MISC.
    • Folder Name - There is an "issue" with the date and time [1970]. This issue is reflected in the backup folder names. There are two options to change a backup folder name:
      1. Go into recovery and select Restore. Select the folder you wish to rename. There should now be an option to change the backup folder name.
      2. Go into your TWRP folder by connecting to a PC or using a file explorer and change the backup folder name.
    • Time Zone - The time zone may be wrong but can be changed in Settings.

SUPPORT
    Please check previous posts to see if your question has been answered prior to posting (there is a good chance it has).
    • Please always include with whether you are rooted or not.
    • Please always include the variant you are using.
    • Please always include the method you used.
    • Please always explain what happened in as much detail as possible.
    • Anything else that may be relevant.
    Otherwise, you might have to wait for others to help you...
    I'm on a Recovery Loop. Selected Reboot > System and it keeps rebooting to TWRP.
    Used Flashify btw.

@Heatshiver here the source of d802

https://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=NAME&search=d802

I hope in a new recovery for d802 compatible on KitKat......thank you

Auzz adda v'daje!
    Where did you downloaded the 2.7.0.0? Is is for d802 too? Would be great if you can post a link! :)

And yes, we all have the time/date issue. Its common and stated in OP.;)

Found it here :

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/g2d802
    I don't recall the exact time, but I would say at least 10 minutes.