[RECOVERY] [TWRP] [FLASHIFY] Quick & easy!

Did this method work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

eelektro

Sep 27, 2010
I guess nothing works for me ehh ... Im without recovery :D don't ask me how.. and I have no idea how to get it back

bapu

Jul 12, 2007
I have twrp 2.8.0.0 on my at&t note 2 and would like to install twrp 2.7.2.2 on it. Can I used flashify to do it? Do I need .img file or .zip file? Noob here.

artssa

Feb 14, 2013
Guys, I have Stock KK 4.4 (only rooted) and I want to install TWRP recovery so I'll be able to flash a custom rom.

Do I need to first install FreeGee, because it (beside the TWRP installation) unlocks the bootloader and bypasses LG security OR can I just install Flashify and flash TWRP recovery?

Thanks.

charlypaez

Sep 26, 2013
Good afternoon friends... Is necessary reboot the device then of flash any IMG with flashify?

My problem is this: I flash any IMG with flashify and then the app give me the option for reboot.. I click reboot and starts my problems.. My device stopped in bootlogo.. I have tried a lot times and I have ever the same problem... Any suggestions? I'll appreciate your help!

S6 Edge SM-G925i, Telcel, México.

cruzler

Jul 6, 2010
Hi guys,

I have this twrp_recovery.zip, which way I should install it? By chosing 'zip file'? Or I just install it by recovery img, and force it?

Thanks! :D

heran

May 27, 2016
not working for me :( i did the same thing and i encountered black screen after reboot.. using lg d802

ARDV

Apr 6, 2012
i've used flashify to flash the recovery to d800 but when adb reboot recovery it just reboot the system and doesnt take me to recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROOTED USERS ONLY
    I am not responsible for bricked devices.

TWRP: Download the img for your device HERE
    via @ WACOMalt

Download Flashify from Google Play HERE

1. Under the FLASH tab using the Flashify app click Recovery Image.
    2. Find the img file you just downloaded for your specific device.
    3. Click on the img file then you will be prompted with a Flash Recovery? screen.
    4. Click YUP if you would like to continue with the flash or MAYBE NOT... if you chose the wrong file or have changed your mind.
    5. If you chose to continue flashing you will see a working box which says Flashing...
    6. A box which says Flash Completed will show after flash is complete.
    7. Click Reboot Now.
    Done!

Formatting Cache delay fix
    Tick Use rm -rf instead of formatting in the settings menu of TWRP.

Tested on T-Mobile D801 using img 2.6.3.2

120kz1v.png
    Installing the recovery should not wipe anything on your phone until you go Into the recovery and choose to wipe it.

You can boot into recovery and then continue on to your stock based ROM as much as you word like.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
    THIS METHOD DOES NOT WORK!!
    you will have a black screen and no recovery DO NOT ATTEMPT>

AT&T users dont do it.

Really not needed, to post in this manner. Just because it did not work for you does not mean it will not for others...

And actually I am a AT&T User LG-D800 and it work just fine for my device, did you have the correct img file.

another problem ive encountered is that once you use flashify to install recovery it does not boot into recovery at all. it boots into a black screen.
    freegee boots into recovery also but you cant change versions of twrp. its at 2.6.3.0 and you cant install the 2.6.3.3 zip. tried numerous times and it fails.

As stated it work for me, I utilized the app and installed recovery TWRP and I booted into it and updated the TWRP with the zip.

Keep in mind there has been issues with using the app, BUT there is warnings as with all tweaking/rooting/flashing......
    Guys is there a difference between using this and using Freegee from the Playstore which ive already done. If this way is better how do i undo the Freegee, do i just uninstall it as TWRP already exists on my phone.

You don't need to worry. They are different ways of arriving at the same destination.

Just uninstall Freegee.
    ROOTED USERS ONLY
    I am not responsible for bricked devices.

TWRP: Download the img for your device HERE
    via @ WACOMalt

A week ago I've tied to update TWRP for 2.6.3.3 to 2.7.0 using Flashify on my D802.
    The download kept failing again and again, and I've tried many times in 24 hours. On first times after app started, (right after a reboot) it said file corrupted, and on the tries right after the download no even started.
    Eventually I've downloaded TWRP 2.7.0 from here, and extracted recovery.img from the zip, and used flashify to flash it. - Worked flawlessly.

Maybe it's intended to work this way. But if so, the option to download latest TWRP in Flashify should be removed, because its confusing.
    Just letting you know.

thank you for this app.