[RECOVERY] TWRP For Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F One UI 3.0 DUB1 Android 11

Search This thread

marquesp

Mar 20, 2019
Too using refined in Brazilian
Também estou usando refined
No momento na minha avaliação é a melhor opção de Rom para nosso aparelho
Too few Rom's I'd say... If it were a flagship model there would be at least 5 or 6...
GSI always lacks a vendor specific partition due to the hardware specifics... I never go there... so this is really the only and best option for stock based A51 custom Roms.

Reactions: hacker812c

antuanix46

Sep 22, 2017
Things got even worse, the OEM unlock option disappeared from developer options area, I locked the bootloader again and now
Now I can't unlock the bootloader nor the option to unlock it is there

I'm stuck with stock android

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Things got even worse, the OEM unlock option disappeared from developer options area, I locked the bootloader again and now

From what I recall, in some Samsung devices, at some point in time, you had to be connected to the Internet (e.g. via wifi) for a given amount of time (… up to a week or more !!! 😱 ) before being able to see the OEM unlock option again.

See for instance this : https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/No-quot-Unlock-OEM-quot/td-p/876065
(I haven't even fully read the article, but you get the idea)

antuanix46

Sep 22, 2017
From what I recall, in some Samsung devices, at some point in time, you had to be connected to the Internet (e.g. via wifi) for a given amount of time (… up to a week or more !!! 😱 ) before being able to see the OEM unlock option again.

See for instance this : https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/No-quot-Unlock-OEM-quot/td-p/876065
(I haven't even fully read the article, but you get the idea)
Thanks for the tip

This looks like xiaomi's wait time, pretty awful in both cases

Zep0th

Feb 7, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 9
encryption disable flashes, then i wipe, format data but when i go to flash Magisk, i get an error. "invalid zip file format"

EDIT: After trying Magisk 22.0, it worked.

Last edited:

droidnew

Jul 24, 2010
Valdosta GA
Microsoft Surface Duo 2

This happened to me too. I followed this guide and it works to get the OEM unlock toggle back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Assalom-o-Alaikum!
    How to Root and Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F Android 11 – Build number DUB1 – Android security patch level: February 1, 2021. The TWRP version is 3.5.0 developed and brought to you by ianmacd@XDA senior developer and figured by Hendra Manudinata. You need installed TWRP for rooting or installing custom rom. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

Downloads
    • Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
    • Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
    • Make sure the bootloader are unlocked.
    • Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin
    • Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers
    • Download Latest Magisk and Magisk Manager
    • Download Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar
    • Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
    Flashing TWRP on Galaxy A51 DUB1 firmware Android 11 :
    1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
    2. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
    3. Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
    4. Flashing Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
    5. TWRP is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
    6. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Don’t remove USB Cable, let it connected. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
    7. Select Install – Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
    8. Select Wipe -> Format data, type ‘yes’ and confirm
    9. Select Install – Magisk Magisk-v21.2.zip or latest, Swipe to confirm Flash (Rooting)
    10. Select Reboot to System
    11. Setup the phone, Done!
    Rooting Instructions
    1. Connect the Phone to Internet
    2. Open Magisk Manager ( If you can not see it, just wait for a moment)
    3. Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
    Watch this video:

Credit:
    1. @ianmacd
    2. @hendramanu
    3. @redymedan
    Assalom-o-Alaikum!
    How to Root and Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F Android 11 – Build number DUB1 – Android security patch level: February 1, 2021. The TWRP version is 3.5.0 developed and brought to you by ianmacd@XDA senior developer and figured by Hendra Manudinata. You need installed TWRP for rooting or installing custom rom. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

Downloads
    • Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
    • Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
    • Make sure the bootloader are unlocked.
    • Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin
    • Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers
    • Download Latest Magisk and Magisk Manager
    • Download Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar
    • Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
    Flashing TWRP on Galaxy A51 DUB1 firmware Android 11 :
    1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
    2. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
    3. Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
    4. Flashing Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
    5. TWRP is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
    6. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Don’t remove USB Cable, let it connected. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
    7. Select Install – Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
    8. Select Wipe -> Format data, type ‘yes’ and confirm
    9. Select Install – Magisk Magisk-v21.2.zip or latest, Swipe to confirm Flash (Rooting)
    10. Select Reboot to System
    11. Setup the phone, Done!
    Rooting Instructions
    1. Connect the Phone to Internet
    2. Open Magisk Manager ( If you can not see it, just wait for a moment)
    3. Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
    Watch this video:

Credit:
    1. @ianmacd
    2. @hendramanu
    3. @redymedan

Thenks for your work🔥
    Bingo!
    @Mohd Masab @irajawi-fadif
    You have an error in the steps and in the video:
    YOU NEED TO REPEAT STEP 7 AGAIN AFTER STEP 9 (!!!)
    You need to flash Disable_verity twice! before and right after all zips!
    so after flashing Magisk (step 9) Repeat step 7.
    Without that YOU CANNOT ACCESS phone data from recovery (only from system boot)
    And YOU CANNOT BACKUP from recovery (data is encrypted)

You can see this method also in this guide:
    TWRP on galaxy M51
    Please fix it also in the video!
    Thank you.
    tzahik1.
    Thank you.
    If you can, please check why sideload on TWRP recovery (Advanced--->ADB Sideload)
    is not working
    (I know this twrp was intended for Android 10 but still...)
    If it worked, you don't need external SD card to flash all the zips...
    Thanks
    This TWRP is not for Android 10, this is developed for Android 11. You can not use ADB on Samsung Galaxy device in TWRP. need or not SD Card it depends on what you want to do.
    Great work, Thanks! But after flashing A11+ TWRP and it's working, but i cannot access files of phone from recovery. I see all files Name mingled and encrypted, both from pc (when phone at TWRP recovery) and from TWRP itself. I'll upload pics. Can you help?
    148610119_819227022138021_539783590210384462_n.png

148774628_915032435928116_5421252825528895891_n.png
    And i see also i cannot backup:

148669871_1539034053153980_8468389044609086322_n.jpg

Do you have good working TWRP for A51 for A11 ?
    Thanks very much for your work!
    I think you need this https://xdaforums.com/t/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-disk-quota-disabler-11-2-2020.3817389/