[Recovery] TWRP LG H872 (Unofficial)

Search This thread

beany23

Jan 15, 2015
Works like a charm. No issues here, thanks bro.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Also this recovery also fixes the error messages apon flashing mods and what not

Reactions: Ken C

runningnak3d

Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2010
Largo
@KAsp3rd W00T -- glad to see that you built this.

The new version of the lafsploit will be out later today, and with it you can use any recovery your want. It handles all the hash verifications internally. It is about as automated as I can make it.

It will be:

./flash-h918-laf.py # Flashes the h918 laf without the need of LG UP, so no brick risks if people aren't paying attention
./root-h872.sh <recovery.img> # If specified, it will use the recovery.img passed, if not, then it will use this version which will be included in the repo
./post-root.sh # This takes care of all the final steps.

So three commands, and that is it. If I could force a reboot back into download mode, it would be one command, but a reboot into download mode is required between each command..

-- Brian

agmyers76259

Feb 17, 2010

The new version of the lafsploit will be out later today, and with it you can use any recovery your want. It handles all the hash verifications internally. It is about as automated as I can make it.

It will be:

./flash-h918-laf.py # Flashes the h918 laf without the need of LG UP, so no brick risks if people aren't paying attention
./root-h872.sh <recovery.img> # If specified, it will use the recovery.img passed, if not, then it will use this version which will be included in the repo

So three commands, and that is it. If I could force a reboot back into download mode, it would be one command, but a reboot into download mode is required between each command..

-- Brian

Any idea when this might be ready good sir? I am not in a good place right now with my G6, could really use these commands---stuck in TWRP and can boot a rom, but somehow didnt follow your Step 3 in the Root guide, and my misc.img didnt get moved over, thus I have a rom that cannot connect to Wifi due to lack of MAC--this update would be huge, as I would go back to stock and restart this mess.

TIA

runningnak3d

Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2010
Largo
That won't help you now. Hopefully you still have the backup of your misc partition that was made in step 2. If so, boot to TWRP, and run:

adb push misc.img /sdcard/
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc

-- Brian

Reactions: KAsp3rd

arandom

Apr 29, 2018
Opemilekan's method actually worked, had to flash supersu then used flashify to flash h872 twrp. thanks for the response man

I used flashify and was promted for a decryption password upon booting recovery. Am I doing something wrong?

(Note that I can still access storage on the original download mode twrp, but not on this one)

Last edited:

IshsXda

Sep 24, 2017
Stupid question I think, but I get a "Traceback (most recent call last):" after entering ./partitions.py --restoremisc twrp-3.2.1-0-h870.img .

Is there a specific place to put the TWRP ing file ? I think when I run the command its not finding the img.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It will be:

-- Brian
    Download
    v3.2.1-0

Sauce: Github

Fixed /system mounting issues

let me know if you have any issues and I will do what I can to fix them.

Credit: @Josh1x for having the h870 device tree put together for me to clone and update. I will fix the original author on my master branch as soon as I get some time
    It is as automated as it is going to get for the foreseeable future.

My packet dumps for writing signed partitions match my dumps from LG UP, but for some unknown reason, I still can not write.

So, to get h918 laf you have to use LG UP.

-- Brian
    Works like a charm. No issues here, thanks bro.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Also this recovery also fixes the error messages apon flashing mods and what not