[Recovery][TWRP] Mi 8 Lite Special Edition TWRP-3.2.3 [10/3]

Search This thread

Civilke

Aug 27, 2020
Link doen't work, please help

Hi, I want to download a TWRP for my mi 8 lite. The link seems not working, came back with 4error 404. Can you please help?

mikuzz

Aug 7, 2016
I update platina (Xiaomi 8 lite) with Lineage 18.1 (Android 11)

Data partition is encrypted and I tried all compatible recoveries that I found (maily Pitchblack, Orangebox and the TWRP linked before in this thread) but I wasn't able to decrypt the data partition to finally install img using recovery.
now I'm using Pitchblack 3.3.1-PB-v.2.9.0-Official

I also follow all suggestion written before (remove or change pin + boot + boot in fastboot + boot in recovery)

What I can do more? any suggestion or idea before wipe data and reinstall everything?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I update platina (Xiaomi 8 lite) with Lineage 18.1 (Android 11)

Data partition is encrypted and I tried all compatible recoveries that I found (maily Pitchblack, Orangebox and the TWRP linked before in this thread) but I wasn't able to decrypt the data partition to finally install img using recovery.
now I'm using Pitchblack 3.3.1-PB-v.2.9.0-Official

I also follow all suggestion written before (remove or change pin + boot + boot in fastboot + boot in recovery)

What I can do more? any suggestion or idea before wipe data and reinstall everything?
If flashing DM-verity doesn't decrypt it, then you need to format data (not wipe)

mikuzz

Aug 7, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_20211112_005846_100-01.jpeg
    IMG_20211112_005846_100-01.jpeg
    723.2 KB · Views: 108

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RECOVERY information:
    Name Version: Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Special Edition TWRP with modified optimizations
    package name: TWRP-3.2.3-XIAOMI8LITE- CN-wzsx150-fastboot.7z
    build time: 2018.10.03
    applicable models: Mi 8 Lite
    the compiler author: wzsx150
    micro-blog account: wzsx150
    team name: LR.Team

The optimizations/changes:

* Delete redundant languages, keep English, add Chinese language, default Chinese.
    * Modify the default configuration, for example, the default time zone is East Eight Zone, default screen brightness, default vibration, default 24 hours, default return button on the right, default Chinese and so on.
    * Modify the default configuration file path to reduce the possibility of conflicts with other people's compiled versions.
    * Adjust and optimize the Chinese text and description, and re-edit all the items one by one, which is more accurate, understandable and humanized. Also added display mtp enable off display, file operation result display, operation page title display, permission description when modifying permissions, etc. UI text display.
    * Modify the unlocking interface and adjust the height of the sliding unlocking bar, which can effectively prevent misoperation (the original unlocking bar and the operating unlocking bar are of the same height. When the unlocking is completed, the sliding may be repeated, and the corresponding action is directly operated).
    * Open more partition backup and restore, such as modern baseband partition, bootloader, persist, cust and other partitions, easy to backup the underlying files before brushing, can restore the underlying files after brushing.
    * Add .bin and .mbn format image files, so you don't need a zip brush package, you can write the underlying file. The original version only supports the brushing of .img format image files. (Be sure to pay attention to the selected partition!!!!)
    * Solve the problem of interface jam when using the simulation operation (the simulation operation is mainly for testing the theme, and no actual operation).
    * Add the manual installation root function in Advanced Options > root system. Add a display root system option on this basis for manual operation.
    * Added the ability to unenforce encryption, in advanced options > Unforce Encryption. You can remove the official system to force encryption and cancel the check.
    * Change the built-in root mode and add magisk as the default root mode.
    * Fixed button and button operations for some interfaces.
    * The adb/usb debug mode is enabled by default, which is convenient for operating the phone through the computer command line in rec mode.
    * MTP is enabled by default. In the rec state, you can also connect your phone to your computer to facilitate file copying.
    * Modify the logo interface, modify the header of the main interface page, and add the display phone model and team name, author name.
    * Fix some logical relationships and modify some interface displays.
    * Added remove root function
    * Added remove power-on password function
    * Added remove battery information function
    * Added signature boot function, requires system to have complete system, mainly to prevent official rec cover twrp
    * Increase recovery of official rec function, conditions are very demanding, must The official original system and boot, otherwise it can not be successfully executed

Download:
    TWRP Zip

TWRP IMG

How to install:

TWRP Zip can be flashed from other TWRP Versions

Fastboot just run .bat file to install it from fastboot mode

TWRP.img can be flashed manually from fastboot

all credits goes to @wzsx150, he built this TWRP

Source
    I searched this thread, but I can't see any updated versions. Can you please provide the link to where these were posted? Thanks.

If you read the OP the person who compiled this recovery I think only speks Chinese and does not post here. if you read the translated version of his Weibo account linked in the OP, he posts updates to his baidu drive. The files are a little difficult to download.

here are the files in my gdrive (be sure to remove the space):

https:// drive.google.com/drive/folders/1780TJvn-ZHPBtgDdNjrN8i9YRlqPy38v
    i think version 1203 newest than 0212, rite? :confused:

1203 is actually 181203, 0121 is 190121 and 0212 is 190212. See if you can spot which one is newer. ;)
    here are the files in my gdrive (be sure to remove the space):

https:// drive.google.com/drive/folders/1780TJvn-ZHPBtgDdNjrN8i9YRlqPy38v

Looks like there is a new build 0212, i've uploaded it to the gdrive.
    Sorry for bad english,,,can you tell me how step by step installing xiaomi.eu Rom? from global rom there is needed to clean instal?
    0. YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR FILES SO DO A BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS!!!
    1. Unlock phone bootloader
    1.1 Install ADB to your computer (https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979)
    1.2 Download all the files needed (Xiaomi.EU ROM (Stable or Weekly), TWRP zip and IMG)
    1.3 Place the IMG in the folder where ADB was installed
    1.4 Rename the recovery IMG to recovery.img
    1.5 Open CMD in the ADB folder
    1.6 Connect the phone to the PC
    1.7 Activate USB debugging (Options -> Developer Options -> USB debugging)
    1.8 Place the TWRP Zip and ROM in a place where they will not get wiped out (External SD card or copy them to the phone storage after wipe)
    2. Boot phone to bootloader
    3. Boot recovery from bootloader with ADB command (in the CMD type fastboot boot recovery.img)
    4. In the recovery wipe all (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, Cache and System -> Swipe to Wipe)
    5. Flash the ROM zip from Xiaomi.EU (Install -> Select ROM zip -> Swipe to confirm flash)
    6. Flash TWRP zip file (Install -> Select TWRP zip -> Swipe to confirm flash)
    6.1 Reboot to recovery and install Magisk (OPTIONAL) (Reboot -> Recovery) (Install -> Select Magisk zip -> Swipe to confirm flash)
    7. Boot to system (Reboot -> System)
    Done!
    That's what I did and works perfectly :D