• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Recovery][TWRP][OFFICIAL] for Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)

Search This thread

Manish4586

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2016
Agartala
Hi, we implemented twrp in custom roms so, you guys no longer need to install a separate twrp.zip

And about slot change fix its on progress and i am a bit/too lazy nvm ?

Manish4586

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2016
Agartala
Sorry, Did not noticed that 3.3.1.0 is officially available, actually I flashed the unofficial one build by nebrassy. Anyways coming to your point for permanent twrp on pie based stock rom, yes i installed permanent twrp(3.2.3.0) well before twrp was not included with rom. I even updated permanent twrp to unofficial one 3.3.1.0 few days back but now I see official one is available, I would try to upgrade it. A question to @Manish4586 , any difference between unofficial 3.3.1.0 and to yours official one?

Its same as we share same dt.
Maybe build author is different but we work together ?

e2vinay

Oct 28, 2011
Hi

Is decryption supported? if yes, can anyone provide link to that twrp file?

Thanks in advance

PS : JDL panel

Last edited:

mariosenta

Apr 25, 2011
Senta
Is there any way to have permanent twrp on pie? If I boot it with this command ``fastboot boot recovery.img`` it only boots, but it does not flash? Please, could somebody point me to right direction? :eek:
Btw, I`m using twrp 3.3.1-3
I just find a solution. flashed 3.3.1-3 zip recovery.

Last edited:

Aerobatic

Apr 24, 2014
...Cuz we don't have encrypted custom roms. So, i didn't updated
Thank You for your efforts.
But still ....
... in a couple of days we'll have new security update, and tens or hundreds or thousands of non-geek stock-ROM Mi A2 users will catch bootloop, and quite few of them will come here and ask "how can I save my precious data from semi-bricked phone ?", and most probably won't find any answer, cause will look towards Official TWRP.
Update:
Unofficial TWPR page with working Pie /data decryption created here.

Last edited:

Manish4586

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2016
Agartala
Thank You for your efforts.
But still ....
... in a couple of days we'll have new security update, and tens or hundreds or thousands of non-geek stock-ROM Mi A2 users will catch bootloop, and quite few of them will come here and ask "how can I save my precious data from semi-bricked phone ?", and most probably won't find any answer, cause will look towards Official TWRP.
Update:
Unofficial TWPR page with working Pie /data decryption created here.

i have working decryption pbrp. i was using custom so didnt updated official twrp will update later also i am busy wiith my daily life

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team's Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Cautious :-
    Quote:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's new in 3.1.1-0:

Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

What's new in 3.2.1-1:

* minui fixes (cryptomilk)
    * Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
    * Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
    * Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
    * Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

What's new in 3.2.0-0:

* Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
    * Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
    * Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
    * Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
    * Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
    * Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
    * Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
    * v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
    * Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
    * Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks

What's new in 3.3.0-0:

(Dees_Troy)
    Detect mkfs.f2fs version to properly format on f2fs partitions (Dees_Troy)
    Allow TWRP to use md5 and sha256 checksums for zip installs (bigbiff)
    TWRP can use /data/cache/recovery and /persist/cache/recovery on AB devices with no cache partition (bigbiff)
    Switch part of advanced menus in TWRP to use a listbox of options (Dees_Troy)
    Use magiskboot to allow repacking boot images for installing TWRP (Dees_Troy with thanks to topjohnwu of course)

What's new in 3.3.1-0:

* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
    * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
    * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
    * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
    * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff

Code:
    /*
    Whats Working?
    All paritions are mounting.
    Can change Slot A/Slot B on twrp.
    Add system_image mount point to flash system images.
    Fixed MTP and OTG issues.
    Fixed JDI Pannels issue on pie
    Added Pie Support.
    Fixed Pie permanent twrp.
    Added Pie decryption support. (thanks to @[URL="https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showuser=6362530"]d4e8ede8f1f2[/URL])
    Added Splash img support.
    */

Code:
    Flashing Commands:

fastboot boot recovery.img

Downloads :TeamWin

Created 2018-11-02
    Last Updated 2019-06-24
    Twrp now updated ?
    Hi, twrp will get an official update soon with jdi fix and new version tag.

Regards,
    Manish4586
    As soon as i am able to fix keymaster issue on pie permanent twrp it will be rolled out. There's a test version though but its only for testing purpose and limited to A2 Twrp chat group.
    TWRP modded for stock Pie December

@Manish4586

Stock december update won't boot into twrp, hangs or gives just a black screen.

This is because twrp is still running the android 8.1 kernel and is not compatible with stock Pie December update.

What I did to get it to boot:

Took offical twrp, unpacked it.
    Took stock December's Magisk patched_boot, unpacked it.
    Replaced the zImage (kernel) inside the unpacked twrp split_img folder with the one from the unpacked patched_ boot & renamed it.
    Repacked twrp with new zImage.

Bugs:

Same as official (encrypted /data not supported)

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q1Y4U1lXbpT2zhck-MYSp1nU5KPzE-AX