[RECOVERY] TWRP Official/Unofficial v3.6.2 A11/A12 Cheeseburger/Dumpling - 05 Aug 2022

Search This thread

Agret

Jun 9, 2010
Melbourne
I just flashed the latest v5 and was able to succesfully decrypt my 12.1 pin code locked userdata. Didn't have to do the troubleshooting steps of removing the fingerprint & screen lock first, great job on this! Hopefully your work can be upstreamed to the regular twrp as you've done a great job solving the issues with 12.1.

morfances

Jun 10, 2013
Rome
OnePlus 9
-I have recovery twrp-3.5.0_9-0-cheeseburger_dumpling, can I update via twrp to twrp_op5_op5t_3.6.2_12.1-test-v5.img or do I have to do it via fastboot? p.S My device is decrypted and I currently mount derpfest A12.1

faoliveira

May 28, 2013
Aracaju
Just installed Looks good. Is there no way to fix the date and time issue in TWRP? At least I get 2021 here Official still gives me 1970;)

Sem When I restart TWRP recovery my setting disappears so my time is wrong. How to fix this?
TWRP settings not being saved in A12 version, this has been fixed recently
https://twrp.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/290970-development/topic/twrp-12/near/288292817

I'm building a new version with this fix that I plan to post later today.

faoliveira

May 28, 2013
Aracaju
Time maybe - but check the year when making a backup for example. Some roms have the wrong year in TWRP, like ShapeshiftOS or crDroid up to version 7.17 while now on 7.18 I have the correct year again (at least on TWRP 3.6.2_11, I haven't tried the newer ones yet). 🤷‍♀️
I didn't forget what you asked, my next step is to check if it's safe to create and restore a nandroid backup on A12.

• Love
Reactions: Nimueh

faoliveira

May 28, 2013
Aracaju
OK. Settings will be saved in the new A12 version.
Now they'll only be deleted if you run format data.

I ended up discovering, and solving, a problem in versions A11 and A12 when a backup with encrypted data was performed.
New versions are now available.

I would like to thank again those who are testing and reporting success and bugs that appear

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
OK. Settings will be saved in the new A12 version.
Now they'll only be deleted if you run format data.

I ended up discovering, and solving, a problem in versions A11 and A12 when a backup with encrypted data was performed.
New versions are now available.

I would like to thank again those who are testing and reporting success and bugs that appear
This sounds promising! Thank you for your contributions.

faoliveira

May 28, 2013
Aracaju
BACKUP/RESTORE

Based on the post:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ect-8t-kebab-2022-03-09.4302449/post-85292199

Backup:
1 - If you want to perform a nandroid backup select only the partitions: Boot, Data, System image and Vendor image
2 - Make sure USB debugging is enabled on system
3 - If your data is encrypted you DO NOT need to remove your password/pin/pattern first.
4- Copy the backup folder to PC if you will format /data.

Restore:
Remove the current password/pin/pattern on your system before starting the restore process by Settings>Security>Screen lock: Select Swipe (if prompted tap on "Delete")
If you don't do this, the system will not reboot properly after restoring.

This will also remove your data and your lockscreen (encryption) password (you won't be prompted for a password in TWRP or when you restart the system)

In TWRP
1 - Restore: Select the backup you want to restore and wait for it to finish
2 - Remove the SIM card. If you don't do this the system may not boot properly or you may have problems with your SIM card.
3 - Reboot system, making sure the phone is not connected to a PC via cable;
4 -If you find any issues like missing navigation bar or blank screen or something, just do a normal reboot again to system.

Notes:
If you are replacing an Encrypted ROM with a Decrypted ROM, or vice versa you MUST perform a format /data after the restore and you will need to restore at least the data partition one more time.

Last edited:

faoliveira

May 28, 2013
Aracaju
Erm ... huh? So basically we have to be in Airplane mode when making a backup so we're still offline when restoring it?
And then what - once booted up we disable Airplane mode, insert SIM and reboot again? Or am I totally misunderstnding here lol? 🤷‍♀️ :LOL:
Well, it's an old problem that I honestly don't know if it still happens lol, but after a restore or flashing a new rom, some sim cards may no longer be detected and need to be replaced. I don't use my OP5 as a daily driver so I don't have a SIM in it, when in doubt I think it's better to keep this recommendation.

Top Liked Posts