[RECOVERY][TWRP] Project Tango K1 ATAP TWRP 3.2.1

Search This thread

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
I can't see that convo without an account. Have you asked for help there?

Until I get home I can't really look at that apx. Maybe install TWRP and the ROM from post #4 or a TWRP backup? Without knowing what that apx flashed its hard to say. The ROM from highwaystar_ru (mostly) works. Might at least get you out of the bootloop.

And just to be clear, you did not flash that 15.1 build, right? What were you running before flashing the apx?

Unless TWRP and that LOS 14.1 ROM or a TWRP backup help we've gone off topic for this thread...

I have not attempted to run a custom rom yet. I did boot twrp but I didn't install/flash it

xaxxelous

Jul 16, 2016
Sonora
LG V30
LG V40
I have not attempted to run a custom rom yet. I did boot twrp but I didn't install/flash it

Ah, I see. Well from my point of view I cant confirm that apx works. Actually sounds like that apx is the cause of your issue.

I do know that TWRP and the ROM from highwaystar_ru do work unless you absolutely need bluetooth. So, again, my advice would be to install those. The ROM (14.1-20190208) is better than stock for the most part and you can always reflash that apx if you want. Follow the link and click the blue download button top center (its not in English). Probably best to do a TWRP backup of your current stock before flashing LOS even though its broken. If LOS fixes the issue you may be able to restore parts of the backup to return to stock.

Bazathoth

Jan 28, 2019
Moto Z2 Force
LG V30
Where did you find the 15.1 build?

yeah its under the link posted , if you watch his downloads he's been posting nightly's I messaged him about it , installing ROM isn't straight forward flash through TWRP (I tried) and they are all unofficial builds (but they are looking at official status on lineage 16 *now)

so it's just a matter of waiting, but considering the amount of activity on it lately i'm hopeful we'll get an official release soon

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
I was told from @highwaystar_ru that a modified tos.img and bootloader would be needed to boot any of his 15.1 builds. I asked about where to get those but I never got a reply yet.

I noticed some LineageOS activity for the Google Tango Tablet Yellowstone at https://review.lineageos.org/q/yellowstone I still don't know if any bootloader or tos.img modifications are required. I did email the email attached to the user who uploaded some of those git commits listed, but I'm waiting to hear back.

Bazathoth

Jan 28, 2019
Moto Z2 Force
LG V30
I was told from @highwaystar_ru that a modified tos.img and bootloader would be needed to boot any of his 15.1 builds. I asked about where to get those but I never got a reply yet.

I noticed some LineageOS activity for the Google Tango Tablet Yellowstone at https://review.lineageos.org/q/yellowstone I still don't know if any bootloader or tos.img modifications are required. I did email the email attached to the user who uploaded some of those git commits listed, but I'm waiting to hear back.

Yeah I messaged @npjohnson here on XDA, he responded within a few hours, he simply said its a complicated install and he'd upload more when ready. (He is as of yesterday posting a 17.1 version)

I haven't tried any of the newer builds since my first attempt.

But if you hear back or try one of his builds ( https://download.ods.ninja/android/lineage/Yellowstone/ ) let us know how it goes.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Yeah I messaged @npjohnson here on XDA, he responded within a few hours, he simply said its a complicated install and he'd upload more when ready. (He is as of yesterday posting a 17.1 version)

But if you hear back or try one of his builds ( https://download.ods.ninja/android/lineage/Yellowstone/ ) let us know how it goes.

yeah its under the link posted , if you watch his downloads he's been posting nightly's I messaged him about it , installing ROM isn't straight forward flash through TWRP (I tried) and they are all unofficial builds (but they are looking at official status on lineage 16 *now)

so it's just a matter of waiting, but considering the amount of activity on it lately i'm hopeful we'll get an official release soon

Ah, I see. Well from my point of view I cant confirm that apx works. Actually sounds like that apx is the cause of your issue.

I do know that TWRP and the ROM from highwaystar_ru do work unless you absolutely need bluetooth. So, again, my advice would be to install those. The ROM (14.1-20190208) is better than stock for the most part and you can always reflash that apx if you want. Follow the link and click the blue download button top center (its not in English). Probably best to do a TWRP backup of your current stock before flashing LOS even though its broken. If LOS fixes the issue you may be able to restore parts of the backup to return to stock.

Please STOP using these builds. They WILL NOT work without our APX package, it's not quite ready, but should be soon^TM.

Be patient, we're aiming for official support in the future :)

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
@npjohnson Any updates on this? Also do you know anything about my issue below?

My device seems to have a ok battery but I think I messed up the calibration or something. It ends up boot looping. When you first turn it on it displays a red depleted battery icon twice before booting up properly. I haven't been able to fix it but it stays on if I Ieave it plugged in to a power source.

xaxxelous

Jul 16, 2016
Sonora
LG V30
LG V40
I'm sure he'll post when there is an update worth posting.

Did you try using any possible solutions from before that use this TWRP and the working ROM? This thread is about TWRP for the Tango. TWRP didn't break your device. If you want to talk about fixing your broken device you should start a new thread on that subject.

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
@npjohnson @highwaystar_ru
Just checking in with you two and anyone else following this thread. I'd like to know if there was any progress. I'd love to test anything even if it's a half working build.

I know tos.img was mentioned before. It seems to be in regards to the "trusted os" the Tegra chips use before booting further into a OS. From what I gathered with other devices like the Xiaomi Mi Pad which also has a Tegra K1 a tos modification might be required to get the CPU and other stuff working correctly with a newer kernel/android build. What I couldn't find so far was information on how one should modify the tos. If it can be compiled from a source code or if the original tos should be dumped from the device, decompiled and recompiled again. I would love some more insight on the tos image and how to modify it if possible.

I'll probably dig into this more even without any help. But help would be welcomed.

project tango

Have there been any updates for LINEAGE? i know this project is at the bottom of the barrel , and uncommon, just curious as if i can help with any part of getting a good rom, please let me know?
(ps: i have managed to find a few RARE old tango apps from 2015, if anyone needs them. i dont have it with me at the moment, but there is a app, that shows a live 3d image . Its not a great app, but it does show a purple/red image of the data (camera) real time, and can also see things our eyes can not.

Bazathoth

Jan 28, 2019
Moto Z2 Force
LG V30
npjohnson has unofficial builds, I've even seen released as of 10 days ago a 17.1 for tango.....but no official releases and he won't give you instructions or installation (ROMs won't flash without reparations) so while there is nothing "new" it is being worked on. I know he's trying to get a official release so be patient

thew-tab

Mar 22, 2012
If anyone needs it, I can post or send a link to a TWRP back-up of the stock rom, I am about to make. Not sure if anyone else was having this issue, but after I unlocked bootloader, and set up the tablet again, the playstore wasn't working. I went into developer options, and I selected the runtime as dalvik, instead of the ART selected. After that, playstore works fine.-----I tried to get the TWRP installed from this thread but after trying to flash it thru fastboot, it said it failed because "target didn't report max-download-size. Then after it tried sending the recovery, it said " FAILED (command write failed (No error)). any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Last edited:

thew-tab

Mar 22, 2012
Figured it out, not sure what I did last time. And I made a TWRP backup of the stock room.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is TWRP 3.2.1 build for Project Tango K1 ATAP.

Download
    gdrive: twrp-3.2.1-yellowstone.img
    mailru: twrp-3.2.1-yellowstone.img

Sources
    device tree: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_google_yellowstone
    kernel: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_google_yellowstone

How to install
    1. enable USB debugging in stock ROM and run command: adb reboot bootloader
    2. Unlock bootloader using command: fastboot oem unlock (it will wipe all your user data!)
    3. With unlocked bootloader boot into stock rom and enable USB debugging again. Reboot to bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    4. Flash recovery image: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-yellowstone.img
    5. To boot into recovery you could run adb reboot recovery after booting to stock ROM or use Vol+ Vol- Power combo to boot in bootloader menu and select Recovery using volume keys and confirm by pressing Power.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][TWRP] Project Tango K1 ATAP TWRP 3.2.1, Tool/Utility for the Nvidia Shield Tablet

Contributors
    highwaystar_ru
    Source Code: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_google_yellowstone

Version Information

Created 2019-02-19
    Last Updated 2019-02-19
    @highwaystar_ru gave me this ROM that is working splendidly on my yellowstone: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Hmco/XryszodXm

From @highwaystar_ru:

It uses binary files from stock yellowstone and has some issues:
    cameras doesnt work, video playback sometimes has artifacts, all cpu
    cores always up (without it video playback lags), accelerometer sensor
    inverted.

Me and couple of lineage devs working hard to port shieldtablet kernel
    to yellowstone, it will allow to use shield binary files and resolve
    most problems, but progress are really slow (but there is some
    progress lately).

Please STOP using these builds. They WILL NOT work without our APX package, it's not quite ready, but should be soon^TM.

Be patient, we're aiming for official support in the future :)
    Back to life

Thanks to highwaystar_ru I was able to install twrp and then lineage 14.1 with Open GApps pico.
    I hope that somebody will be able to bring this to 15.1
    I'll try to get something together in the near future, no promises, my time is significantly limited