• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] TWRP Recovery 2.8.5.0 - Thor

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
NEW: YOU SHOULD UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER : http://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...tools-create-unlock-img-fix-boot-img-t3050689

Hi !
Since @vortox found and created an unlock method (!) for our devices (see original development section) you'll find here twrp recovery for the 7" kindle fire hdx (Thor).

WARNING
  • THIS OPERATION IS DANGEROUS
  • THE ONLY WAY TO RECOVER FROM A RECOVERY PROBLEM IS TO HAVE A WORKING SYSTEM ROM

Installation (from stock rom)
  • Be sure to have a rooted, 7" hdx with firmware <= 13.3.2.3 (for bootloader compatibility)
  • Use an application from the market to flash the recovery image like Rashr or Flashify (from vortox)
  • OR use dd application from a root shell : "dd of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery if=/sdcard/twrp.img"

Installation (from twrp)
  • Flash zip file from twrp recovery...

Download

Thanks

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Hi !

Since an unlock method seems to be coming to our devices (see original development section) you'll find here a twrp recovery for the kindle hdx (Thor). I will try to compile an Apollo version as soon as an unlock method is reveled. (Or @ggow will do it :))

Oups I'm sorry I didn't fully read the unlock thread. The recovery need to be patched to run so I removed the link for now. The recovery was sent to the right person, well see !

Hello, yes I have a build of twrp for apollo waiting here ready to go...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi !

First post updated with download link ! I'm unable to test the recovery myself as i own an unlocked device so thanks to wait for some experienced users to report back. If the recovery is not working for you then you can boot to your system rom and restore your backed up recovery from there...

Thanks to @vortox again and happy new year !

Droid_1

Oct 9, 2012
Hi !

First post updated with download link ! I'm unable to test the recovery myself as i own an unlocked device so thanks to wait for some experienced users to report back. If the recovery is not working for you then you can boot to your system rom and restore your backed up recovery from there...

Thanks to @vortox again and happy new year !

Do you have to be on stock rom or would it work with safestrap and nexus 2.2 on stock slot?

Sent from my A0001

derpadoodle

Jun 13, 2014
I tried applying the recovery with flashify on 3.2.4 and it hasn't worked as far as I can tell, though I didn't remove safestrap yet. It just gets stuck on grey kindle fire logo 9/10 boots then finally gets into safestrap. Don't really want to remove my only safety net unless it's confirmed I have to.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
I tried applying the recovery with flashify on 3.2.4 and it hasn't worked as far as I can tell, though I didn't remove safestrap yet. It just gets stuck on grey kindle fire logo 9/10 boots then finally gets into safestrap. Don't really want to remove my only safety net unless it's confirmed I have to.
Did you try to power on the device with volume up to trigger the recovery ? Else maybe 3.2.4 is too late for the recovery sig exploit.

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
Looks like you butchered the original post while you were editing. :p

I just downgraded to 13.3.1.0 so I'm ready to test it out. But —before proceeding — how do you backup the stock recovery?

Top Liked Posts