• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] TWRP Recovery 2.8.5.0 - Thor

Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Success (restoring stock recovery)

The solution (at least for me) was incredibly simple and sitting right under my nose. Turns out a copy of recovery.img was located in sdcard/recovery. I wasn't sure if it was valid after previously flashing TWRP, but after reading and pursuing various options I pulled the trigger with flashify, rebooted and verified the stock recovery was again usable. Wohoo! I can now proceed with downgrading and reflashing TWRP. Cpasjuste was kind enough to provide a modified 13.4.5.2 image (note different kernel) that is compatible with TWRP; have to decide whether to go with that, Nexus or CM11. Decisions, decisions....sure is nice to have a choice!

If you find yourself in a different situation with a non-working recovery be prepared to do some reading. Lots of helpful info in these forums. Might want to start here. It's not a solution but does show how some of the components fit together.

Reactions: jeryll

Reckerr

Feb 26, 2012
Thanks for sharing. Tested working!

I would like to know, for some reason I can't remember. But how do I get back Fire OS Amazon firmware? I need the Wireless Display Feature urgently. Is this file the one to flash or is this only to update amazon firmwares? If not can anyone point me in the right direction?
Edit: Looking at it again it probably isnt..it's a .bin file...any help.

Reckerr

Feb 26, 2012
Cpasjuste has posted a TWRP version of 4.5.2. -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57988207&postcount=19
I guess this should help you and would be the fastest option..?

Edit: link added

So this 4.5.2 is usable with the TWRP recovery on 13.3.2.3 which I am on, if I'm reading correctly?
Sorry for repeating what you just posted, just I like to be 100% sure when it comes to flashing, especially on this device.

Ok it started up nicely. Thanks you so much for your help. Will try mirroring after I restore m data.

Last edited:

futzmaster

Jan 27, 2015
Just make sure OTA is disabled correctly and working as it should...
Have seen here that there is an 4.5.3 Update around.....
(not sure if an update would install correctly and overwrite recovery....)

Reactions: Reckerr

ONYXis

Dec 7, 2013
Kyiv
@Cpasjuste, @ggow , my friend flashed this twrp into his apollo by mistake.
after that his touchscreen doesn't work correctly (screen pressed in another place where not been pushed, like substituted "build.prop"-file between apollo and thor ). I tried reflash full original 3.2.3.2 to his tablet but no luck.
Any ideas that is cause of this and how to restore? Thank you.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
@Cpasjuste, @ggow , my friend flashed this twrp into his apollo by mistake.
after that his touchscreen doesn't work correctly (screen pressed in another place where not been pushed, like substituted "build.prop"-file between apollo and thor ). I tried reflash full original 3.2.3.2 to his tablet but no luck.
Any ideas that is cause of this and how to restore? Thank you.

Yes, flashing the wrong kernel has updated the synaptics touch controller firmware with the wrong version of firmware. You need to follow this to recover the touchscreen functionality:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56986107&postcount=22

Reactions: ONYXis

Top Liked Posts