Feb 28, 2014
thanks again, @ggow
but
Code:
root@android:/data # ./synaptics_fw_updater -v -f -b Synaptics.3.B.apollo.img
Checksum in image file header = 0x3c0a0a0a
Checksum computed from image file = 0xb7cebeba
ERROR: failed to validate checksum of image file
i supposed that -f is for force flash....

I'll upload to AFH, and double check the MD5...

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

@ONYXis

Try this link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934533970

I have checked the md5 against AFH.

Reactions: ONYXis

maestro768

Jul 2, 2007
Hi,

I used Safestrap so far, but with the latest release of Magic Beanz by ggow I would like to switch to twrp. But I don't know how, it would be great if you could help me with that.

I used Flashify to flash twrp to recovery, but when I restart the device into the recovery mode, nothing happens. The grey Kindle Fire logo just stays on-screen forever, without booting into recovery or showing an error message. When I do a regular restart, I am able to boot into Safestrap or my installed Android (I installed the latest 1.0.1 Safestrap ROM from ggow directly into the boot rom) as usual.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hi,

I used Safestrap so far, but with the latest release of Magic Beanz by ggow I would like to switch to twrp. But I don't know how, it would be great if you could help me with that.

I used Flashify to flash twrp to recovery, but when I restart the device into the recovery mode, nothing happens. The grey Kindle Fire logo just stays on-screen forever, without booting into recovery or showing an error message. When I do a regular restart, I am able to boot into Safestrap or my installed Android (I installed the latest 1.0.1 Safestrap ROM from ggow directly into the boot rom) as usual.

Can't do that as you obviously discovered. You need to roll back to 13.1.0 which will permit unlocking your bootloader which is a prerequisite to installing TWRP. You are in a bad way with a non functioning recovery. Here's what needs to happen IMO:

- restore stock recovery (not sure how this is safely accomplished with Safestrap)
- remove Safestrap while preserving your stock ROM
- follow various guides for roll back, unlocking, installing TWRP, etc

Unfortunately, I don't have first hand experience with Safestrap so can't offer help with the first two steps.

sn123py

Jul 5, 2009
Hi,

i lost recovery completely while trying to install twrp, see here. Does anyone have an idea how to flash a working (stock) recovery to my kindle?

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hi,

i lost recovery completely while trying to install twrp, see here. Does anyone have an idea how to flash a working (stock) recovery to my kindle?
Please don't cross post as most active participants monitor all threads. As noted in an earlier response finding a suitable stock recovery can be a challenge. Below is a link to a 3.2.6 image that worked for me. However, it is NOT the correct version for the fw you are on; it may not work and could have side effects. In your shoes I would upgrade to 3.2.6 first before attempting to flash this recovery. Or forget stock recovery, roll back and install TWRP as outlined your linked thread.

3.2.6 stock recovery-thor [expires 2015/03/15]

Last edited:

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
Please don't cross post as most active participants monitor all threads. As noted in an earlier response finding a suitable stock recovery can be a challenge. Below is a link to a 3.2.6 image that worked for me. However, it is NOT the correct version for the fw you are on; it may not work and could have side effects. In your shoes I would upgrade to 3.2.6 first before attempting to flash this recovery. Or forget stock recovery, roll back and install TWRP as outlined your linked thread.

3.2.6 stock recovery [expires 2015/03/15]

You might want to indicate if it's for the HDX 7 or 8.9 so that others don't accidentally flash the wrong files.

yichen382

Aug 5, 2011
My thor has 3.72 safestrap (TWRP 2.7.0.0). My firmware is 13.3.1.0.

According to OP, the second method of installing is flashing the zip file in TWRP. Does that mean i can just flash it in safestrap which comes with its own twrp 2.7.0.0?

Last edited:

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
My thor has 3.72 safestrap (TWRP 2.7.0.0). My firmware is 13.3.1.0.

According to OP, the second method of installing is flashing the zip file in TWRP. Does that mean i can just flash it in safestrap which comes with its own twrp 2.7.0.0?

No. You need to uninstall Safestrap first and then use an app like Flashify to flash TWRP.
The ZIP is only for those who are upgrading from a previous version.

Reactions: yichen382

Top Liked Posts