• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][TWRP]TeamWin Recovery Project for Samsung Galaxy J2 3G/SM-J200H

Search This thread

Parthib

Aug 27, 2016
uc

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
BEFORE INSTALLING THIS RECOVERY, MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE MODEL IS THE SAME AS TITLE

About TWRP
TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel.
Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.
A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom "ROM" like OmniROM
You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Current TWRP version- 3.1.1-0

Bug
  • Display output color.

How To Install

Via Custom Recovery

1. Download twrp.img from download section.
  2. Boot into a old twrp then goto install and press on install images.
  3. Find and select your downloaded twrp.img then click on recovery and swipe.
  4. Now reboot recovery & enjoy

Via Rashr {Need Root for this method}
  1. Download and install Rashr app From Play Store Or Download Rashr From Here
  2. Download twrp.img file from download section and Put It In your Sdcard
  3. Now Open Rashr And Grant For Root permission
  4. Click on Recovery from storage and Select twrp.img file
  5. then click Yes To Flash Recovery.
  6. If You Get Sucsess then Hit Yes on the popup To Go in Recovery.

Downloads

Thanks to

Device Tree- https://github.com/Parthib24/android_device_samsung_j23g

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-25-01-46-24.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-25-01-46-24.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 774
  • Screenshot_2017-08-25-01-47-31.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-25-01-47-31.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 765
  • Screenshot_2017-08-25-01-47-18.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-25-01-47-18.png
    79 KB · Views: 740
  • Screenshot_2017-08-25-01-47-28.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-25-01-47-28.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Jan 22, 2017
Hi, I have a pre-rooted firmware J200HXXU0AIOB, but no TWRP installed. The last time I tried flashing TWRP (on a stock ROM) I bricked my device. It was stuck on the Samsung boot where the Logo is, with the message SEANDROID ENFORCING. So I flashed this pre-rooted ROM instead (J200HXXU0AIOB).

I understand there are risks that come with flashing custom roms and recoveries. But I would like to know if I flash my device, what are the steps I have to folllow in order to flash the custom recovery successfully with minimum risks of bricking the device again.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uc

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    BEFORE INSTALLING THIS RECOVERY, MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE MODEL IS THE SAME AS TITLE

About TWRP
    TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel.
    Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.
    A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom "ROM" like OmniROM
    You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Current TWRP version- 3.1.1-0

Bug
    • Display output color.

How To Install

Via Custom Recovery

1. Download twrp.img from download section.
    2. Boot into a old twrp then goto install and press on install images.
    3. Find and select your downloaded twrp.img then click on recovery and swipe.
    4. Now reboot recovery & enjoy

Via Rashr {Need Root for this method}
    1. Download and install Rashr app From Play Store Or Download Rashr From Here
    2. Download twrp.img file from download section and Put It In your Sdcard
    3. Now Open Rashr And Grant For Root permission
    4. Click on Recovery from storage and Select twrp.img file
    5. then click Yes To Flash Recovery.
    6. If You Get Sucsess then Hit Yes on the popup To Go in Recovery.

Downloads

Thanks to

Device Tree- https://github.com/Parthib24/android_device_samsung_j23g
    Its nice and functioning well

But it shows recovery is not seandroid enforcing
    And I'm having yellow color theme instead of blue
    it shows recovery is not seandroid enforcing and I can't even reach twrp menu, reboots as normal.