Could anybody tell me if this is still able to be used??? I just came across a little gem, my uncle Gave me his T397U that he used to use for work, but has since upgraded!!!! I was so stoked until I powered up to realize that’s its full on knox mdm can I do anything at all with it???
Anyone know if there's a way to disable OEM lock if I can't get into the tablet. Bought a used one on eBay and it was reset before it was shipped to me so it's basically a paperweight without logging into a Knox manage account. Just wanted a sturdy tablet to use. Looks like I wasted money.
If I installed 9.0 but it only works halfway, it does not make backup copies or restores copies, nor does it leave me when you are going to close it the option to finish installing the twrp, it closes and some more error, but install the zip and something else if does a greeting
**** All flashing is done at your own risk! ****
**** While this recovery should not break your device, don't come back here blaming anyone if it does! ****
This is a TWRP 3.2.3 build based on Android 7.1.2 source kernel for the Galaxy Tab Active 2 (codename: gtactive2lte) - Exynos. The "tar" file should be installed using Odin (tested on Odin 3.12.3).
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options, if its not there, you may have to wait for a few days to access that option, some users claim that its within 10 days before this option appears).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. It is HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED to purchase any access to any kind of private forums, ROMs or Kernels.(DO NOT GET FOOLED.)
1. Flash Stock ROM.
2. Flash recovery using Odin (AP = recovery.tar).
3. Load recovery immediately after flashing.
4. Format data (Will erase /data partition).
5. Reboot to recovery.
6. ADB push SuperSU to internal storage / insert SD-Card with SuperSU.zip.
7. Flash SuperSU using TWRP install option.
8. Reboot to system (May bootloop several times. Wait untill system loads).
1. ADB sometimes doesn't work in MTP mode. Need to manually change to PTP in order to get adb usage.
2. Bad label in ADB shell + bad characters appearing while writing through AD. Works well out of recovery and on recovery's terminal.
If it doesn't get installed or leads to a bootloop, I'm gonna need you to pull the boot.img from your device, or send me a link of the stock ROM if it's available.
Please follow the intsallation process described on the README file on the github repository