[RECOVERY][TWRP][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.1 for UMIDIGI A5 Pro [MT6763]

Search This thread

hognoodle

Jan 29, 2015
I have the same issue as others. Whether i flash TWRP through fastboot or SP Tools it always says success but when i reboot into recovery the stock recovery is still installed. I've tried different versions of TWRP and none stick. Anyone any ideas please?

It's June and I get the same thing.
Delete this thread?

TheDevelopper

Apr 6, 2018
- Amendments to recovery.fstab. List of sections returned to stock
- Cleared the excess in the tree
- Added new flags for assembly
- init.recovery.mt6763.rc fixed
- ADB now works
- Updated source to 9.0.0 r47
- zImage from firmware 1.4
- Added to the recovery_dtbo.img assembly from firmware 1.4
- And much more

I'm actually running on the latest version and i'm also running on a GSI Q. The only problem that I'm facing is I'm getting unable to mount storage in TWRP, i know about Advanced > changing data to EXT2 and then changing it to EXT4 and that erases everything including internal storage and the problem is solved and i got my data able to be mounted. The issue is when I reboot the device and rebooting again to TWRP the problem comes again and unable to mount data and it asks for the key or the password even there is no a security lock on my devices, if i set a password and I past it there as my pin on the device it fails to unencrypt the data , I tried everything but no solution and now I'm flashing things using OTG that in TWRP
I have patched the boot image so there is no dm-verity encryption so the problem is not in the boot image.

Last edited:

Mateka360

Oct 16, 2020
when i flash TWRP via fastboot, it says okay to all operations, but when i press vol+ and power, then select the first option which is recovery, i still get the stock recovery. Why?

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
when i flash TWRP via fastboot, it says okay to all operations, but when i press vol+ and power, then select the first option which is recovery, i still get the stock recovery. Why?
Likely it didn't stick.

After flashing TWRP, when you execute "Fastboot reboot", the moment the screen goes off, hold down vol+ and power straightaway. Keep holding until it shows the options.

See if that works for you. It did for me.

Oct 20, 2020
unlocking bootloader

Hello, i have been trying to unlock the bootloader however whenever i put the phone into fastboot mode so that i can unlock the bootloader and type fastboot devices in adb to verify that its connected it doesn't show up so i was wondering if there was a setting in developer options that i need to enable besides (OEM unlocking) or an additional command i need to run in adb first.

Also thx in advance for any help

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
Hello, i have been trying to unlock the bootloader however whenever i put the phone into fastboot mode so that i can unlock the bootloader and type fastboot devices in adb to verify that its connected it doesn't show up so i was wondering if there was a setting in developer options that i need to enable besides (OEM unlocking) or an additional command i need to run in adb first.

Also thx in advance for any help
You need to allow debugging mode in Dev options.

First, connect to PC with phone powered on normally. Using ADB, type "adb devices"..

If it doesn't show device serial number look at your phone - you need to give permission to connect to PC. After that try the command again.

Once successfully connected (you see your serial number on PC), type "adb reboot bootloader". Phone will restart into fastboot mode.

On PC, type"fastboot devices". Your serial number should be seen which shows they are connected.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Oct 20, 2020
You need to allow debugging mode in Dev options.

First, connect to PC with phone powered on normally. Using ADB, type "adb devices"..

If it doesn't show device serial number look at your phone - you need to give permission to connect to PC. After that try the command again.

Once successfully connected (you see your serial number on PC), type "adb reboot bootloader". Phone will restart into fastboot mode.

On PC, type"fastboot devices". Your serial number should be seen which shows they are connected.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice, i have tried that (i even ticked the checkbox to allow for it permanently) yet the issue still seems to persist

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
Thanks for the advice, i have tried that (i even ticked the checkbox to allow for it permanently) yet the issue still seems to persist
Edited...

I'm not that knowledgeable so I'm sorry I can't provide more direct technical help.

It could also be due to a connection issue so trying different cables or using different PC ports can help to confirm if it's hardware related.

I would suggest to remove existing authorization before trying out other cables/ports.

Also, I'm assuming that the drivers have been installed correctly?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020
Edited...

I'm not that knowledgeable so I'm sorry I can't provide more direct technical help.

It could also be due to a connection issue so trying different cables or using different PC ports can help to confirm if it's hardware related.

I would suggest to remove existing authorization before trying out other cables/ports.

Also, I'm assuming that the drivers have been installed correctly?

The issue seems to have disappeared, but i have yet to try anything else because i was wondering what drivers you where talking about

Hadenix

Nov 4, 2016
Minsk
hadenix.github.io
Build Date - 01.04.2021

CHANGELOG:
- synchronization with sources
- updated fstab
- fixed bug with disabling recovery
- set the correct color
- set correct brightness settings
- set correct device name

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Prerequisites
    1. Unlocked bootloader.

Instructions
    1. Go to the fastboot mode.
    2. Download the recovery.img and transfer it to the adb folder.
    3. Open the cmd/terminal and change directory into the adb folder.
    4. Now confirm/check that device is connected by typing:-
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    If you got your device seriel number there then you are ready to continue otherwise try connecting device again and make sure USB debugging is on and you have granted permission to the PC to debug.
    After that we will flash this TWRP recovery to the recovery partition by below command:-
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Hadenix-A5Pro.img
    BooM ! TWRP flashed successfully.

6. Now unplug your device and then hold power button untill the phone turned off,after that press power button while holding vol down(-) button simultaneously and you will boot into TWRP recovery mode.

Enjoy !

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Umidigi A5 Pro

Contributors
    kiruha_21, TeamReloaded

Version Information
    ROM OS Version:
    9.0 Pie
    Based On: TWRP
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.1

Downloads: TWRP_by_Hadenix

SUPPORT:
    Unofficial Telegram Channel
    - Amendments to recovery.fstab. List of sections returned to stock
    - Cleared the excess in the tree
    - Added new flags for assembly
    - init.recovery.mt6763.rc fixed
    - ADB now works
    - Updated source to 9.0.0 r47
    - zImage from firmware 1.4
    - Added to the recovery_dtbo.img assembly from firmware 1.4
    - And much more
    TWRP_3.3.1_20190812
    - Minor changes in the section # enable stock zip packages flash
    - Updated recovery.fstab
    - Posted by Hadenix
    - Excluded from TWRP APP assembly
    - A new separate version with the prefix E, for the European version. The international version is going without the prefix E
    - And minor corrections
    Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019
    - Download newest TWRP_by_Hadenix ( link on first page ).
    - In Windows ADB unlock command = "fastboot flashing unlock" (phone start on fastboot, command : "ADB reboot bootlader" )
    - Flash TWRP recovery (TWRP_by_Hadenix) in SP_Flash_Tool (only recovery)
    - Restart to TWRP recovery right away.. By holding Power + Volume up (Keep holding to pass orange state screen) then in small text screen use VL+ to scroll and VL- to select.
    - In TWRP recovery mount system (then go to system/system/) and rename "recovery-from-boot.p" > "recovery-from-boot.p.bak"
    - In recovery install Magisk 20.0 ( https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v20.0/Magisk-v20.0.zip)
    - Restart to recovery again
    - Format data
    - Install "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019.zip"
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397887333
    - Start system and active Magisk.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone