[RECOVERY][TWRP][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.6.0 for UMIDIGI A5 Pro [MT6763]

Search This thread

Skyfire1

Jan 2, 2015
Well yes, did that and after one reboot twrp is replaced by stock recovery again...
What step exactly makes twrp stay on the phone?
Does it make any difference if I use adb or SP Flashtool to flash recovery? Tried both multiple times!

Last edited:

Skyfire1

Jan 2, 2015
I think I know the answer to my problem.
You have to press Volume + and Power, that is clear. But you have to push both buttons until you see the three line menu in small letter even if it looks like the phone is restarting over and over... That is different to all other devices I know. If powerbutton is released to early you end up in the recovery menu with blue letters.
Normally one would stop pressing power when bootup screen is showing for a few seconds. This will not work here...

Last edited:

KimLe

May 12, 2011
It is not any body problem, it is the way UMIDIGI A5 Pro to boot to TWRP (installed) recovery. As I said along "By holding Power + Volume up (Keep holding to pass orange state screen) then in small text screen use VL+ to scroll and VL- to select."

Dec 12, 2012
The Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019 doesnt work for me.
After i followed the instruction, and boot into system, it said the magisk is not installed.
Also, when I go back to recovery, it seems that the data is encrypted.

KimLe

May 12, 2011
The Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019 doesnt work for me.
After i followed the instruction, and boot into system, it said the magisk is not installed.
Also, when I go back to recovery, it seems that the data is encrypted.

Please following each step of the post 41 closely. Cause The Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019 does do any thing to Majisk. As you said " the magisk is not installed". The Majisk installed despite the encrypted or un-encrypted data

Dec 12, 2012
Please following each step of the post 41 closely. Cause The Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019 does do any thing to Majisk. As you said " the magisk is not installed". The Majisk installed despite the encrypted or un-encrypted data

I did follow it very closely.
The only difference is that I use magisk 20.1. Would that make a difference?
Also, I used SD card to put the files inside to install because in recovery, I cannot copy files from my computer to the phone.
After I format data, and I go back to backup and still see data as 0mb. Does that mean the format failed?
After all the steps and after I book into system and then boot into recovery, TWRP ask for a pin to unlock the encryption and I have no idea what that pin should be because my phone has no pin.

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
Also, I used SD card to put the files inside to install because in recovery, I cannot copy files from my computer to the phone.
After I format data, and I go back to backup and still see data as 0mb. Does that mean the format failed?
After all the steps and after I book into system and then boot into recovery, TWRP ask for a pin to unlock the encryption and I have no idea what that pin should be because my phone has no pin.
Sorry if I appear to talk rubbish..

I have not tried to put TWRP on this phone yet.

Just sharing my past experience..

Is MTP mode enabled on TWRP? If not, it will not talk to PC.

PIN in TWRP? Likely need to repeat format data process. After that, reboot to recovery.

See 0mb? Are the respective partitions mounted? If not, use the "Mount" tab to select what should be mounted. Not mounted = not "visible".

Dm_Verity**** by @Zackptg5? Read his thread for more info regarding sequence of installation..(sorry but I've not used the later versions so no experience on that).

Magisk 20+, understand what @topjohnwu is referring to regarding devices with/without A/B partitions and how to install Magisk. A5 Pro has no A/B platoon.

After reading this, I decided to wait out before rooting this phone..
https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

I'm not expert in this area but I've encountered issues with MTK devices from Umidigi, Blackview and these are lessons I learnt. So just sharing. Sometimes when anxious, we can miss steps.

Stay calm and be patient mate!

Apologies if I can't give you a straight forward solution.

Cheers!

Dec 12, 2012
Sorry if I appear to talk rubbish..

I have not tried to put TWRP on this phone yet.

Just sharing my past experience..

Is MTP mode enabled on TWRP? If not, it will not talk to PC.

PIN in TWRP? Likely need to repeat format data process. After that, reboot to recovery.

See 0mb? Are the respective partitions mounted? If not, use the "Mount" tab to select what should be mounted. Not mounted = not "visible".

Dm_Verity**** by @Zackptg5? Read his thread for more info regarding sequence of installation..(sorry but I've not used the later versions so no experience on that).

Magisk 20+, understand what @topjohnwu is referring to regarding devices with/without A/B partitions and how to install Magisk. A5 Pro has no A/B platoon.

After reading this, I decided to wait out before rooting this phone..
https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

I'm not expert in this area but I've encountered issues with MTK devices from Umidigi, Blackview and these are lessons I learnt. So just sharing. Sometimes when anxious, we can miss steps.

Stay calm and be patient mate!

Apologies if I can't give you a straight forward solution.

Cheers!

Yes, MTP is on in TWRP, but I checked in device manager, the android device is listed as ADB interface. Is that the reason there is no communication?
I data format before installing Dm_Verity**** as per the instruction. Do I need to data format again after the installation if TWRP still ask for pin?
This device is so hard to mod. I think I will just give up on installing TWRP and just stick with magisk for root only.

KimLe

May 12, 2011

Magisk 20.1 has no problem. I also use used SD card to install files.
Make sure you use TWRP_3.3.1_20191020_Hadenix-Breeze.img for A5 pro ( other area) and TWRP_3.3.1_20191020_Hadenix-Breeze_E.img ( EU version).
Make sure you do this step:
- In TWRP recovery mount system (then go to system/system/) and rename "recovery-from-boot.p" > "recovery-from-boot.p.bak"
- In recovery install Magisk 20.1
- Restart to recovery again.

Reactions: chooks06
Dec 12, 2012
Magisk 20.1 has no problem. I also use used SD card to install files.
Make sure you use TWRP_3.3.1_20191020_Hadenix-Breeze.img for A5 pro ( other area) and TWRP_3.3.1_20191020_Hadenix-Breeze_E.img ( EU version).
Make sure you do this step:
- In TWRP recovery mount system (then go to system/system/) and rename "recovery-from-boot.p" > "recovery-from-boot.p.bak"
- In recovery install Magisk 20.1
- Restart to recovery again.

I was using TWRP_3.3.1_20190820_Hadenix-A5Pro_E.
May be that is the problem. I will try TWRP_3.3.1_20191020_Hadenix-Breeze.img for A5 pro

I tried it again, but when i enter the system from setting, it still say it is encrypted.
I am using ROM UMIDIGI_A5_Pro_V1.5_20191009. Which ROM are you using?
Can you list all the version so and I will try to reproduce the result.

Last edited:

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
Yes, MTP is on in TWRP, but I checked in device manager, the android device is listed as ADB interface. Is that the reason there is no communication?
I data format before installing Dm_Verity**** as per the instruction. Do I need to data format again after the installation if TWRP still ask for pin?
This device is so hard to mod. I think I will just give up on installing TWRP and just stick with magisk for root only.
This device does seem to be challenging.
Hence, my reluctance to try.

KimLe

May 12, 2011
I was using TWRP_3.3.1_20190820_Hadenix-A5Pro_E.
May be that is the problem. I will try TWRP_3.3.1_20191020_Hadenix-Breeze.img for A5 pro

I tried it again, but when i enter the system from setting, it still say it is encrypted.
I am using ROM UMIDIGI_A5_Pro_V1.5_20191009. Which ROM are you using?
Can you list all the version so and I will try to reproduce the result.

I am using ROM UMIDIGI_A5_Pro_V1.5_20191009.

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_140630.jpg
    IMG_20191105_140630.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20191105_140215.jpg
    IMG_20191105_140215.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20191105_140241.jpg
    IMG_20191105_140241.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20191105_140506.jpg
    IMG_20191105_140506.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 214

KimLe

May 12, 2011
Seem like we are using the same ROM.
At this point, i have no idea what went wrong and I give up.
I will just install magisk for rooting and call it a day.

The first few time enter TWRP, it will ask for the password. Cancel and swipe to allow modification to enter TWRP.
I just lock the boot loader, reinstall the ROM then boot up the phone.
And do all steps instruction to install TWRP, Majisk to see if any error. Every thing is intalled properly.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
The first few time enter TWRP, it will ask for the password. Cancel and swipe to allow modification to enter TWRP.
And do all steps instruction to install TWRP, Majisk to see if any error. Every thing is intalled properly.

Strange. It didn't work for me. I give up on twrp.
Would you have any idea how can I disable amber alert?
I root explorer it and find out the cellbroadcastreceiver app is missing from the prog-app folder.
I wonder how this phone handle amber alert.

KimLe

May 12, 2011
Strange. It didn't work for me. I give up on twrp.
Would you have any idea how can I disable amber alert?
I root explorer it and find out the cellbroadcastreceiver app is missing from the prog-app folder.
I wonder how this phone handle amber alert.

I don't know how it will handle amber alert But it can be setting.
Make sure your phone in service ( SIM CARD in)
In App-Drawer>Wireless Emergency alerts> ... (3 dot at upper right corner)>Setting.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012

I followed this and it worked. The data is now decrypted.
https://telegra.ph/How-to-install-TWRP-Team-Win-Recovery-Project-10-20
I think the difference is one of the 2 things.
Use the scatter file from "For installing TWRP" and
format data before AND after installing the decrypt zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Prerequisites
    1. Unlocked bootloader.

Instructions
    1. Go to the fastboot mode.
    2. Download the recovery.img and transfer it to the adb folder.
    3. Open the cmd/terminal and change directory into the adb folder.
    4. Now confirm/check that device is connected by typing:-
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    If you got your device seriel number there then you are ready to continue otherwise try connecting device again and make sure USB debugging is on and you have granted permission to the PC to debug.
    After that we will flash this TWRP recovery to the recovery partition by below command:-
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Hadenix-A5Pro.img
    BooM ! TWRP flashed successfully.

6. Now unplug your device and then hold power button untill the phone turned off,after that press power button while holding vol down(-) button simultaneously and you will boot into TWRP recovery mode.

Enjoy !

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Umidigi A5 Pro

Contributors
    kiruha_21, TeamReloaded

Version Information
    ROM OS Version:
    9.0 Pie
    Based On: TWRP
    Current Stable Version: 3.6.0_11

Downloads: TWRP_by_Hadenix

SUPPORT:
    Unofficial Telegram Channel
    - Amendments to recovery.fstab. List of sections returned to stock
    - Cleared the excess in the tree
    - Added new flags for assembly
    - init.recovery.mt6763.rc fixed
    - ADB now works
    - Updated source to 9.0.0 r47
    - zImage from firmware 1.4
    - Added to the recovery_dtbo.img assembly from firmware 1.4
    - And much more
    TWRP_3.3.1_20190812
    - Minor changes in the section # enable stock zip packages flash
    - Updated recovery.fstab
    - Posted by Hadenix
    - Excluded from TWRP APP assembly
    - A new separate version with the prefix E, for the European version. The international version is going without the prefix E
    - And minor corrections
    - At the first start it will ask you to Enter a password, press the back button.
    - So that we have access to the internal memory, the recovery will not be overwritten - We put it through TWRP Attached file Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019.zip (4.16 MB)
    (the file must be put in advance on an external flash card)
    - Go to CLEAN - Format Data. Write yes and click the checkmark on the right. ALL DATA WILL BE DESTROYED and the phone will return to the factory state
    - We reboot into the system, the next time you enter the recovery, access to the internal memory will be.
    Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019