[RECOVERY][TWRP_2.7] SGT3 Recovery[FINAL]

Angel_666

Mar 18, 2009
TWRP based touch recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (P5200\P5210)

WARNING! You can broke device, if you don't know what you doing!

To do: Cosmetic enchancements for our devices.​

DOWNLOAD UPDATED. Screen Lags mostly fixed! Odin file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!kEUzAS5a!a6TA0xuSg-pEYxSmZxnjmcB7cNOwRCZ_MqMiwXvD65c

Thanks to all who supported and help me, especially to HazouPH - i use his patches and sources to fix recovery glitches.

Last edited:

jeffw111

Aug 27, 2010
TWRP based touch recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (P5200\P5210)

WARNING! You can broke device, if you don't know what you doing!

To do: 1.Cosmetic enchancements for our devices.
2. ??? Need you feedback!​

DOWNLOAD Odin file:​

Odin_SGT3_recovery

UPD: Mounts Fixed! Now you can use internal and external storage as usual.
Tried to flash this but odin is returning an invalid md5 error when I try to load it in the PDA slot.

Reactions: phisama

xkwr27

Nov 6, 2012
Longview
If the checksum portion of the file is getting damaged somewhere between you and the user, is it possible something else is too. Even if it is something more or less inconsequential.

Reactions: chumboy

chumboy

Mar 9, 2011
Treasure Island, FL
It works fantastic. Been using it for a week+ now. Unless I missed something, what makes you think it isn't working?
There just aren't many users responding that they've tried it and it works.
Purely a numbers game for me based on previous experiences with newly rooted tablets/phones.

Plus, I'm not fully understanding the complete instructions.
Is this TWRP only?
I guess we need root before installing this, but the only rooting method I've found installs CWM...does this overwrite CMW?

Last edited:

jeffw111

Aug 27, 2010
To answer the first question yes this does work I flashed it onto my Tab3 without any problem. Technically you should be able to use Odin to flash TWRP recovery and then use the root.zip file from DutchDanny's CWM thread to gain root access.

Reactions: chumboy

Doctor_XXX

May 13, 2012
Oceanside, CA
To answer the first question yes this does work I flashed it onto my Tab3 without any problem. Technically you should be able to use Odin to flash TWRP recovery and then use the root.zip file from DutchDanny's CWM thread to gain root access.
I'd agree with this. I personally used the CWM process, but using TWRP first, then root #SHOULD# work.

xtacydima

May 10, 2010
Somehow TWRP just doesn't seem smooth like it does on my phones and other tablet. I have to click stuff slowly and sometimes if I scroll too fast through a list for example to find a file to flash it takes me back to the main screen.

Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
Somehow TWRP just doesn't seem smooth like it does on my phones and other tablet. I have to click stuff slowly and sometimes if I scroll too fast through a list for example to find a file to flash it takes me back to the main screen.

Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?
someone please help me figure out the right way to root my galaxy tab 10.1..do i root first???? how??? do i flash TWRP first?? im so lost... please help!!!!!!:good:

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
someone please help me figure out the right way to root my galaxy tab 10.1..do i root first???? how??? do i flash TWRP first?? im so lost... please help!!!!!!:good:
Flash either this or cwm using Odin first and then you can install the root.zip from DutchDanny's recovery/root thread and run stock rooted or his custom ROM from that thread.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium HD app

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
Ok thanks...so I installed the root.zip on my external sd card..after I flash twrp..how do I install the root.zip?...also I have recovery_final.tar.md5...is that the right one?

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Ok thanks...so I installed the root.zip on my external sd card..after I flash twrp..how do I install the root.zip?...also I have recovery_final.tar.md5...is that the right one?
Boot into recovery by powering down the tab. Press the home button + volume up + power button and hold them. It should boot into twrp recovery. Install the root.zip from sdcard.
recovery_final.tar.md5 is cwm recovery instead of twrp. I like it better and use it, but even DucthDanny said once to use twrp to someone having an issue.
Hope this helps.
I need to write a tutorial for rooting installing custom ROMs and stuff so we all can get this from one thread.

Reactions: hackstermind

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
Boot into recovery by powering down the tab. Press the home button + volume up + power button and hold them. It should boot into twrp recovery. Install the root.zip from sdcard.
recovery_final.tar.md5 is cwm recovery instead of twrp. I like it better and use it, but even DucthDanny said once to use twrp to someone having an issue.
Hope this helps.
I need to write a tutorial for rooting installing custom ROMs and stuff so we all can get this from one thread.

Ok..im having trouble getting the recovery file into the pda slot, for some reason my files are hard to find :(..can I get a direct link to the right file because dutch dannys filehost site is whack..it says something like recovery santos wifi? Weird..thanks all

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Ok..im having trouble getting the recovery file into the pda slot, for some reason my files are hard to find :(..can I get a direct link to the right file because dutch dannys filehost site is whack..it says something like recovery santos wifi? Weird..thanks all
You just have to unzip the file from DutchDannys Bindroid site and you'll end up with a recovery file that ends in md5 which is the file to put in the pda slot.

Apologies to the OP for getting off topic in your thread.

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
You just have to unzip the file from DutchDannys Bindroid site and you'll end up with a recovery file that ends in md5 which is the file to put in the pda slot.

Apologies to the OP for getting off topic in your thread.
I have tried to unzip Dutch Dannys file..I can't get odin to read the md5 file..can someone please give me step by step instructions to get my recovery working...thanks...very frustrating