• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][TWRP_2.7] SGT3 Recovery[FINAL]

Search This thread

Angel_666

Mar 18, 2009
TWRP based touch recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (P5200\P5210)

WARNING! You can broke device, if you don't know what you doing!

To do: Cosmetic enchancements for our devices.​

DOWNLOAD UPDATED. Screen Lags mostly fixed! Odin file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!kEUzAS5a!a6TA0xuSg-pEYxSmZxnjmcB7cNOwRCZ_MqMiwXvD65c

Thanks to all who supported and help me, especially to HazouPH - i use his patches and sources to fix recovery glitches.

Last edited:

jeffw111

Aug 27, 2010

To do: 1.Cosmetic enchancements for our devices.
2. ??? Need you feedback!​

DOWNLOAD Odin file:​

Odin_SGT3_recovery

UPD: Mounts Fixed! Now you can use internal and external storage as usual.

Tried to flash this but odin is returning an invalid md5 error when I try to load it in the PDA slot.

Reactions: phisama

xkwr27

Nov 6, 2012
Longview
If the checksum portion of the file is getting damaged somewhere between you and the user, is it possible something else is too. Even if it is something more or less inconsequential.

Reactions: chumboy

chumboy

Mar 9, 2011
Treasure Island, FL
It works fantastic. Been using it for a week+ now. Unless I missed something, what makes you think it isn't working?

There just aren't many users responding that they've tried it and it works.
Purely a numbers game for me based on previous experiences with newly rooted tablets/phones.

Plus, I'm not fully understanding the complete instructions.
Is this TWRP only?
I guess we need root before installing this, but the only rooting method I've found installs CWM...does this overwrite CMW?

Last edited:

jeffw111

Aug 27, 2010
To answer the first question yes this does work I flashed it onto my Tab3 without any problem. Technically you should be able to use Odin to flash TWRP recovery and then use the root.zip file from DutchDanny's CWM thread to gain root access.

Reactions: chumboy

Doctor_XXX

May 13, 2012
Oceanside, CA
To answer the first question yes this does work I flashed it onto my Tab3 without any problem. Technically you should be able to use Odin to flash TWRP recovery and then use the root.zip file from DutchDanny's CWM thread to gain root access.

I'd agree with this. I personally used the CWM process, but using TWRP first, then root #SHOULD# work.

xtacydima

May 10, 2010
Somehow TWRP just doesn't seem smooth like it does on my phones and other tablet. I have to click stuff slowly and sometimes if I scroll too fast through a list for example to find a file to flash it takes me back to the main screen.

Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
Somehow TWRP just doesn't seem smooth like it does on my phones and other tablet. I have to click stuff slowly and sometimes if I scroll too fast through a list for example to find a file to flash it takes me back to the main screen.

Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

someone please help me figure out the right way to root my galaxy tab 10.1..do i root first???? how??? do i flash TWRP first?? im so lost... please help!!!!!!:good:

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
someone please help me figure out the right way to root my galaxy tab 10.1..do i root first???? how??? do i flash TWRP first?? im so lost... please help!!!!!!:good:

Flash either this or cwm using Odin first and then you can install the root.zip from DutchDanny's recovery/root thread and run stock rooted or his custom ROM from that thread.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium HD app

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
Ok thanks...so I installed the root.zip on my external sd card..after I flash twrp..how do I install the root.zip?...also I have recovery_final.tar.md5...is that the right one?

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Ok thanks...so I installed the root.zip on my external sd card..after I flash twrp..how do I install the root.zip?...also I have recovery_final.tar.md5...is that the right one?

Boot into recovery by powering down the tab. Press the home button + volume up + power button and hold them. It should boot into twrp recovery. Install the root.zip from sdcard.
recovery_final.tar.md5 is cwm recovery instead of twrp. I like it better and use it, but even DucthDanny said once to use twrp to someone having an issue.
Hope this helps.
I need to write a tutorial for rooting installing custom ROMs and stuff so we all can get this from one thread.

Reactions: hackstermind

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
Boot into recovery by powering down the tab. Press the home button + volume up + power button and hold them. It should boot into twrp recovery. Install the root.zip from sdcard.
recovery_final.tar.md5 is cwm recovery instead of twrp. I like it better and use it, but even DucthDanny said once to use twrp to someone having an issue.
Hope this helps.
I need to write a tutorial for rooting installing custom ROMs and stuff so we all can get this from one thread.

Ok..im having trouble getting the recovery file into the pda slot, for some reason my files are hard to find :(..can I get a direct link to the right file because dutch dannys filehost site is whack..it says something like recovery santos wifi? Weird..thanks all

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Ok..im having trouble getting the recovery file into the pda slot, for some reason my files are hard to find :(..can I get a direct link to the right file because dutch dannys filehost site is whack..it says something like recovery santos wifi? Weird..thanks all

You just have to unzip the file from DutchDannys Bindroid site and you'll end up with a recovery file that ends in md5 which is the file to put in the pda slot.

Apologies to the OP for getting off topic in your thread.

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
You just have to unzip the file from DutchDannys Bindroid site and you'll end up with a recovery file that ends in md5 which is the file to put in the pda slot.

Apologies to the OP for getting off topic in your thread.

I have tried to unzip Dutch Dannys file..I can't get odin to read the md5 file..can someone please give me step by step instructions to get my recovery working...thanks...very frustrating

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To do: Cosmetic enchancements for our devices.​

DOWNLOAD UPDATED. Screen Lags mostly fixed! Odin file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!kEUzAS5a!a6TA0xuSg-pEYxSmZxnjmcB7cNOwRCZ_MqMiwXvD65c

Thanks to all who supported and help me, especially to HazouPH - i use his patches and sources to fix recovery glitches.
    Any luck updating the recovery with the new files?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

First post updated now. Most lags are gone, but still some microglitches present.
    So, @Angel_666 , Can you confirm my better understanding. This TWRP is version 2.7 and is complied from a 2.7 branch. The 2.6 listed on the recovery is incorrect and simply an oversight that doesn't affect the function of the recovery in any way The version numbering error can be fixed some day when you get around to it. Is this correct?

Absolutely right. As for other bugs - i try to fix it as i can (CM11 take all my free time now)
    Listen guys this is at this point in TESTING Mode, maybe we need to say is in ALPHA stage. Both recovery's have issues.

And yet I am very grateful to those that made it available to us.

I used CWM to root without an issue. BUTTTTT when I try to backup the result was a backup with incomplete files. Many here claims that they got it after 4 hours! So for me backups in CWM are unacceptable at this point. I personally can not trust it.

In my opinion TWRP is behaving a little bit better. Yes you press a Button and have to wait 3 seconds for it to respond. And yes when you navigate from time to time it bring you to Home!!. But learn to leave with the only tools we have. What else you can do!!! There is no development going on for us. We need to work with what we have.

Just be careful with TWRP. Ensure the Tab3 is in a Flat surface. Do not hold it in you hands to prevent false inputs to the screen. Carefully pressing a button and Wait the 3 seconds. Do not Press More than onces. Just Wait. You will see that it will do its job. And yes that slider is really a pain. Just Press firm and Slide at a moderate speed and wait 3 seconds. Then you can try again.

The secrete, be patient, wait. And yes lets hope that some body will help us correct this problem.

I had used it more than 12 times, testing the roms exposed in this forum. Zip install, backup and restore are working.

Enjoy.
    I am new to TWRP and infarct I even got scare my self once by deleting the system partition. I did not new how to navigate to get to my External SDcard. Things that we learn.

In the CWM tread a friend ask how to do exactly the same in CWM. But since I am not using CWM any more I will post the answer here with TWRP solution. I hope you forgive me.

Hi guys...I am new to this device but not new to flashing roms. Here's my problem hoping someone can help out.

After I flashed CWM 6.028, rebooted, it won't read the sdcard hence I cannot flash anything else. It says "E:Can't mount /sdcard/". What can I do?

Thanks..

I used CWM to root my device first time. It work perfect. But I could not obtain a full backup so I stop using it. And I start using TWRP. TWRP response very slow some time you have to wait 3 seconds after you press a button. And it tend to bring you to Home Screen when you are trying to press buttons!

You can easily change the recovery with ODIN. So moving from CWM to TWRP or the other way is easily done even if you have problems with the rest. I my self lock me out when I deleted the system with TWRP so the P5210 did not boot.

If you decide to use TWRP remember to place the P5210 on a Flat surface not on your hands. With at least 50% Charge. TWRP is Laggy! So use only one finger and carefully press Firmly for your selection. Then wait for the tablet to respond. Most of the time you have to wait 3 seconds. Do not Press twice, wait. Clearly is it pass let say about 10 seconds you can try again. If you are slow the from time to time a Lock image Pops up and you have to Firmly Press in the Blue AREA and Slide you finger on a moderate speed.

Enabling External SDCARD

*Using TWRP I enable the reading of the SDCARD (external SDCARD). To do this PRESS [Mount] in the Home Screen. In my case <cache> and <Data> partitions where already selected. To Enable "External SDCARD" I selected <Micro SDcard>. Then hit BACK Button in the White Border Area of the P5210.

But the first time I found my self unable to select the zip file from the external SDCARD to Install! What I did was Copy the File from the External SCARD to the INTERNAL so that I could install the zip. But this should not be required. I guess you could boot again in recovery to see if it get mounted. Please see at the end How to copy a file from external to internal if you need it.

Installing ZIP from external Sdcard

* Now Press [Install]

A windows Pop up withe a message "Select Zip to Install" You should be at "\emmc" directory. But if you need to used the zip in the external navigate to "\sdcard". yes in my case Internal is mounted at "\emmc" and external Sdcard is at "\sdcard".

*So Press <(Up A Level)>

*Use 1 finger to swipe in the Up direction in the Folder area to be able to rool up and look at the area where the "\sdcard is located"

*Press <\sdcard>

In the right side are the files so select the zip you need to install

* Press over the zip File in my case "BinDroid_ONE_P5210_V3.0.0.zip".
    A new windows pop with message "Warning this Operation may install ..."

You should select the "zip signature verification" ( Clearly is your file is not signed then you do not used it)

* Press firmly in the Blue area and "Swipe to Confirm"

There are other options to cancel or add more zip. Amusing you confirm then you need to wait. Do Not Touch your screen until it finished. And when Reboot let the device initialized. Until it requires input from you.

Copy Method
    *To Copy the ZIP I Press: [Advance]+[ File Manager]

Then Navigate to "\sdcard" this the directory that TWRP is mounting my External SDCARD! I know confusing no! Why it does not use "\extSdcard" I do not know! But maybe that is where you have to look in CWM.

I then copy the ZIP, in my case I used "BinDroid_ONE_P5210_V3.0.0.zip". But I guess you could use "GRIEVOUS STOCK.zip". You can find it in his thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48956466&postcount=42 But I have not use that one my self yet!

*To copy the file from the external to the internal while in the "\scdacrd" select the zip file ( I selected BinDroid_ONE_P5210_V3.0.0.zip) by presing over the file <BinDroid_ONE_P5210_V3.0.0.zip> on the right side where the files are. Left are for folders.

A Window Pop up with header "File Selected /sdcard/BinDroid_ONE_P5210_V3.0.0.zip"

*I Press [Copy File].

A Window Pop up with Header "Browse to destination Folder & Press Select"

* So I Press "<Up A Level>"

* Then Select </emmc> folder, again I know weird no! But that is what I use. Please verify that that is where your "Internal SDCARD" is mounted.

* While inside "/emmc" PRESS [Select Folder]

A Windo Pop Up "Copying /sdcard/BinDroid_ONE_P5210_V3.0.0.zip to /emmc" "Press back to cancel"

*To execute Press Firmly in the Blue and "Swipe to Confirm"

A new window "Copying" "Updating partition details"

If everything goes right you will see "File Operation complete Successful".

*Press [Back]

You can then navigate to select another file. In my case I navigate again to "\emmc" to double check that the BinDroid_ONE_P5210_V3.0.0.zip was copied.

Now we can install the zip

*Press Back button in the white area(Border of P5210) near the Home to go to Home. We are in the Advance menu. Press again to go to home.

I guess the Back Icon is in the Top Window too! And there is a Home Icon too!. But There is a Square icon with dots that when press the screen kind of freezes! I am no TWRP user I guess that is for system messages, I have move out by pressing that button again. But Since I am not sure I try to be away of it.

* Now I can use the Install. PRESS [Install] Explain before