[RECOVERY][unified] Official TWRP touch recovery for OnePlus 3/3T

dianlujitao

Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2013
Chengdu
www.dianlujitao.com
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is not void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
Features:
  • All function in a normal TWRP
  • Multi-language support
  • USB OTG
  • Decrypt /data
  • F2FS

Tips:
  • kernel is based on CAF Oreo-MR1 tag: LA.UM.6.5.r1-05300-8x96.0
  • All QSEE blobs(decrypt related) are pulled from OxygenOS Open Beta 30
  • I just tested compatibility with encrypted Oreo OxygenOS and LineageOS, no guarantee it works with any pre-Oreo encrypted /data

Install guide:
1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
2. Enter fastboot mode
3. Unlock your bootloader
4. Run "fastboot flash recovery imgfilename.img" in command line
5. Reboot and enjoy it:)

Download:
https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html

Source code:

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
dianlujitao

Version Information

Created 2018-01-31
Last Updated 2018-02-01

xpissio

Mar 1, 2015
Padova
@dianlujitao
what happens to this thread now > [Recovery] Official TWRP for the OnePlus 3 & 3T
@jcadduono retired as its Maintainer?
and TWRP OnePlus 3 page reflects build twrp-3.2.1-0-oneplus3.img with build date as: 2017-12-09 23:34:16 EST
As you can see, the (old) manteiner abandoned the thread.

For the download, as you can read: "http://build.twrp.me/twrp-3.2.1-0-oneplus3.img(will be available on TWRP site soon)"

It means that for now you have to download the new TWRP build from that link.
And it will be avaible on official TWRP website later.

Reactions: thomasnsr

dinindourden

Dec 18, 2015
Is there a workaround for the slow TWRP loading issue.
I always had this with every version when it takes more than a minute for the TWRP to load.
Op3t

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
I always had this with every version when it takes more than a minute for the TWRP to load.
Op3t
you must be on F2FS
going EXT4 reduces startup significantly

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
Op3t
That's weird, I'm on stock file format too (eversince) and never ever experienced a "one minute TWRP splash screen", it's more like 10 seconds, no matter what TWRP version or how full storage is...

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Reactions: theduke7

dianlujitao

Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2013
Chengdu
www.dianlujitao.com
@dianlujitao
what happens to this thread now > [Recovery] Official TWRP for the OnePlus 3 & 3T
@jcadduono retired as its Maintainer?
and TWRP OnePlus 3 page reflects build twrp-3.2.1-0-oneplus3.img with build date as: 2017-12-09 23:34:16 EST
jcadduono hasn't been active since Nougat. In fact official Nougat TWRP is based on my tree, but I'm not actually "maintaining" it. Now some people cannot mount /data in TWRP after installing Oreo, time to fix it and keep it up-to-date.

akhilashokk

May 26, 2016
Kottayam
Hi there, I'm currently on OOS Beta 22 on my 3T. I wanted to root my device with magisk. But I have come across so many posts describing about decryption problem, such as 3T stock bootimage has dm-verity which prevents from booting if I swipe to enable system modifications. To get rid of this I have to flash 'dm-verity forced encryption disabler script'. But I read in the OP that all the blobs related to these problem has been fixed by the dev! If so do I have to flash this zip in BTW the rooting procedure.

pendragon666

May 31, 2012
just installed the latest and now it won't accept my password. i tried changing it and disabling it from the security settings but it does not work. the previous twrp i used never ascked for passes. log attached.

Attachments