[RECOVERY] [UNIFIED] [TWRP-3.1.0-0] Samsung Galaxy J5 [MM][LL]

Search This thread

Wolverinedd2

Oct 5, 2017
It doesnt install

I tried installing it but it didn't work on my SMJ500F. Odin says pass but when I boot to recovery it is the same old stock recovery.:confused::confused::confused:

justcobain

Feb 2, 2012
think You might need to add this info.
i couldnt root my j500fn, all the time got fail (auth).
after reading about it i found out that OEM is off in some phones and actually was in mine.

please activate developer options to Allow the device to be OEM unlocked.
that will turn off the safety software what is blocking the root.

go to settings/about device(on the bottom of settings)/software info/and press 8 times on build number.
that will unlock developer options.
go back 2 times to settings again and u have before "about device" now option to developer options, go in and turn on OEM unlock. u will need to confir it. i add as well usb debugging just in case.
turn off ur phone and try again, im sure it will work.
nexus is the only phones that OEM unlock is active from factory.
hope that helps....it helped me a lot.

121f722c3506f8851da6ead3e9d9f666.png

TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy J5.

DISCLAIMER:
Code:
Your warranty is now void.
I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1.Download and install Odin,usb drivers.
2.Power off the device and boot into download mode by holding [VOLUME DOWN/HOME & POWER].
3.A Warning screen appears,now press volume up once and connect the phone to the PC.
4.Open Odin with admin rights and you should see the phone added at some ID COM: port if not then you have to download and install the appropriate drivers.
5.Now click on AP and select the downloaded recovery file.
6.Hit start and the flashing will be done in a few seconds and the device reboots.
7.Hold VOLUME UP+POWER+HOME buttons to boot into recovery.

Enjoy!!

This should work on all J5 variants running on official stock Marshmallow without any issue.Test and report back so that your variant can be added to the supported device list..

TWRP DOWNLOAD UNIFIED(3.1.0-0)
TWRP

Old Downloads(3.0.2-0)

Mirror(Google Drive) : Old Downloads
Please provide a link of this thread over your blogs instead of the direct download link.

NOTE : For some reasons twrp gets replaced back with the stock recovery if we left the device to reboot into system after flashing. To overcome this issue untick the Auto Reboot from the options in Odin and flash the recovery by following the above steps. Now right after flashing is done,power off the device and power it on by holding [ VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER] to enter into the recovery and 'swipe to allow modifications'.
Be careful while backing up and playing around with efs partition,you might loose your IMEI.!!
BUGS :
You tell me!!

Sources & INFO :
Recovery Kernel : 3.10.x
Created : 12-07-2016
Last Updated : 28-07-2016
Sources : Github J5 Organization

CM13 under development ;)

Changelog:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
September 27,2016:-
- Added separate recoveries for each variant.

July 28, 2016:-
- Fixed mtp.
- Removed mouse cursor.
- Updated kernel source to caf.

July 12, 2016:-
- Initial release.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Contributors :
@Nick Verse
@jackeagle
@ganesh varma

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP-3.0.2-0 , Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
ganesh varma, Nick Verse

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2016-07-28

Created 2016-11-06
Last Updated 2017-05-30

LAXRAJSINH

Feb 11, 2015
mundra
Please help me. I have rooted my j500f 6.0.1 , twrp works well but every time "recovery not seandroid enforcing " when i go in twrp comes in red on top of the left side , have I did anything wrong Please help
How can I remove this mssg ?.
Thanks in advance.
Another one question , jio sim was working very well on this mobile and VOlte was available earlier but now only llte comes no volte , is there any flash file for me
Sorry for my bad English. :(

Last edited:

LAXRAJSINH

Feb 11, 2015
mundra
Don't worry, this is normal for a custom recoveryTWRP!
Use it and enjoy by it

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Thank you sir :D

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Sir only one solution I am finding for my device , Volte sign was comes earlier but now no volte only Lte comes, any way to get back my Volte again? I tried lots of thing but no success!

Pakalini

Sep 25, 2016
Vilnius
successfully booted J500FN into new TWRP now looking how to root it if it's needed at all before flashing LineageOS 14.1 7.1.2 Nougat.

rhn19

Apr 30, 2015
Pune
successfully booted J500FN into new TWRP now looking how to root it if it's needed at all before flashing LineageOS 14.1 7.1.2 Nougat.
You don't need root to flash ROM.:(

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Thank you sir :D

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Sir only one solution I am finding for my device , Volte sign was comes earlier but now no volte only Lte comes, any way to get back my Volte again? I tried lots of thing but no success!
I can tell you this is not related to flashing TWRP.

azoga

Jan 31, 2015
almarj
I tried all the twpr of my device j500f
With the Odin program, the operation was successful, but when I got into the twpr recovery, I found the original recovery .
???

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
With the Odin program, the operation was successful, but when I got into the twpr recovery, I found the original recovery .
???
In Odin you must untick auto reboot and when the download finishes just take the battery out. When android restarts after flashing a custom recovery it sometimes reverts back to the stock recovery

Reactions: azoga

Taivotat2

Jul 15, 2016
Parnamirim
???
That's why after flashing through Odin you avoid reboot. Because to changes become permanent you need to enter recovery BEFORE entering system, with combo power+home+ vol up, and then make changes permanent when TWRP asks for it. Otherwise when rebooting you will be back with stock recovery.

Reactions: azoga

azoga

Jan 31, 2015
almarj
In Odin you must untick auto reboot and when the download finishes just take the battery out. When android restarts after flashing a custom recovery it sometimes reverts back to the stock recovery
:good::good::good: thanks

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

That's why after flashing through Odin you avoid reboot. Because to changes become permanent you need to enter recovery BEFORE entering system, with combo power+home+ vol up, and then make changes permanent when TWRP asks for it. Otherwise when rebooting you will be back with stock recovery.

:good::good::good:

showmak

Dec 24, 2015
Please Help!!!
I am struggling to Install TWRP, I am getting Secure Check Fail: recovery Custom Binary(recovery) Blocked by FRP Lock. Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked in Odin Options. And here is the Odin Log
2018_03_07_10_29_04.png

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Please Help!!!
I am struggling to Install TWRP, I am getting Secure Check Fail: recovery Custom Binary(recovery) Blocked by FRP Lock. Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked in Odin Options. And here is the Odin Log
2018_03_07_10_29_04.png

OK, Solved.
I forgot to enable OEM unlocking.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    121f722c3506f8851da6ead3e9d9f666.png

TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy J5.

DISCLAIMER:
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.Download and install Odin,usb drivers.
    2.Power off the device and boot into download mode by holding [VOLUME DOWN/HOME & POWER].
    3.A Warning screen appears,now press volume up once and connect the phone to the PC.
    4.Open Odin with admin rights and you should see the phone added at some ID COM: port if not then you have to download and install the appropriate drivers.
    5.Now click on AP and select the downloaded recovery file.
    6.Hit start and the flashing will be done in a few seconds and the device reboots.
    7.Hold VOLUME UP+POWER+HOME buttons to boot into recovery.

Enjoy!!

This should work on all J5 variants running on official stock Marshmallow without any issue.Test and report back so that your variant can be added to the supported device list..

TWRP DOWNLOAD UNIFIED(3.1.0-0)
    TWRP

Old Downloads(3.0.2-0)

Mirror(Google Drive) : Old Downloads
    Please provide a link of this thread over your blogs instead of the direct download link.

NOTE : For some reasons twrp gets replaced back with the stock recovery if we left the device to reboot into system after flashing. To overcome this issue untick the Auto Reboot from the options in Odin and flash the recovery by following the above steps. Now right after flashing is done,power off the device and power it on by holding [ VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER] to enter into the recovery and 'swipe to allow modifications'.
    Be careful while backing up and playing around with efs partition,you might loose your IMEI.!!
    BUGS :
    You tell me!!

Sources & INFO :
    Recovery Kernel : 3.10.x
    Created : 12-07-2016
    Last Updated : 28-07-2016
    Sources : Github J5 Organization

CM13 under development ;)

Changelog:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
    September 27,2016:-
    - Added separate recoveries for each variant.

July 28, 2016:-
    - Fixed mtp.
    - Removed mouse cursor.
    - Updated kernel source to caf.

July 12, 2016:-
    - Initial release.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Contributors :
    @Nick Verse
    @jackeagle
    @ganesh varma

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP-3.0.2-0 , Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    ganesh varma, Nick Verse

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2016-07-28

Created 2016-11-06
    Last Updated 2017-05-30
    Contacted AFH over this issue and there isn't any response from them yet, i can't re-upload the file since i don't have it anymore. Will see if i get time to make a new one TWRP-3.1.0.0

P.S: This doesn't mean I'm back! :good:
    Unified TWRP 3.1.0-0

The twrp has been updated to latest and now boots on both Bootloaders. Also there's no more hassale of needing separate recoveries for each and every variant. Thanks to @SoUnd001 for his unified init. Lemme know if you have found any bugs.

NOTE: The screen goes glitchy for a second during the boot of TWRP on LL bootloaders. This isn't a bug and is caused due to the kernel display drivers being altered to get initialized by the LL BL. So don't go paranoid over this thing.
    Talking about Paranoid. i'll be working on paranoid N rom soon.
    :good:
    J500H also have Marshmallow !!
    Can we use this recovery to j500h ? Or it is only for j500f ?

I have built this from official MM kernel sources so it should work,give it a try. And please remove the whole post from the quote.
    THX to you and what about root???

Hello everyone,I have updated the links!! you can root by flashing CF-Root.