• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Recovery][UNIOFFICIAL] Desire 825 TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0 (a56uhl)

Search This thread

sabpprook

Dec 8, 2011
Kaohsiung
Here is the latest TWRP recovery for HTC Desire 825 (a56uhl)

Download: twrp-3.1.1-0-a56uhl-unofficial.img

1. Unlock bootloader
2. boot / flash twrp.img

You can boot to TWRP and do backup first to get stock ROM backup
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-0-a56uhl-unofficial.img

Flash TWRP to recovery partition (overwrite stock recovery)
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-a56uhl-unofficial.img

Github: https://github.com/sabpprook/android_device_htc_a56uhl

Last edited:
Reactions: navcar and Cro007

navcar

Jun 9, 2010
Sydney
I found what appears to be a mirror to the dead link in the OP - I've attached it to this post.

However, the OP also has a newer 3.1.1-0 build available from the GitHub link (from post #1):
https://github.com/sabpprook/android_device_htc_a56uhl/releases

I've unlocked my bootloader, put in a micro sd and booted up twrp with fastboot boot recovery.img to do a stock backup. Then rooted with the latest Magisk zip. So far, so good :good:

Attachments

• TWRP825.zip
    12.3 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:

navcar

Jun 9, 2010
Sydney

Hey @sabpprook, I tried to build twrp myself with your device git repo (cloned in "device/htc/a56uhl/"). Used the minimal twrp manifest from here (twrp-6.0 branch). After successful build, device just freezes on fastboot screen after executing "fastboot boot out/target/product/a56uhl/boot.img". Any ideas?

Update: Nvm got it to work!! Did a clean set up (repo init and sync).

Last edited:
Reactions: sabpprook

neznan

Mar 14, 2018
Hi, a friend of mine has accidentally deleted all of her photos (HTC Desire 825). Is it possible to get them back via:

unlock bootloader -> twrp recovery -> suppersu -> diskdigger ? Or is there no point of doing that?

silver2004

Feb 10, 2017
I have a weird issue after flashing the TWRP on my Desire 825.
After i power off the phone and plug in the charger - TWRP launches and the screen is unresponsive (i cannot "slide to unlock" in TWRP) and have to restart the phone by pressing Power+Vol Up+Vol down.

Anyone knows how to fix this? Having flashed twrp on many phones and this is the first time such behaviour....

Top Liked Posts