• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNLOCKED BL] TWRP 3.5.0_9-1

Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hello everybody,

I successfully unlocked the bootloader following this tutorial https://forum.xda-developers.com/ki.../thor-unlocking-bootloader-firmware-t3463982. I have used the files "twrp_cubed.img and aboot_vuln.mbn".

Question now to you: I can easily make an update to TWRP apollo-twrp-3.1.1-1.img or is the file twrp_cubed.img a special case of the TWRP as with the Safestrap?
The special 'cubed' version of TWRP can be replaced with any build from this thread once the bootloader is unlocked. There are several ways to apply an update. Perhaps the easiest is to use Flashify available in the Play Store or APKMkrror ([url="http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/christian-gollner/flashify/”]here[/url]).

Cautions:
- be sure to download the proper build for your device (Apollo or Thor)
- suggest verifying signature (MD5) after download
- always a good idea to backup existing recovery in Flashify
- double check partition selection; TWRP gets installed to recovery
- jamming a recovery image into the boot partition will brick device
- see OP for further guidance

Last edited:

HyperCookieHD

Jul 23, 2016
You sir, are a legend.
It's amazing to see such great people supporting old devices.
I remember back in the day when there was limited functionality on the device, where you had to use safestrap to use ROMS.
You've come leaps and bounds since then, with finding exploits to unlock the bootloader and flash custom firmware without the need of safestrap.

Keep up with the great work!

yachxc

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks for provide this recovery! Now my hdx's touch screen is not working, I try to follow your solution link, but the new-flash recovery is not available for adb. I tried using Android kitchen to unpack apollo-twrp-3.1.1-1.img, but there is no boot.img-ramdisk dir to find and edit the file default.prop. I also tried same progress on other suitable recovery, but something wrong with repack. After flash the repacked recovery.img, using "adb/fastboot reboot recovery" hdx just load into fastboot mode. Can you compile a recovery.img with adb access? It seems like need full Android resource code and correct makefile with linux, that's too complicated to me. Thanks anyway.
BTW, I try to execute flash command in system, but it end with "ERROR: input driver not found". Is that means can't get touch screen rework? If so just forget my ask...

yachxc

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks for provide this recovery! Now my hdx's touch screen is not working, I try to follow your solution link, but the new-flash recovery is not available for adb. I tried using Android kitchen to unpack apollo-twrp-3.1.1-1.img, but there is no boot.img-ramdisk dir to find and edit the file default.prop. I also tried same progress on other suitable recovery, but something wrong with repack. After flash the repacked recovery.img, using "adb/fastboot reboot recovery" hdx just load into fastboot mode. Can you compile a recovery.img with adb access? It seems like need full Android resource code and correct makefile with linux, that's too complicated to me. Thanks anyway.
BTW, I try to execute flash command in system, but it end with "ERROR: input driver not found". Is that means can't get touch screen rework? If so just forget my ask...
This is due to hardware problems, please ignore my last post.

Like 20 Bears

Jan 3, 2018
Download for thor-twrp-3.1.1-1.img on androidfilehost.com isn't working. Is it just me? :(

thor-twrp-3.1.1-0.img and thor-twrp-3.1.0-0.img (which I'm currently using since 3.1.1-0 seems to have trouble flashing Gapps) work just fine.

Unless this is working for everyone else, would it be possible to reupload or provide an alternate dl? :)

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Download for thor-twrp-3.1.1-1.img on androidfilehost.com isn't working. Is it just me? :(

thor-twrp-3.1.1-0.img and thor-twrp-3.1.0-0.img (which I'm currently using since 3.1.1-0 seems to have trouble flashing Gapps) work just fine.

Unless this is working for everyone else, would it be possible to reupload or provide an alternate dl? :)
Works fine here, both Apollo and Thor. Used Washington DC mirror (USA). Confirming fileid: thor-twrp-3.1.1-1.img

Reactions: Like 20 Bears

NundCo

Apr 7, 2018
rename the files ?

Hi
i need twrp_cubed.img and aboot_vuln.mbn

can i use the twrp3.1.1-1 and renam this? and i dont found the aboot file:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Must have an unlocked bootloader

Installation
    - Use Flashify OR:
    - Go into fastboot mode
    - Install using the following command where <recovery-image> is the relevant file for your device

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery-image>

*** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
    Downloads
    All TWRP Builds for Apollo and Thor

Source Code
    - Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    ggow

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-25
    New Build is Up

- Dated 25 May 2017
    - TWRP 3.1.1-1
    - Fix issues from previous build(s)
    - Tested latest versions of : lineageos + opengapps micro + supersu + viper4android
    - Regression tested: factory reset, wipe, mount, file manager
    New Build is Up

- Dated 24 August 2018
    - Initial release of version 3.2.3
    New Build is Up

- Dated 31 August 2016
    - TWRP 3.0.2.0
    - MD5 checked both Apollo and Thor files
    New Build is Up

- Dated 17 April 2017
    - TWRP 3.1.0-0 Upstream
    - Also made all previous builds available