• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNLOCKED BL] TWRP 3.5.0_9-1

Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Reactions: CocoBun

brainwash123

Jun 27, 2012
I am currently on SS with twrp2.7. Tried installing yhe latest twrp via Flashify but I still get the old recovery. I don't have access to a computer right now so trying to do everything on my thor. Also flashed the img using the twrp app but got the same behavior.
Am I missing some steps or do i need to flash an intermediary version first?

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I am currently on SS with twrp2.7. Tried installing yhe latest twrp via Flashify but I still get the old recovery. I don't have access to a computer right now so trying to do everything on my thor. Also flashed the img using the twrp app but got the same behavior.
Am I missing some steps or do i need to flash an intermediary version first?
Wow - amazing you didn't brick it. Typically such reckless stunts have less than favorable outcomes.

First, you do not have TWRP 2.7; only an emulation that runs in the system partition. It can not be used to recover your device nor install images other than those specifically built for SafeStrap.

Aside from the presence of SS your device is just like any other rooted HDX running FireOS. You will need to install a vulnerable bootloader (aboot) first before flashing a true twrp image. Once that's done you can go about unlocking the bootloader which is a prerequisite to running most custom ROMs.

Do you have access to a Linux or OS X device?

brainwash123

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply. My bad, I distinctly remember unlocking the BL but now realize it was another tablet.
I can get access to a win10 machine, possibly to virtual machines, until I get back home.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks for the reply. My bad, I distinctly remember unlocking the BL but now realize it was another tablet.
I can get access to a win10 machine, possibly to virtual machines, until I get back home.
Unlocking via Windows can be challenging unless versed in driver management and comfortable working at a traditional command prompt (not PowerShell). A "1 click" script streamlines the process from a Linux or OS X host (no virtual machines). In either case you'll need to do some reading.

Good luck.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/kindle-fire-hdx/general/multi-platform-1-click-bootloader-t3241014

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ki...ing-bootloader-firmware-t3463982/post68742099

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ki...ing-bootloader-firmware-t3463982/post75284993

Last edited:
Reactions: sol-invictus

mecatro

Nov 4, 2012
@ggow: could you please build another version with other orientations? My Hdx has some dead pixels and I cannot swipe to flash.
Thank you so much.

gigah

Mar 21, 2014
mistake

I made a mistake
I have the recommended twrp that does not read the USB keys, even with otg cable, HDX apollo is not seen if I connect it to the PC.
I have NO roms in the device.
The previous version of twpr always saw my flash drives.
Is there a way to insert it and install a ROM?

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I made a mistake
I have the recommended twrp that does not read the USB keys, even with otg cable, HDX apollo is not seen if I connect it to the PC.
I have NO roms in the device.
The previous version of twpr always saw my flash drives.
Is there a way to insert it and install a ROM?
HDX hardware does not support OTG or any perhiperal that requires power. Not sure how prior TWRP builds supposedly "saw" your flash drives.

Fortunately, TWRP supports MTP. Tether to a Windows/OSX/Linux/etc host and drag/drop files. Alternatively, use ADB to push files to the HDX.

gigah

Mar 21, 2014
HDX hardware does not support OTG or any perhiperal that requires power. Not sure how prior TWRP builds supposedly "saw" your flash drives.

Fortunately, TWRP supports MTP. Tether to a Windows/OSX/Linux/etc host and drag/drop files. Alternatively, use ADB to push files to the HDX.
ok, but
mtp don't work if HDX is not seen if I connect it to the PC

ShibeTemple

Feb 6, 2014
legacy image availability

All Apollo TWRP .img builds under the android file host are corrupted according to Win10, 7zip, and dd.exe when trying to flash. Are there any alternatives?

All Apollo TWRP .img builds under the android file host are corrupted according to Win10, 7zip, and dd.exe when trying to flash. Are there any alternatives?

I haven't tried the images lately, but I would highly suspect your way of downloading them is broken rather than the images being corrupted on the file host.

Reactions: DB126

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Must have an unlocked bootloader

Installation
    - Use Flashify OR:
    - Go into fastboot mode
    - Install using the following command where <recovery-image> is the relevant file for your device

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery-image>

*** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
    Downloads
    All TWRP Builds for Apollo and Thor

Source Code
    - Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    ggow

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-25
    New Build is Up

- Dated 25 May 2017
    - TWRP 3.1.1-1
    - Fix issues from previous build(s)
    - Tested latest versions of : lineageos + opengapps micro + supersu + viper4android
    - Regression tested: factory reset, wipe, mount, file manager
    New Build is Up

- Dated 24 August 2018
    - Initial release of version 3.2.3
    New Build is Up

- Dated 31 August 2016
    - TWRP 3.0.2.0
    - MD5 checked both Apollo and Thor files
    New Build is Up

- Dated 17 April 2017
    - TWRP 3.1.0-0 Upstream
    - Also made all previous builds available