[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][3.5.2] TWRP for Galaxy M21 [CWB1 and Above]

Search This thread

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018

proxy.png

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

I am not the developer.

Developer: @naz664

Changelog:
Changelog :-
- Souls recovery with latest A12 support (Jan 2023)
- Updated kernel
- This recovery won't work on older stock version
So don't flash this unless you are running latest jan 2023 stock rom

How to install?
Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
  2. Turn off the phone;
  3. Press the volume down + volume up button whilst the phone is connected to a pc to boot in download mode;;
  4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
    * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
  5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
  6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
  7. Turn off the phone;
  8. Use vol down + Bixby key + USB cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
    * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, factory reset data and redo from step 5!
  9. Download TWRP.tar from download link below;
  10. Open odin and place the TWRP.tar file in AP slot and press start. Once you press start, keep holding power and volume up button and the device will reboot to recovery mode.
  11. * If you're coming from stock, go to "Wipe" > ""Format Data" > type "yes" to format data. If you skip this, Internal storage won't work in TWRP
  12. Flash the encryption_disabler.zip from the link below to disable internal storage encryption and patch stock recovery restoration.
  13. Additionally, flash TWRP_Bootlogo_patcher to patch warning screens when booting the device.
  14. If you want to root, flash Magisk.
If you're coming from other TWRP versions, download TWRP.img, reboot to recovery, tap Install > Install Image > Navigate to downloads folder > select TWRP.img > Select Recovery and swipe to confirm flash. Go to reboot and reboot to recovery and the changes will have taken place.

TWRP Source: GitHub

Credits:
  • Soul reaper
  • Nazim
  • Lmao
  • Max B
  • Darshana & Encrypted for testing
Important:
This version only works on the latest update of stock rom (M215FXXU3CWB1) and above. If you are running an older version, use the previous build of TWRP.

Download: Link

Attachments

• TWRP-3.5.2-m21-v3.1-A12.tar
    67.8 MB · Views: 1,356
Last edited:
Reactions: OldNoobOne

OldNoobOne

Hi Fredin friend,
I Recently upgraded SM-M215G device to OneUi5.1 (M215GDDS3CWD1-20230522142126) Binary 3 and TWRP (twrp-3-5-2-m21-v3-1-a12-tar)but anything I am flashing is either bootlooping or stuck on Rom Logo, I flashed (Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip) still only Rom Logo showing, how to boot the GSIs? Any help appreciated.

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Hi Fredin friend,
I Recently upgraded SM-M215G device to OneUi5.1 (M215GDDS3CWD1-20230522142126) Binary 3 and TWRP (twrp-3-5-2-m21-v3-1-a12-tar)but anything I am flashing is either bootlooping or stuck on Rom Logo, I flashed (Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip) still only Rom Logo showing, how to boot the GSIs? Any help appreciated.
Hi

If you had unencrypted data (if you could see files in internal storage) and flashed the latest stock rom, but you didn't flash encryption/multi disabler before the first boot into OneUI, it will probably cause problems.

So try formatting data and flash encryption/multi disabler (although I believe dm verity disabler also disables encryption by default, but it won't hurt flashing them). Or you can format data and not flash anything to let data stay encrypted, but then you won't be able to use the internal storage in TWRP.

Last edited:

OldNoobOne

Hi

If you had unencrypted data (if you could see files in internal storage) and flashed the latest stock rom, but you didn't flash encryption/multi disabler before the first boot into OneUI, it will probably cause problems.

So try formatting data and flash encryption/multi disabler (although I believe dm verity disabler also disables encryption by default, but it won't hurt flashing them). Or you can format data and not flash anything to let data stay encrypted, but then you won't be able to use the internal storage in TWRP.
Hi friend Fredin,
Thanks for the reply.
I used (twrp-3-5-2-m21-v3-1-a12-tar) and it is smooth (just like previous Soulr-A11 twrp) but sideload did not work while the other recovery (TWRP.3.7.0_11.-.M215FXXU3CWB1.tar) by Dev Ravindu Deshan works great too but Reboot to Recovery does not work properly all the time, so sometimes instead of Reboot to Recovery the changes happen when manually reboot to recovery using usb cable also sometimes it does not recognise pen drive. Till now I only managed to boot Tuki1.2 and the other Lineage 20 zip had Oplist error 1 issue. Hoping for GSI boot too later. Thanks for recovery :D

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Hi friend Fredin,
Thanks for the reply.
I used (twrp-3-5-2-m21-v3-1-a12-tar) and it is smooth (just like previous Soulr-A11 twrp) but sideload did not work while the other recovery (TWRP.3.7.0_11.-.M215FXXU3CWB1.tar) by Dev Ravindu Deshan works great too but Reboot to Recovery does not work properly all the time, so sometimes instead of Reboot to Recovery the changes happen when manually reboot to recovery using usb cable also sometimes it does not recognise pen drive. Till now I only managed to boot Tuki1.2 and the other Lineage 20 zip had Oplist error 1 issue. Hoping for GSI boot too later. Thanks for recovery :D
😁
I'm not the dev btw, @naz664 is

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Hi Friend,
Naz Roms great also(y)
sidetalk: Do you know how to unlock CWD1 Stock Rom bootloader? my bootloader isnt unlocked fully? And in Shaomi phones which model would you recommend, it has fastboot so.

What do you mean by it's not fully unlocked? iirc the toggle stays like that once the bootloader is unlocked.

OldNoobOne

What do you mean by it's not fully unlocked? iirc the toggle stays like that once the bootloader is unlocked.
Hi Friend,
When I had unlocked the bootloader of the same device while it had A11 loaded in it, the oem unlock button was TOTALLY GREYED OUT (I swear I'm not lying), I mean even the toggle button was greyed out but in above picture you can see toggle buttons are Blue color and oem-unlock toggle button is light-blue but not fully greyed out, I didnt relock my bootloader before flashing A13 Stock CWD1 update 😓😥
Now I cant flash GSI they refuse to boot always stuck on bootlogo.😭😭😭🥺

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Hi Friend,
When I had unlocked the bootloader of the same device while it had A11 loaded in it, the oem unlock button was TOTALLY GREYED OUT (I swear I'm not lying), I mean even the toggle button was greyed out but in above picture you can see toggle buttons are Blue color and oem-unlock toggle button is light-blue but not fully greyed out, I didnt relock my bootloader before flashing A13 Stock CWD1 update 😓😥
Don't think there is any in between state. If you can flash stuff, your bootloader is unlocked. If the GSI is not booting, that's some other issue. Try the new AOSP ROMs instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldNoobOne

OldNoobOne

Don't think there is any in between state. If you can flash stuff, your bootloader is unlocked. If the GSI is not booting, that's some other issue. Try the new AOSP ROMs instead.

Thanks Friend,
It looks like Royna's ROM zips (Lineage 20 & evolution_m21-ota-tq2b.230505.005.a1-06050648-community-unsigned.zip & crDroidAndroid-13.0-20230427-m21-v9.4.zip) not flashing, reason - TWRP error : 1 Assert failed : update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list") and repartition issue even while sideloading. The only one that boots is TukiRom1.2, I havent tried Tuki1.3 yet. I tried Roynas' TWRP files too but after boot to recovery they get stuck, the other TWRP files (TWRP-3.5.2-m21-v3.1-A12.tar & TWRP.3.7.0_11.-.M215FXXU3CWB1.tar) boot and work with some issues though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

proxy.png

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

I am not the developer.

Developer: @naz664

Changelog:
    Changelog :-
    - Souls recovery with latest A12 support (Jan 2023)
    - Updated kernel
    - This recovery won't work on older stock version
    So don't flash this unless you are running latest jan 2023 stock rom

How to install?
    Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Press the volume down + volume up button whilst the phone is connected to a pc to boot in download mode;;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + Bixby key + USB cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, factory reset data and redo from step 5!
    9. Download TWRP.tar from download link below;
    10. Open odin and place the TWRP.tar file in AP slot and press start. Once you press start, keep holding power and volume up button and the device will reboot to recovery mode.
    11. * If you're coming from stock, go to "Wipe" > ""Format Data" > type "yes" to format data. If you skip this, Internal storage won't work in TWRP
    12. Flash the encryption_disabler.zip from the link below to disable internal storage encryption and patch stock recovery restoration.
    13. Additionally, flash TWRP_Bootlogo_patcher to patch warning screens when booting the device.
    14. If you want to root, flash Magisk.
    If you're coming from other TWRP versions, download TWRP.img, reboot to recovery, tap Install > Install Image > Navigate to downloads folder > select TWRP.img > Select Recovery and swipe to confirm flash. Go to reboot and reboot to recovery and the changes will have taken place.

TWRP Source: GitHub

Credits:
    • Soul reaper
    • Nazim
    • Lmao
    • Max B
    • Darshana & Encrypted for testing
    Important:
    This version only works on the latest update of stock rom (M215FXXU3CWB1) and above. If you are running an older version, use the previous build of TWRP.

Download: Link
    Hi Friend,