• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][3.5.2_10-0][dipper] TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

ZonaRMR

Jan 27, 2014
Narnia
Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

unnamed.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel

Prerequisites:

Unlocked bootloader

What's working?

- ADB
- MTP

- DECRYPT
- And more

Download:

Source code:

Credits:
althafvly

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-19-19-33-47.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-19-19-33-47.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot_2021-01-25-20-05-11.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-25-20-05-11.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_2021-04-11-13-09-02.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-11-13-09-02.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

ZonaRMR

Jan 27, 2014
Narnia
Thankyou ZonaRMR
Does it work with LineageOS? Previous Official did not
Do you mean that?

Screenshot_2021-01-25-19-39-06.png
Screenshot_20210125-194540_Configuración.png

Official TWRP 3.5.0_9 works fine with official LOS.
I didn't get the point on this release yet, TWRP says their _10 versions are for devices released with Android 10, so _9 is correct for the good old Mi 8...

it makes sense to me since the Xiaomi Mi 8 received android 10 officially.

Reactions: vulongmos
TWRP says their _10 versions are for devices released with Android 10
Mi 8 received android 10
Spot the difference. I'm on Android 10 as well of course, soon on Android 11 and the official TWRP _09 branch supports this. Could you please explain the benefits of your unofficial version? I'd like to understand the facts before considering a test.

Last edited:

Arthur P. Dent

Oct 1, 2016
Tried to compile it on my own with your device Tree.

Got Error

FAILED: ninja: '/[...]/out/target/product/dipper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcryptfs_hw_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/[...]/out/target/product/dipper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcryptfsfde_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it
21:58:28 ninja failed with: exit status 1

Did something change on TWRP?
Greets and thanks

Sporos

Jan 6, 2020
LG G5
LG G7 ThinQ
Tried to compile it on my own with your device Tree.

Got Error

FAILED: ninja: '/[...]/out/target/product/dipper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcryptfs_hw_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/[...]/out/target/product/dipper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcryptfsfde_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it
21:58:28 ninja failed with: exit status 1

Did something change on TWRP?
Greets and thanks
Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the same error trying to build official TWRP for the mi 8 Pro.

EDIT: Turns out you can get around the error by removing the line: "TARGET_HW_DISK_ENCRYPTION := true" from your BoardConfig.mk but I'm not sure if it will be able to decrypt.

Last edited:

nortuzar

Feb 27, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 8
Hi, all day trying to flash TRWP. I want to switch from miui.eu to lineageos, so I wipe data and then try to flash LOS. Nothing work and I decided to upgrade TWRP from FASTBOOT. Nothing work, the phone got stuck on fastboot. Then with MIflash I was able to install miui global, but now I simple cant install TWRP over the MI-Recovery 3.0
I'm using diferent TWRP versions and the following commands

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img

After that black screen for a few seconds and the it boot normally to MIUI and MI Recovery 3.0 still there. Dont know what to do or combination to use
Please help!!

ZonaRMR

Jan 27, 2014
Narnia
Hi, all day trying to flash TRWP. I want to switch from miui.eu to lineageos, so I wipe data and then try to flash LOS. Nothing work and I decided to upgrade TWRP from FASTBOOT. Nothing work, the phone got stuck on fastboot. Then with MIflash I was able to install miui global, but now I simple cant install TWRP over the MI-Recovery 3.0
I'm using diferent TWRP versions and the following commands

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img

After that black screen for a few seconds and the it boot normally to MIUI and MI Recovery 3.0 still there. Dont know what to do or combination to use
Please help!!
Make sure all is working(adb, fastboot, USB port...)

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

fastboot reboot recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

unnamed.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel

Prerequisites:

Unlocked bootloader

What's working?

- ADB
    - MTP

- DECRYPT
    - And more

Download:

Source code:

Credits:
    althafvly
    Installed without problems.
    Works well on A-11
    Thank you
    Installed without problems.
    Works well on A-11
    Thank you
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Does it work with LineageOS? Previous Official did not
    Official TWRP 3.5.0_9 works fine with official LOS.
    I didn't get the point on this release yet, TWRP says their _10 versions are for devices released with Android 10, so _9 is correct for the good old Mi 8...