• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][unofficial][anthias / zenwatch] TWRP 3.0.2

Search This thread

acbka

Feb 16, 2013
Минск
TWRP recovery 3.0 zenwatch

How to install
Use this giude to unlock bootloader and boot fastboot/recovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/zenwatch/general/guide-how-to-access-recovery-zenwatch-t3167623
Warning ! Unlock bootloader wipe your data!

update
Twrp 3.0.2 For android wear 1.4
NOT INSTALL ON ANDROID WEAR 1.3 !

Download twrp 3.0.2

installation
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2_anthias.img

Photos
IMG_20160317_201247.jpgIMG_20160317_201256.jpgIMG_20160317_201347.jpg

Stock Recovery for Android Wear 1.4
installation stock recovery
Download stock recovery
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery_MEC23S.img

OLD VERSION FOR ANDROID WEAR 1.5 / TWRP 3.0 /TWRP 3.0.1

OLD VERSION FOR ANDROID WEAR 1.3 / TWRP 2.8.7.0

old version (for android wear 1.3) download twrp mega.nz
Reboot into bootloader and flash recovery
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_2.8.7.0_anthias.img

source https://github.com/asyan4ik/asus_anthias/tree/master

Last edited:

btonetbone

Twrp recovery 2.8.7.0 zenwatch

How to install

Use this giude to unlock bootloader and boot fastboot/recovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/zenwatch/general/guide-how-to-access-recovery-zenwatch-t3167623
Warning ! Unlock bootloader wipe your data!
download twrp basketbuild.com
Reboot into bootloader and flash recovery
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_2.8.7.0_anthias.img

I am not able to download the file. Getting a 404 error off the page. Any chance you could upload it to another service?

Thanks in advance!

CSX321

Aug 21, 2009
Southern IL USA
Fantastic! Flashed it and used it to flash a Wear version of SuperSU. Watch is rooted, without having to use KingRoot!
Let's see, somebody posted a system image a while back, didn't they? I guess I could flash that to unroot if there's a firmware update.

btonetbone

Fantastic! Flashed it and used it to flash a Wear version of SuperSU. Watch is rooted, without having to use KingRoot!
Let's see, somebody posted a system image a while back, didn't they? I guess I could flash that to unroot if there's a firmware update.

Yes, I pulled a system image and another user modified to successfully pass the checks that occur during updates (the original pull didn't pass). Check out this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/zenwatch/development/root-t3163248

Makes sure you read up on it, though, as it sounds like you'd need to do some legwork to get the system image to work. Relevant posts in that thread are 32, 52, and 54.

Hopefully, though, having TWRP means that someone smarter-than-I-am may develop even more elegant solutions!

Cheers!

Reactions: CSX321

hecksagon

Dec 15, 2010
Freeport, IL
Now that we have twrp we can do a system pull from an unrooted device. The system image posted in the other thread will only work on the previous version of Android Wear. Do not flash if you are up to date.

Reactions: CSX321

itechnoguy

Feb 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Flashing the system.img for the ZenWatch on LCA43 does work but I wouldn't recommend it (I had to recently wipe my watch to test something), as long as you do an update path from flashing to directly flashing the OTA zip, but it's long winded (of course now that we have TWRP, updates and flashing back to "stock" will be so much easier). That, and KingRoot seems to leave a lot of trace files.

Also as a sidenote, because of SuperSu, I was able to install Stericson's BusyBox from the app (sideloaded apk). KingRoot's root authorization window didn't play well with Android Wear.

Last edited:

hecksagon

Dec 15, 2010
Freeport, IL
Flashing the system.img for the ZenWatch on LCA43 does work but I wouldn't recommend it (I had to recently wipe my watch to test something), as long as you do an update path from flashing to directly flashing the OTA zip, but it's long winded (of course now that we have TWRP, updates and flashing back to "stock" will be so much easier). That, and KingRoot seems to leave a lot of trace files.

Also as a sidenote, because of SuperSu, I was able to install Stericson's BusyBox from the app (sideloaded apk). KingRoot's root authorization window didn't play well with Android Wear.

The current system image in the other thread still has Kingroot on it. After removing that I tried to flash SuperSU but that force closes. Would like to get somebody who has not rooted to do a twrp backup and post it. We should be able to make a new flashable clean system image from that.

itechnoguy

Feb 11, 2010
Los Angeles
The current system image in the other thread still has Kingroot on it. After removing that I tried to flash SuperSU but that force closes. Would like to get somebody who has not rooted to do a twrp backup and post it. We should be able to make a new flashable clean system image from that.

Make sure you're using this zip file to install SuperSU (it seems to be the same binary as Chainfire's) since the app itself doesn't work, and this one doesn't require authorizations (not completely safe, but it works).
(also, don't forget to unroot from the KingRoot app first; the unroot seems to be clean enough to use Wear SuperSU)

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA
Theres an app called Super SUMe, in the Play Store that'll switch out KingRoot for SuperSU. Super easy to do, one click to complete the process. Have no idea if it'll work on watches, but I guess it doesnt hurt to try? Make sure you make backup first, now that TWRP is available..
Hoping to get this watch today! or maybe the Moto360..

itechnoguy

Feb 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Theres an app called Super SUMe, in the Play Store that'll switch out KingRoot for SuperSU. Super easy to do, one click to complete the process. Have no idea if it'll work on watches, but I guess it doesnt hurt to try? Make sure you make backup first, now that TWRP is available..
Hoping to get this watch today! or maybe the Moto360..

It'll probably remove KingRoot successfully, but the Zenwatch can't launch the SuperSU app, so root authorization dialogs never show up (the su binary still gets installed, but it can't do anything without permission from the app first).

itechnoguy

Feb 11, 2010
Los Angeles
@acbka How did you set up your build environment? I wasn't exactly sure what to initially use (other than not using the CyanogenMod sources since it doesn't work well with building TWRP; I'm assuming Omni 5?).

blazinandroid1

May 1, 2014
LA
Message for all you zenwatch 2 people.. Don't try to flash this recovery. You will have a soft brick. And with no resources at this time. There is no fix.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

CSX321

Aug 21, 2009
Southern IL USA
Has anyone pulled the stock system partition? I, stupidly, didn't do it before I installed SuperSU. I'd like to be able to go back to stock, if there's another firmware update.

Top Liked Posts