[RECOVERY] Unofficial ClockworkMod v6.0.4.8 for m8vzw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dead_ohio_sky

Feb 23, 2011
I saw someone else ask, but no answer yet.

I am unable to delete the backups in the CWM back up folder.

I am using total commander and check root privileges everywhere in the apps' settings. I get an error stating files could not be deleted.
I also just tried Root Browser and it says deleted but the files are still there. I backed out of the folder and went back in. The permissions for the folder show RWX.

Any ideas? I am sure I am just missing something simple.

Are you using skyfall 1.2 by any chance? There are some issues with r/w access in that version. If you are, you should upgrade to 1.3 to resolve the issue.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: dapbmonkey4u

dapbmonkey4u

Nov 28, 2009
OP updated, new version out
- external sdcard working
- swipey controls on
- key repeating on

Is it safe to assume sdcard is the internal storage and sdcard1 is the external SD card?

I did not get the rainbow colors. It looks the same as the previous version but with the swipe control text at the bottom.

donlu30

Jan 2, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 7a
- swipey controls on
- key repeating on

I'm confused about the SD card r/w privileges. You say external is working, and it is because I have read and written to the card. However, when I try and download using my dolphin browser, I can't get dolphin to recognize the SD card. Am I missing something? Regardless, great work and thanks for making it all available to us that do not develop!

RBThompsonV

Jan 18, 2007
Columbia, PA
I'm confused about the SD card r/w privileges. You say external is working, and it is because I have read and written to the card. However, when I try and download using my dolphin browser, I can't get dolphin to recognize the SD card. Am I missing something? Regardless, great work and thanks for making it all available to us that do not develop!

SD card works IN THE RECOVERY... it has nothing to do with how your ROM handles SD cards. (Unless youve figured out a way to run dolphin browser from within a recovery program).

this is user level error...

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Can I perform a backup from one M8, and restore it on another M8? (both VZW of course). I might swap mine soon.

MattCropley

Jul 24, 2010
Raymond
i must be an idiot because i cant get this to work. I have s off and unlocked. I am on verizon as well, but everytime i try to flash this in fastboot i get "error cannot open"...

dapbmonkey4u

Nov 28, 2009
i must be an idiot because i cant get this to work. I have s off and unlocked. I am on verizon as well, but everytime i try to flash this in fastboot i get "error cannot open"...

I had the issue also. I didn't have the correct file path to where I had the file stored. I put it on desktop and used desktop/(file name)

bonbon363

Nov 19, 2009
I'm on 6.0.4.7. I had issues sideloading....would get a media write fail error at about 72%....but if you can attempt to do that in CWM you can alternatively adb push to your internal storage and then just flash the ROM or other zip file the usual way.

How do i uninstall Clockwork, every time my phone powered off with the usb cable plug in the computer it would goes into recovery mode.

I wanted to try the new Viper Rom but it only shows the installation video with TWRP recovery.

I need some help with putting TWRP recover in this Verizon HTC One M8.

Not sure i fully understand how to flash this Viper Rom with Clockwork mod.

Any help to point me to a guide is much appreciated.

Thanks

bakemcbride21

Sep 15, 2009
How do i uninstall Clockwork, every time my phone powered off with the usb cable plug in the computer it would goes into recovery mode.

I wanted to try the new Viper Rom but it only shows the installation video with TWRP recovery.

Thanks

I would recommend using TWRP to flash venom since that's what the devs say to...they seem to know a thing or two :)

You can flash VIPER it in cwm but it's hard to see as the recovery gui and the aroma installer gui overlay reach other during the process and it's really hard to see/select what you want.

For twrp, download it here: http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m8_wlv/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.2-m8_wlv.img

Then do the ol fastboot flash recovery (filename.img) no parenthesis and filename is whatever the name of the img file is.

I would place this recovery img in your adb folder to make things easier.

In detail (from a team win support page)

Fastboot Installation Method:

Download file to your computer (in your adb folder)

open a command prompt, and in command line, navigate to the folder you have the recovery
I also personally like to confirm adb sees me my phone before I start... adb devices

Reboot phone into fastboot... adb reboot bootloader

again, I like to confirm my phone is still seen...fastboot devices

Then type in fastboot flash recovery filename.img

Then type in fastboot reboot.

Reboot Phone into recovery as normal to flash VIPER

Reactions: bonbon363

eeshuz

Dec 16, 2010
If you don't understand how to flash the rom with clockwork then you might not understand the concept and should probably learn a little bit more before you mess around with your phone. That being said, all you have to do in CWM to install a rom like Viper is to make a backup first, as you should any time you're going to make a change like installing a rom, and since this will be your first installation of Viper, you should do a "wipe data/factory reset", then "install zip from sdcard", browse to the directory on your phone where you downloaded the Viper rom zip file, then install it, then reboot, and you're done.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that s-off has been released, here's a working ClockworkMod for the Verizon M8.

Pre-Requisites:
    - s-off (I'm sure you can use the search button and figure out how to do this)
    - fastboot and adb binaries (I'm sure you can use the search button and figure out how to do this)
    - download this: http://d-h.st/aXs (md5sum: 725cafdc16a6a50e760d3161c70c5fa2 )

Boot into fastboot mode:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Install the img downloaded from above:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwm_v6.0.4.8_m8vzw-3.img

You may then either boot back into your rom using: fastboot reboot
    or
    Use the menu in the bootloader to reboot or (via the HBOOT menu) reboot into recovery
    48213118.jpg

Really just a joke but thanks!
    OP updated

Now you can read the text without squinting =)

http://invisiblek.org/m8/cwm_v6.0.4.7_m8vzw-2.img
    - swipey controls on
    - key repeating on
    Not working for me....just boots back to bootloader.

sorry about that, re-download, double-check the md5sum and you should be good