• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][DEV] TWRP for the Moto Razr 5G (XT2071-5)

Search This thread

thenameisnigel

Nov 18, 2012
New York
www.iamroot.me
Team Win Recovery Project (XT2071-5) (Moto Razr 5G/smith)

home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
Moto RAZR 5G (XT2071-5)

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader.
2. Download TWRP for the XT2071-5
3. Reboot to fastboot mode
4. fastboot boot twrp_smith_v1.img (you can fastboot flash recovery if you want but as touch is not working, doesn't make sense to install it yet)
5. Do whatever you need to do in TWRP via adb (Click here for instructions on using TWRP with ADB)
6. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Support:
Some help is available in this thread. This release is mainly meant for devs so I'll be providing limited help.

Bugs:
- Touch is not working.
- Typing some commands incorrect crash TWRP.

TWRP team
Motorola

Sources:
Device tree

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Nov 18, 2012
New York
www.iamroot.me

Issue Template:​

• Detailed description of what's happening (Saying calls don't work or phone won't turn on doesn't tell me a thing. I need a detailed description of the issue.)
  • Screenshot if possible
  • Logcat (DO NOT PASTE LOGCAT IN ISSUE. USE PASTEBIN OR OTHERS AND PASTE LINK IN ISSUE).
  • Build Number

seXneo

Nov 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Thanks for this! I think adb sideload is not working. Can't find any adb devices after starting sideload

I'm using a XT2071-4 not -5. Do you know what's the difference?

thenameisnigel

Nov 18, 2012
New York
www.iamroot.me
Thanks for this! I think adb sideload is not working. Can't find any adb devices after starting sideload

I'm using a XT2071-4 not -5. Do you know what's the difference?
Tested and confirmed sideload bug, will investigate in the near future. For now, push packages to /cache and flash from there.

I have the -3. And running Android 10. Will this ever work for me?
Fastboot boot and test it. I don't own the XT2071-3 and never will so I can't speak to if it'll work on that variant. I only can speak to the device I own.
Are you still working on this twrp?
Occasionally.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project (XT2071-5) (Moto Razr 5G/smith)

home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Moto RAZR 5G (XT2071-5)

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download TWRP for the XT2071-5
    3. Reboot to fastboot mode
    4. fastboot boot twrp_smith_v1.img (you can fastboot flash recovery if you want but as touch is not working, doesn't make sense to install it yet)
    5. Do whatever you need to do in TWRP via adb (Click here for instructions on using TWRP with ADB)
    6. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Support:
    Some help is available in this thread. This release is mainly meant for devs so I'll be providing limited help.

Bugs:
    - Touch is not working.
    - Typing some commands incorrect crash TWRP.

TWRP team
    Motorola

Sources:
    Device tree