• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][dipper] TWRP 3.2.3.0 For Mi 8 3/9/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bassbounce

Feb 14, 2011
Betuwe
http%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg%3Dw300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262903997138
Alternative link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10-Mham_-4CFllgVWPS-QGTG5jcf9lwgH

Note this is just a hobby, but feel free to report bugs.

Kernel source: Prebuilt stock kernel

Code:
Fastboot Flashing Code
Code:
Fastboot boot Twrp.img 
Flash the recovery img again inside twrp and reboot to recovery again and it will stay.

If u are new to twrp, format data in twrp and reboot to recovery again and flash this file https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238534 after that u can flash the rom.

If u have already twrp installed, just flash the img in twrp

BUGS:
Nothing, if u find anything contact me
SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Contributors
@bassbounce
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Thanks to geoleonsh for the device tree.

Version Information:

Created 3-9-2018
Last Updated 3-9-2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-03-09-47-54.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-03-09-47-54.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 7,030
  • Screenshot_2018-09-03-09-47-58.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-03-09-47-58.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 6,921
  • Screenshot_2018-09-03-09-48-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-03-09-48-04.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 6,848
  • Screenshot_2018-09-03-09-48-10.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-03-09-48-10.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 5,350
Last edited:

gulp79

Jul 22, 2013
Rome
Installed, it works ok, but atm i've not flashed anything....

Starts in chinese language.... not in english.
Maybe is better to enable english as default language, chinese is very difficult to parse and to find a way to set another language.

This build is different from [LR.Team] (wzsx150) TWRP-3.2.3-0806 Version, because this build use official MI 8 Kernel?

bassbounce

Feb 14, 2011
Betuwe
Installed, it works ok, but atm i've not flashed anything....

Starts in chinese language.... not in english.
Maybe is better to enable english as default language, chinese is very difficult to parse and to find a way to set another language.

This build is different from [LR.Team] (wzsx150) TWRP-3.2.3-0806 Version, because this build use official MI 8 Kernel?

Thanks, I will look in that!
It was English by default when testing but I used also some files from a Chinese tree.

Edit:
Problem found i will re-upload a new img with English language set on default.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeHoang

destroymen

Dec 1, 2009
you do not say anything in which you have improved it, it works with the global beta miu10 and it is not overwritten returned original recovery? Does magisk work without bootlops?

bassbounce

Feb 14, 2011
Betuwe
you do not say anything in which you have improved it, it works with the global beta miu10 and it is not overwritten returned original recovery? Does magisk work without bootlops?

It works great with magisk 17.0 and with miui 10, always flash the img of Twrp after u flash global rom or Chinese rom just to be sure.

There is nothing to improve when it already works great.
If u like some mods in the recovery u can try to compile Redwolf recovery.

bassbounce

Feb 14, 2011
Betuwe
No bootloop for me either.
I use the latest magisk 17.1.
Treble gsi is also working with magisk 17.1 without a. Bootloop.

If u bootloop follow the guides and informations on this forum.
It isn't related to this recovery.

xXSantyXx

Aug 3, 2016
I flashed the twrp, booted into it, rebooted into twrp again, then system, and the stock recovery still as default and can't boot into twrp, what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg%3Dw300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

DOWNLOAD:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262903997138
    Alternative link
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=10-Mham_-4CFllgVWPS-QGTG5jcf9lwgH

Note this is just a hobby, but feel free to report bugs.

Kernel source: Prebuilt stock kernel

Code:
    Fastboot Flashing Code
    Code:
    Fastboot boot Twrp.img 
    Flash the recovery img again inside twrp and reboot to recovery again and it will stay.

If u are new to twrp, format data in twrp and reboot to recovery again and flash this file https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238534 after that u can flash the rom.

If u have already twrp installed, just flash the img in twrp

BUGS:
    Nothing, if u find anything contact me
    SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Contributors
    @bassbounce
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Thanks to geoleonsh for the device tree.

Version Information:

Created 3-9-2018
    Last Updated 3-9-2018
    Update 3-9-2018

Fixed vibration
    Set standard language to English
    Hello all,

I sold the Xiaomi Mi 8, so I can't support the Mi 8 anymore.

I just moved back to the Redmi Note 5, because of various of reasons.
    The main thing for me was the big notch and the lack of feedback from Xiaomi about the partential working android auto and ofc the missing notification icons.

Thanks all for the feedback! And Xda Developers thanks for getting this on the frontpage.

Bye!
    Thanks,
    Is it different in any way compared to the latest L.R Team version?

No, this is just the stock twrp with the normal additional language's.
    I flashed the twrp, booted into it, rebooted into twrp again, then system, and the stock recovery still as default and can't boot into twrp, what should I do?

Flash DM-Verity Disabler by zptg.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Thank you! Just tested the latest version, everything seems to be working, even themeing (which will cause reboot on LR Team recovery). Will update if any bugs are found! I recommend this version over the LR one for anyone who is considering.