[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][dipper] TWRP 3.2.3.0 For Mi 8 3/9/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

achickennugget

Sep 14, 2015
Singapore
I flashed the twrp, booted into it, rebooted into twrp again, then system, and the stock recovery still as default and can't boot into twrp, what should I do?

Flash DM-Verity Disabler by zptg.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Thank you! Just tested the latest version, everything seems to be working, even themeing (which will cause reboot on LR Team recovery). Will update if any bugs are found! I recommend this version over the LR one for anyone who is considering.

By.TRabZonLu™

Dec 25, 2012
Bize Her Yer Trabzon

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Thank you! Just tested the latest version, everything seems to be working, even themeing (which will cause reboot on LR Team recovery). Will update if any bugs are found! I recommend this version over the LR one for anyone who is considering.
https://zackptg5.com/downloads/Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_09.02.2018.zip
what does this file do?

Flash-User

Jul 29, 2012
Is it supporting Miui encrytion?
I tried several times encrypting my phone with xiaomi.eu rom and recovery from [LR.Team] (wzsx150) but it fails all times and i need to restore my backup.

by the way, when does it goes official?

zhu891108

Oct 7, 2012
No bootloop for me either.
I use the latest magisk 17.1.
Treble gsi is also working with magisk 17.1 without a. Bootloop.

If u bootloop follow the guides and informations on this forum.
It isn't related to this recovery.

Can you integrate magisk 17.1 into advanced settings?

Because the official beta firmware will restore the twrp to stock recovery

but if we flash magisk together, the twrp will be kept.

Reactions: By.TRabZonLu™

bassbounce

Feb 14, 2011
Betuwe
@zhu891108

No sorry, i would like to keep this stock to provide the best user experience. There are several alternatives for this like Redwolf recovery has sereral mods inside it.

Just flash twrp in this order.

Fastboot boot Twrp.img
Flash the recovery img again inside twrp and reboot to recovery again and it will stay.

Also if u are new to twrp, format data in Twrp reboot to recovery again and flash this file https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238534 after that u can flash the rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: By.TRabZonLu™

Adiyasa

May 13, 2016
Majalengka
Can you give me any tutorial to flasg magisk on global stable or global beta rom?

1. You must install twrp.
Download twrp And Install twrp with the command
"fastboot boot twrp.img" ( twrp.img = the name twrp.img)
After successfully, installing again twrp img Via twrp (so that twrp becomes permanent) And reboot Recovery. (It's in the reboot option)
After that. format data and type "yes" .Then reboot to recovery again.
If it is already. You just have to install https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238534
Then install Magisk Reboot to system.

(install first Dm verity Before Magisk.)

By.TRabZonLu™

Dec 25, 2012
Bize Her Yer Trabzon
1- What do you mean by deleted? Flash it using TWRP as you would a ROM.
2- Flash it after flashing MIUI as it modified the boot image to disable DM Verity (u need the boot image in the first place to modify it)

will my data be deleted when I load this file?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

After successfully, installing again twrp img Via twrp (so that twrp becomes permanent) And reboot Recovery. (It's in the reboot option)
If it is already. You just have to install https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238534

do you need to do these operations again after updating?

Adiyasa

May 13, 2016
Majalengka

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

1. If you want to install magisk
2. Only when you first install. That's what is said on the first page. I only explained in more detail. I've tried and succeeded. . So far the only way that works

Last edited:

destroymen

Dec 1, 2009
It works great with magisk 17.0 and with miui 10, always flash the img of Twrp after u flash global rom or Chinese rom just to be sure.

There is nothing to improve when it already works great.
If u like some mods in the recovery u can try to compile Redwolf recovery.

What version of Flash DM-Verity Disabler by zptg? not all go ok

achickennugget

Sep 14, 2015
Singapore

You have to do this for the setup initially. Hence why you must format data the first time to prevent encryption. When the phone is encrypted, DM Verity cannot read the boot file and hence cannot repackage it. When your phone is encrypted, apart from ROM update, you more or less cannot flash many modifications including magisk, unless you can decrypt it in the recovery. Do correct me if I am wrong!

mnizarm

Jan 16, 2018

Thanks so much that's very clear for me, just one more question, after format data, do I need to flash the ROM again?

xXSantyXx

Aug 3, 2016
Is there a way to install TWRP+ Dm Verity disabler + Magisk without having to format data? I don't really want to lose my data before the MIUI10 Global Stable or any custom rom comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg%3Dw300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

DOWNLOAD:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262903997138
    Alternative link
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=10-Mham_-4CFllgVWPS-QGTG5jcf9lwgH

Note this is just a hobby, but feel free to report bugs.

Kernel source: Prebuilt stock kernel

Code:
    Fastboot Flashing Code
    Code:
    Fastboot boot Twrp.img 
    Flash the recovery img again inside twrp and reboot to recovery again and it will stay.

If u are new to twrp, format data in twrp and reboot to recovery again and flash this file https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238534 after that u can flash the rom.

If u have already twrp installed, just flash the img in twrp

BUGS:
    Nothing, if u find anything contact me
    SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Contributors
    @bassbounce
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Thanks to geoleonsh for the device tree.

Version Information:

Created 3-9-2018
    Last Updated 3-9-2018
    Update 3-9-2018

Fixed vibration
    Set standard language to English
    Hello all,

I sold the Xiaomi Mi 8, so I can't support the Mi 8 anymore.

I just moved back to the Redmi Note 5, because of various of reasons.
    The main thing for me was the big notch and the lack of feedback from Xiaomi about the partential working android auto and ofc the missing notification icons.

Thanks all for the feedback! And Xda Developers thanks for getting this on the frontpage.

Bye!
    Thanks,
    Is it different in any way compared to the latest L.R Team version?

No, this is just the stock twrp with the normal additional language's.
    I flashed the twrp, booted into it, rebooted into twrp again, then system, and the stock recovery still as default and can't boot into twrp, what should I do?