Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][EXPERIMENTAL][ALPHA] TWRP for Galaxy A22 5G SM-A226B

Is touch, in TWRP, working for you?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes (on more than one device)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No (on more than one device)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Apr 9, 2022
Nexus 7
HTC EVO 3D
unnamed.png

It took me sometime, but I can now share with you a TWRP with basic functionality. You of course flash at your own risk. I am not responsible for lost warranty, lost data or any other damage to your device.

This Build of TWRP is based on:​

Working:​

• flash of zips
  • fastbootd
  • flashing of GSI images (via fastbootd)
  • MTP

Not working:​

• Probably a lot of stuff ...

What you need:​

• Unlocked bootloader.
  • Odin3 v3.13.1
  • android platform-tools and device driver.
    • adb and fastboot
  • Magisk or GSI depending on what you want to do.
  • Patience, the device can be very tricky to get to download mode.

How to flash:​

Be advised that this build is a work in progress and is not ready as a daily driver. Only flash if you know what you are doing.
  1. First read all points below, without doing anything. Warning, you will lose all your data!
  2. Download the recovery.tar from here.
  3. You start off in Odin, put recovery.tar in AP slot and the vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in the USERDATA slot, uncheck auto-reboot.
  4. After the flash is completed hold down power + volume down, instantly after device goes Black screen press and hold power + vol up to boot to TWRP
    1. if you didn't get to TWRP, you have to flash again.
  5. In TWRP, go to Advanced → terminal.
  6. Type multidisabler two times.
  7. Now go to Wipe → Format Data (not wipe) → and type yes.
  8. You can boot to system now.

Hot to install Magisk:​

Method 1, Micro-SDCard​

1. Download Magisk from here, rename the file from .apk to .zip
  2. Save the file to a Mico-SDCard
  3. Reboot the phone to TWRP.
  4. Go to Install → Select Storage → Micro-SDCard. In the file system, choose Magisk-vXX.X.zip and swipe to confirm flash.
  5. You can now Reboot to System

Method 2, sideload​

1. Download Magisk onto your PC from here, rename the file from .apk to .zip.
  2. Reboot the Phone into TWRP. Go to Advanced → ADB Sideload → Swipe to start Sideload.
  3. On your PC, type in a Terminal adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.zip
  4. You can now Reboot to System. adb reboot system

How to install GSI:​

1. Go to Wipe → Format Data (not wipe) → and type yes.
  2. Now reboot to fastboot.
  3. Connect the phone to your pc and startup a terminal of your choice.
  4. In the terminal type fastboot flash system name-of-your-gsi-iamge.img (it has to be a .img file, extract .img.xz files do not just rename them).
  5. You should now be good to go and can reboot to system.

Thanks and credits to:

Attachments

• vbmeta_disabled_R.tar
    11.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022
Nexus 7
HTC EVO 3D

How to get TWRP log files:​

recovery.log
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
OR
Advanced -> Copy Log -> Swipe to copy log to default storage

dmesg
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log
OR
Advanced -> Copy Log -> check "Include kernel log" -> Swipe to copy log to default storage

logcat
adb logcat -d > logcat.txt
OR
Advanced -> Copy Log -> check "Include Logcat" -> Swipe to copy log to default storage

Last edited:

Platypus Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2021
Yes, it runs on my A22 5G.
It worked. But I didn't read your post carefully and now I have to format data :/

Edit: Ran multidisabler twice. On the second time, it said that /system was an invalid argument

Edit2: Trying to mount partitions don't work, like trying to make a backup or using the file manager. Speaking of backups, I didn't format data because I really don't want to, and it rebooted safely (Thank god), so now I'm making a backup of apps I should have made a week ago.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022
Nexus 7
HTC EVO 3D
Edit: Ran multidisabler twice. On the second time, it said that /system was an invalid argument
It's the same for me, but no issues so far.

Edit2: Trying to mount partitions don't work, like trying to make a backup or using the file manager. Speaking of backups, I didn't format data because I really don't want to, and it rebooted safely (Thank god), so now I'm making a backup of apps I should have made a week ago.
That will be because you didn't format data. If I find sometime, I will try to reproduce that. Thank you, for testing.

Edit: Backups should work fine if you uncheck data?

Last edited:
Reactions: Platypus Enthusiast

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Works great! Thanks! Keep up the good work! (y)

Any idea why adb shell doesn't work? For the same reason why /data isn't mountable?

Last edited:

koosman911

Apr 12, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G
Thank you sir, updated recovery works perfectly on two separate phones so far, I've flashed a few gsi's and they work as far as they are able to obviously each gsi might have its own issues, the two phones I have don't have Nfc so I can't help to test that sadly. We appreciate the hard work.

Apr 9, 2022
Nexus 7
HTC EVO 3D
Thank you sir, updated recovery works perfectly on two separate phones so far, I've flashed a few gsi's and they work as far as they are able to obviously each gsi might have its own issues, the two phones I have don't have Nfc so I can't help to test that sadly. We appreciate the hard work.
Thank you. What other phones despite the A22 5G are you using the recovery with?

Edit: Ahhh, you mean, you have nothing to test NFC with?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel Experience Plus build
    SP2A.220505.002
    PixelExperience_Plus_treble_arm64_bvN-12.1-20220518-2119-UNOFFICIAL running stable on my devices all features working.
    You got me. Is it bad if I didn't install the multidisabler at all? I wanted to keep things simple.
    Root works and I can boot into TWRP as well. That's all I wanted. I am happy now :D Thank you! (y)

My only problem is this:
    How to make it permissive? On Xiaomi devices you can simply run the command setenforce 0 as root user and it will just work straight out of the box... Oh no Samsung what did you do! First you give us a fake fastboot and now this? Seriously? You have got to be kidding me! 😒

View attachment 5632043
    And how to get rid of this annoying warning message during boot?

And what about this annoying spam message during boot? How to get rid of it? Thanks (y)

I don't know why it's saying that my device isn't running official Samsung software. My device IS running stock Samsung firmware after all...

God what did I get myself into with this brand new Samsung device...

If multidisabler can get rid of those 2 annoying popup messages during boot procedure, in that case I will run multidisabler more than only twice. Probably at least a dozen times ;)(y)
    Multidisabler doesn't fix that unfortunately... There are some tutorials for extracting up_param.bin and photoshopping the image files to get rid of the warnings, but didn't work for me.

About SELinux, there's this app that might help. Link. A bit outdated but it works great.
    Is the unnoficial lineage os 12 gsi stable enough? If not will use los 11.
    Link: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

Thanks op for twrp will try it for SM-A226B once I can :)
    Please can you help? What is the command for multidisabler?
    just boot into twrp and get a shell with adb shell. Then you can execute multidisabler as a command directly
    If you had trouble with the touch screen, give the new release a try. It should be fixed. Thanks to @joaoppecurto for testing.
    unnamed.png

It took me sometime, but I can now share with you a TWRP with basic functionality. You of course flash at your own risk. I am not responsible for lost warranty, lost data or any other damage to your device.

This Build of TWRP is based on:​

Working:​

• flash of zips
    • fastbootd
    • flashing of GSI images (via fastbootd)
    • MTP

Not working:​

• Probably a lot of stuff ...

What you need:​

• Unlocked bootloader.
    • Odin3 v3.13.1
    • android platform-tools and device driver.
      • adb and fastboot
    • Magisk or GSI depending on what you want to do.
    • Patience, the device can be very tricky to get to download mode.

How to flash:​

Be advised that this build is a work in progress and is not ready as a daily driver. Only flash if you know what you are doing.
    1. First read all points below, without doing anything. Warning, you will lose all your data!
    2. Download the recovery.tar from here.
    3. You start off in Odin, put recovery.tar in AP slot and the vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in the USERDATA slot, uncheck auto-reboot.
    4. After the flash is completed hold down power + volume down, instantly after device goes Black screen press and hold power + vol up to boot to TWRP
      1. if you didn't get to TWRP, you have to flash again.
    5. In TWRP, go to Advanced → terminal.
    6. Type multidisabler two times.
    7. Now go to Wipe → Format Data (not wipe) → and type yes.
    8. You can boot to system now.

Hot to install Magisk:​

Method 1, Micro-SDCard​

1. Download Magisk from here, rename the file from .apk to .zip
    2. Save the file to a Mico-SDCard
    3. Reboot the phone to TWRP.
    4. Go to Install → Select Storage → Micro-SDCard. In the file system, choose Magisk-vXX.X.zip and swipe to confirm flash.
    5. You can now Reboot to System

Method 2, sideload​

1. Download Magisk onto your PC from here, rename the file from .apk to .zip.
    2. Reboot the Phone into TWRP. Go to Advanced → ADB Sideload → Swipe to start Sideload.
    3. On your PC, type in a Terminal adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.zip
    4. You can now Reboot to System. adb reboot system

How to install GSI:​

1. Go to Wipe → Format Data (not wipe) → and type yes.
    2. Now reboot to fastboot.
    3. Connect the phone to your pc and startup a terminal of your choice.
    4. In the terminal type fastboot flash system name-of-your-gsi-iamge.img (it has to be a .img file, extract .img.xz files do not just rename them).
    5. You should now be good to go and can reboot to system.

Thanks and credits to:

Changelog​

v1.02.1-alpha

• added drivers for novatek touch screens.

v1.01.2-alpha

• added patch with improved multidisabler

v1.01.1-alpha

• update multidisabler

v1.01.0-alpha

• fix permission for mkbootimg

v1.00.0-alpha

• Initial Release

How to get TWRP log files:​

recovery.log
    adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
    OR
    Advanced -> Copy Log -> Swipe to copy log to default storage

dmesg
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log
    OR
    Advanced -> Copy Log -> check "Include kernel log" -> Swipe to copy log to default storage

logcat
    adb logcat -d > logcat.txt
    OR
    Advanced -> Copy Log -> check "Include Logcat" -> Swipe to copy log to default storage
    Yes, it runs on my A22 5G.
    It's the same for me, but no issues so far.

That will be because you didn't format data. If I find sometime, I will try to reproduce that. Thank you, for testing.

Edit: Backups should work fine if you uncheck data?