[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][OneUI3.1] TWRP 3.5.1_10.0 For Samsung M51

Search This thread

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES, DATA LOSS, OR THE WORLD WAR III...
FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
ALWAYS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING CAREFULLY.
IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, ASK IN THE COMMENTS BELOW OR IN THE TELEGRAM GROUP FOR HELP. OTHERWISE, DON'T BLAME ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF

Bugs
-Userdata decryption is not working. You can flash multi disabler (check this before flashing) to disable encryption or use an external SD or USB OTG for putting ZIPs and IMGs on it in order to flash them
- Data backup is not working due to device encryption

How to Install
0. READ F.A.Q section first here
1. Unlock your bootloader
2. Boot to Odin mode
3. Check AP box and select TWRP tar file

4. Hit start
5. Reboot to TWRP and flash multi disabler if you want (check this before flashing it)
6. Have fun

Download
TWRP 3.5.1_10 - Beta 2
Multi Disabler

Sources
TWRP device tree
Kernel source

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-02-18.png
    Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-02-18.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 410
  • Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-02-33.png
    Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-02-33.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 382
  • Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-02-36.png
    Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-02-36.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 367
  • Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-02-59.png
    Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-02-59.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 329
  • Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-03-02.png
    Screenshot_1970-05-31-01-03-02.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Change Log:

Beta 2 - 24th of March 2021

- Update to latest kernel 4.14.190
- Fix MTP on the latest kernel
- Clean up dynamic partitions
- Released kernel 4.14.190 source

Beta 1 - 20th of March 2021
- Initial Release

Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
F.A.Q:

What is data encryption and why doesn't it work on TWRP?

Samsung M51 uses file-based encryption that encrypts the user data partition.
By default, TWRP can't decrypt user data partition, which makes it impossible for us to access the internal device storage from TWRP or recovery MTP, which means you can't put ROM files on your internal phone storage and flash them from there.

What is Multi disabler and how does it affect your phone?
- Multi disabler disables and removes the encryption on the data partition, which makes it possible for you to access your internal storage from TWRP or recovery MTP. thus, making it possible for you to flash files from internal storage.
- Removing the encryption on your device's internal storage makes it possible for you to access your files from recovery directly, which makes it possible for anyone to access your private files without your permission from recovery.
- All of the above means that your device will be less secure. So if you care about device encryption then don't flash the multi disabler and use a USB OTG or a sdcard to flash ROMs, which I recommend. Otherwise, flash the multi disabler at your own risk!!!
- FLASHINF MULTI DISABLER REQUIRES PERFORMING A FULL DATA WIPE WHICH MEANS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA. SO BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE FLASHING IT.

My device keeps rebooting to recovery after flashing TWRP, why?
Most probably you will need to wipe your data partition and flash multidisabler

Data backup is not working even after flashing multidisabller, why?
Current multidisabler still can't fully disable FBE encryption, which means that TWRP can't read data partition at all, hence creating backups will always fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rijanrijan

onurmemo77

Jul 28, 2015
Thank you so much for your efforts,

Does backup, restore, work smoothly in this version of twrp? Does it fully restore after making a backup? Or are there still mistakes?
In Twrp 3.4.0 Data backup is not loading. Nonoperating. But the system is loading.

Oh, thank you, thank you.

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Thank you so much for your efforts,

Does backup, restore, work smoothly in this version of twrp? Does it fully restore after making a backup? Or are there still mistakes?
In Twrp 3.4.0 Data backup is not loading. Nonoperating. But the system is loading.

Oh, thank you, thank you.
Currently I have no working ROM so I can't test back and restore functionality. But backing data should be working.. don't take that for granted tho..
It would be great if you can test that and report if it's working or not, or wait until I or someone else test that.

ilya33

Feb 5, 2016
thank you for your efforts. i installed this twrp and flashed mutlidisabler. also formatted data before reboot. Unfortunately twrp does not allow to create backups. Cannot unmount system partition etc...Your android 10 TWRP version is creating and restoring backups allright. So for now have to continue using android 10!

Last edited:
Reactions: TormentedHeart

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
thank you for your efforts. i installed this twrp and flashed mutlidisabler. also formatted data before reboot. Unfortunately twrp does not allow to create backups. Cannot unmount system partition etc...Your android 10 TWRP version is creating and restoring backups allright. So for now have to continue using android 10!
What error do you get? Can send me the recovery log?

Reactions: ilya33

ilya33

Feb 5, 2016

ilya33

Feb 5, 2016
backups will not work because of device encryption. Even after flashing mutldisabler, the device will keep encrypting the data.
Fyi -i have spare m51 device with android 11 installed. Ready to use it for any kind of twrp test builds. This is a good phone and we must have twrp for android 11 developed here. Thanks

Reactions: Rijanrijan

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Thanks.
Do you think that Magisk prerooting prior to TWRP flash might help here?
Or maybe we should just for full official Android 11 twrp release...
prerooting won't solve encryption issues. Maybe when TWRP can be build using android 11, we can fix encryption issues or at least partially fix it.

Reactions: ilya33

ilya33

Feb 5, 2016
Then go ahead and test this one. plus lineage 18.1 will drop here soon!
well i already tested that twrp build and it does not allow to create backup (which is the main reason i need twrp to start with). i will test your lineage roms no problem. Do you think that twrp will work properly with lineage 18?

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
well i already tested that twrp build and it does not allow to create backup (which is the main reason i need twrp to start with). i will test your lineage roms no problem. Do you think that twrp will work properly with lineage 18?
Data backup doesn't work because of data encryption.
Yes! it's working without any problems with lineage 18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES, DATA LOSS, OR THE WORLD WAR III...
    FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
    ALWAYS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING CAREFULLY.
    IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, ASK IN THE COMMENTS BELOW OR IN THE TELEGRAM GROUP FOR HELP. OTHERWISE, DON'T BLAME ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF

Bugs
    -Userdata decryption is not working. You can flash multi disabler (check this before flashing) to disable encryption or use an external SD or USB OTG for putting ZIPs and IMGs on it in order to flash them
    - Data backup is not working due to device encryption

How to Install
    0. READ F.A.Q section first here
    1. Unlock your bootloader
    2. Boot to Odin mode
    3. Check AP box and select TWRP tar file

4. Hit start
    5. Reboot to TWRP and flash multi disabler if you want (check this before flashing it)
    6. Have fun

Download
    TWRP 3.5.1_10 - Beta 2
    Multi Disabler

Sources
    TWRP device tree
    Kernel source
    Change Log:

Beta 2 - 24th of March 2021

- Update to latest kernel 4.14.190
    - Fix MTP on the latest kernel
    - Clean up dynamic partitions
    - Released kernel 4.14.190 source

Beta 1 - 20th of March 2021
    - Initial Release
    F.A.Q:

What is data encryption and why doesn't it work on TWRP?

Samsung M51 uses file-based encryption that encrypts the user data partition.
    By default, TWRP can't decrypt user data partition, which makes it impossible for us to access the internal device storage from TWRP or recovery MTP, which means you can't put ROM files on your internal phone storage and flash them from there.

What is Multi disabler and how does it affect your phone?
    - Multi disabler disables and removes the encryption on the data partition, which makes it possible for you to access your internal storage from TWRP or recovery MTP. thus, making it possible for you to flash files from internal storage.
    - Removing the encryption on your device's internal storage makes it possible for you to access your files from recovery directly, which makes it possible for anyone to access your private files without your permission from recovery.
    - All of the above means that your device will be less secure. So if you care about device encryption then don't flash the multi disabler and use a USB OTG or a sdcard to flash ROMs, which I recommend. Otherwise, flash the multi disabler at your own risk!!!
    - FLASHINF MULTI DISABLER REQUIRES PERFORMING A FULL DATA WIPE WHICH MEANS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA. SO BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE FLASHING IT.

My device keeps rebooting to recovery after flashing TWRP, why?
    Most probably you will need to wipe your data partition and flash multidisabler

Data backup is not working even after flashing multidisabller, why?
    Current multidisabler still can't fully disable FBE encryption, which means that TWRP can't read data partition at all, hence creating backups will always fail.
    Reserved just in case